Mongeese

2019 September Closer Thread

Hoping for a good month from Jansen, Robles and Melancon. 

I think Iglesias is bi-polar with these ups and downs. 

Urena save tonight. Hopefully y’all invested in the SP eligible closer like I posted 3 weeks ago. 

19 hours ago, cyberer said:

Urena save tonight. Hopefully y’all invested in the SP eligible closer like I posted 3 weeks ago. 

Kiss of death lol.

• Like 2

Please tell us more...

3 runs and doesn’t record an out tonight in the blown save, hopefully you didn’t hurt your arm attempting to pat yourself on the back

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I want a refund.

• Haha 3

On 9/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Hoping for a good month from Jansen, Robles and Melancon. 

I think Iglesias is bi-polar with these ups and downs. 

No that I want to defend Iglesias but is he really bi-polar or is the coach an idiot who hasn't want to listen to his best closer?

Iglesias has especially struggled in non-save situations this season. And I think we all remember earlier in the season he publicly complained about how he was wrongly used.

For what is about SV, so far he owns 29 SV for 5 BS in 58.1 IP. 78 K in 58.1 IP. Not bad. He's just one SV away from his record which much less games and inning pitched. His ERA and WHIP sucks for sure, but mostly because he has been used in a way he clearly said he didn't like and wasn't the best for him. And as a result I guess for the team as he also owns de facto 11 loses this season.

This dude isn't bi-polar in my own opinion. Stop using him in non-save situations or whatever else situation he said it wasn't good for him, and just let him be a closer because as a closer he is pretty good.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, TheBigBambino said:

Is Hudson the one to own?

If you chase SV and/or HLD, then not really. Just look at his recent usage.

7 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Thoughts on the urena experiment continuing for the ROS?

They have no reason not to keep trotting him out there to see if he can be their closer next year. Personally I think he’s trash and way too hittable to be a good closer. I’d expect 2 or 3 saves ROS with an equal number of blown saves.

Edited by meh2
  • Like 1

Weird, Cishek has been lights out lately...... Need a closer real bad for the final two weeks, my gut tells me Cishek but hard to disagree with the sites that basically do nothing but predict closers... lol  Hmmmmmmm

25 minutes ago, TheChamp said:

Weird, Cishek has been lights out lately...... Need a closer real bad for the final two weeks, my gut tells me Cishek but hard to disagree with the sites that basically do nothing but predict closers... lol  Hmmmmmmm

Could be a committee with both him and Strop also in the mix... Won't know until the first save chance.

48 minutes ago, TheChamp said:

Cishek seems to be the guy most added on yahoo by a decent margin as of right now.

which means absolutely nothing.

I would go for Cishek!

Earlier in the season when someone was needed for the Cubs, I think it was Cishek who took over the job and it did well. He may not be the one who is going to get the first save chance, but in middle-term he must be the one who will take over the job. In my opinion. And he hasn't pitched bad lately. If I should trust someone it would be him rather than anybody else available for the Cubs.

25 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

which means absolutely nothing.

maybe Maddon makes his decisions based on fantasy baseball trends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Throwing my dart at Wick but figure there’s at least a 50% chance it doesn’t even hit the board.

I think Rowan Wick will be the guy, even though saying his name 5 times fast sounds like youre barking