Sign in to follow this  
Tryptamine

Brennen Davis OF CHC

Long overdue for his own thread. Anyways, he played his first game last night after a long lay off thanks to a pitch in the hand. He went 3/4 with a HR,BB and SB raising the season line to .305/.381/.525 with an 8.8BB% and 18.6K%. Because of the missed time, due to the hand injuries, he may see some repeat time in A ball, but he's also a guy who should see various top 100 lists in the off season.

48 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Long overdue for his own thread. Anyways, he played his first game last night after a long lay off thanks to a pitch in the hand. He went 3/4 with a HR,BB and SB raising the season line to .305/.381/.525 with an 8.8BB% and 18.6K%. Because of the missed time, due to the hand injuries, he may see some repeat time in A ball, but he's also a guy who should see various top 100 lists in the off season.

Agree absolutely.  Posted about him in "Deep Sleepers" earlier this year.  He was a two-sport athlete, who had not committed to playing baseball full-time until recently.  Taking that into account, it makes his year even more impressive, imo, in a pitcher-friendly league.  Unfortunate that he got injured a couple times that put him on the IL, otherwise, I would have expected him making a jump onto most Top 100 lists (had he played and performed over the full season).  I would still anticipate he will get on some lists, but he may be still a bit of a sleeper for some leagues going into next year.  For me, if he is available in your league, I would grab him.