Sign in to follow this  
FouLLine

Trade controversy CMC+ 4 Odell+ WHIR

Recommended Posts

So this trade happens yesterday less than 24 hours after our draft:

 

CMC (taken #1 overall)

Kenyan Drake

Corey Davis

 

For

 

Odell Beckham Jr

Aaron Jones

 

The owner who offered it says he offered it on accident via his phone pushing buttons in his pocket.  He said he was looking to make some feeler offers and got a phone call in the middle of doing so so never made an actual offer his phone just hit the send it through button by mistake.  So the one owner who got the trade is putting up a huge fuss.  What do you guys think the league should do?

 

WHIR as always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long after the offer got sent did the guy who offered it mention it was an accident?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

How long after the offer got sent did the guy who offered it mention it was an accident?

This is a valid question & a tough thing to figure out. I understand the frustration of the guy who was set to receive the CMC side, because who doesn't want CMC, right? If it was truly an accident, then those things happen & just move the players back. But I would provide all the information to the league & take a league vote. If I were in the league, I would vote that the trade be null & inform the guy who accidentally sent the trade, that this is the only time the league will allow this for him. You don't want to allow this guy to continue sending trades, then comes on a place like here or other sites & they say "No, don't do it" & have him saying the same accident occurred over & over. Good luck & let us know the outcome. Always nice to have these examples to reference, in case something similar happens to others in their leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like buyers remorse to me. He obviously put those players together in a package.

 

Id let the league vote on it and leave it as that. Have it be a one time thing and let the league know going forward that canceling trades afterwords won’t happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You obviously just reverse the trade if it wasn't an intentional trade. When does the number 1 overall pick get traded the day after the draft?  The entire point of a trade is 2 people agree to a trade if someone here is saying that their phone put it through then you have to go off of that especially when the trade looks that bad for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Sounds like buyers remorse to me. He obviously put those players together in a package.

 

Id let the league vote on it and leave it as that. Have it be a one time thing and let the league know going forward that canceling trades afterwords won’t happen

 

Unless there is some clear history of this happenimg. I'm sure there's more context but if those are the basic facts then I'd say yeah obviously reverse it as it already looks like a near collusion trade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

How long after the offer got sent did the guy who offered it mention it was an accident?

 

Yeah within a few hours he mentioned it to the league apparently told the commissioner of the league before he even posted to the league.  But no new news broke on any of these guys or anything like that.  Seems like an honest mistake.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy football is supposed to be fun.  Have to take the guys word that it was a mistake and move on.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

This is a valid question & a tough thing to figure out. I understand the frustration of the guy who was set to receive the CMC side, because who doesn't want CMC, right? If it was truly an accident, then those things happen & just move the players back. But I would provide all the information to the league & take a league vote. If I were in the league, I would vote that the trade be null & inform the guy who accidentally sent the trade, that this is the only time the league will allow this for him. You don't want to allow this guy to continue sending trades, then comes on a place like here or other sites & they say "No, don't do it" & have him saying the same accident occurred over & over. Good luck & let us know the outcome. Always nice to have these examples to reference, in case something similar happens to others in their leagues.

 

Yeah there's been absolutely 0 history of people trying to get trades reversed. 

 

Annually there are about 1 - 3 trades per year in this league.  In the past 3 seasons no one has traded a healthy non hold out 1st or even 2nd rounder.  So generally high profile players don't get traded.  There is a veto system and others have complained about the trade before even realizing it was offered on accident so it seems to make sense.  It probably just gets vetoed down as more fair trades in the past were vetoed down in this league and made a big fuss over.

 

Most people in the league right now I don't think even realized what went down.  But I was just trying to get some perspective before it blows up into an entire controversy.

 

Which last year Gus Edwards got traded for Peyton Barber and Theo Riddick (one of 2 trades that season that happened in this league) at the trade deadline and sparked a huuuuuge controversy ultimately someone wasn't invited back this year over it as they argued Gus Edwards was a superstar even though Barber out scored him and Theo scored nearly as many points from that point forward and only 1 of the three ever made it into a lineup lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take the guy at his word and reverse it. Share the explanation to the league and stress that reversing trades is frowned upon to discourage it happening again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FouLLine said:

So this trade happens yesterday less than 24 hours after our draft:

 

CMC (taken #1 overall)

Kenyan Drake

Corey Davis

 

For

 

Odell Beckham Jr

Aaron Jones

 

The owner who offered it says he offered it on accident via his phone pushing buttons in his pocket.  He said he was looking to make some feeler offers and got a phone call in the middle of doing so so never made an actual offer his phone just hit the send it through button by mistake.  So the one owner who got the trade is putting up a huge fuss.  What do you guys think the league should do?

 

WHIR as always

 

That sounds like the biggest bs I've heard all day. Oh, your pocket magically hit all of the buttons/scrolling necessary to offer that trade? Suuuuuuuurre. Sounds like buyer's remorse to me. And honestly, it's not that bad anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

 

Yeah there's been absolutely 0 history of people trying to get trades reversed. 

 

Annually there are about 1 - 3 trades per year in this league.  In the past 3 seasons no one has traded a healthy non hold out 1st or even 2nd rounder.  So generally high profile players don't get traded.  There is a veto system and others have complained about the trade before even realizing it was offered on accident so it seems to make sense.  It probably just gets vetoed down as more fair trades in the past were vetoed down in this league and made a big fuss over.

 

Most people in the league right now I don't think even realized what went down.  But I was just trying to get some perspective before it blows up into an entire controversy.

 

Which last year Gus Edwards got traded for Peyton Barber and Theo Riddick (one of 2 trades that season that happened in this league) at the trade deadline and sparked a huuuuuge controversy ultimately someone wasn't invited back this year over it as they argued Gus Edwards was a superstar even though Barber out scored him and Theo scored nearly as many points from that point forward and only 1 of the three ever made it into a lineup lol.

 

Only 1-3 trades a year and when there are unicorn trades/transactions, everyone in your league throws temper tantrums? Someone threw a temper tantrum over a trade involving GUS EDWARDS and PEYTON BARBER? LOLz. Sounds like a fun league....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Take the guy at his word and reverse it. Share the explanation to the league and stress that reversing trades is frowned upon to discourage it happening again.

 

-Problem with this is that it creates a subjective outlook. Who's to say he didn't read a note and then change his mind and then claim "the trade was prepared in my pocket while I -was making dinner?" If this is reversed, it sets a precedent where someone can change their mind after a trade is completed.

-What if someone wants to change their mind and claim "I never even accepted it, it was accepted in my pocket while I was going for a run." Nevermind that they wanted to do the trade initially, accepted it and then were told by a buddy who said "aw you shouldnt have done that." Or they read a note online that makes them want to change their mind.

-Offering a trade isn't as simple as accidentally pocket dialing. He formed the trade together on his phone and offered it. This pleading ignorance and claiming it was all done in his pocket is BS. If I were in the league, I'd never want to deal with him again if he's allowed to reneg a deal that HE offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ThreadKiller, I understand your points. However, the OP has explained trading is a rarity and there is no history of bad intentions. Sometimes mistakes happen. Maybe his excuse is horse poop, but if I'm running that league I'm giving guys that care to explain a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

-Problem with this is that it creates a subjective outlook. Who's to say he didn't read a note and then change his mind and then claim "the trade was prepared in my pocket while I -was making dinner?" If this is reversed, it sets a precedent where someone can change their mind after a trade is completed.

-What if someone wants to change their mind and claim "I never even accepted it, it was accepted in my pocket while I was going for a run." Nevermind that they wanted to do the trade initially, accepted it and then were told by a buddy who said "aw you shouldnt have done that." Or they read a note online that makes them want to change their mind.

-Offering a trade isn't as simple as accidentally pocket dialing. He formed the trade together on his phone and offered it. This pleading ignorance and claiming it was all done in his pocket is BS. If I were in the league, I'd never want to deal with him again if he's allowed to reneg a deal that HE offered.

 

Does it really though?  I think the easiest thing here is to just reverse the trade unless someone here has a history of pulling s--- like this.

 

The entire point of a trade is 2 people agree on something if someone offered a trade that wasn't meant to be offered due to their phone hitting the send offer button then of course the league just out of sheer fairness shouldn't allow the trade to go through.

 

I mean I think we all can agree that the guy getting CMC is crushing this trade.  Drake and Corey Davis could both end up close to Aaron Jones alone.  Beckham won't eclipse CMC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Only 1-3 trades a year and when there are unicorn trades/transactions, everyone in your league throws temper tantrums? Someone threw a temper tantrum over a trade involving GUS EDWARDS and PEYTON BARBER? LOLz. Sounds like a fun league....

 

It's an insanely competitive league.... But trust me the guy who got on the soap box for this one wasn't invited back this year.  But yeah it was bad and this is a 1 point PPR league so Edwards probably ended up being the RB that scored the least amount of points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PRoSPx said:

 

Does it really though?  I think the easiest thing here is to just reverse the trade unless someone here has a history of pulling s--- like this.

 

The entire point of a trade is 2 people agree on something if someone offered a trade that wasn't meant to be offered due to their phone hitting the send offer button then of course the league just out of sheer fairness shouldn't allow the trade to go through.

 

I mean I think we all can agree that the guy getting CMC is crushing this trade.  Drake and Corey Davis could both end up close to Aaron Jones alone.  Beckham won't eclipse CMC.

 

First of all, yes. If a trade is offered by mistake, then in good faith, it should be reversed. I think we can all agree on that since it's supposed to be fun. My point is that that is only relevant if you believe his excuse that the interior of his pocket is what opened the app and then orchestrated a specific trade involving 5 players. To whoever believes that his pocket is that magical, say hello to the tooth fairy for me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

That sounds like the biggest bs I've heard all day. Oh, your pocket magically hit all of the buttons/scrolling necessary to offer that trade? Suuuuuuuurre. Sounds like buyer's remorse to me. And honestly, it's not that bad anyway...

 

The explanation was he got a phone call in the middle of making the offer and never got to finish the offer.  Other teams verified he offered them the same package but for a far higher price (Kamara and Barkley involved).  So far everyone that's spoken up said they think we should just reverse the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

 

It's an insanely competitive league.... But trust me the guy who got on the soap box for this one wasn't invited back this year.  But yeah it was bad and this is a 1 point PPR league so Edwards probably ended up being the RB that scored the least amount of points.

 

I'm sure it's competitive, not disputing that. But if there is that limited activity and when there is some random small amount of trade activity people throw temper tantrums? Sounds awful lol no offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

 

The explanation was he got a phone call in the middle of making the offer and never got to finish the offer.  Other teams verified he offered them the same package but for a far higher price (Kamara and Barkley involved).  So far everyone that's spoken up said they think we should just reverse the trade.

 

Then what's the debate? If the league is calling for a reversal (that's the only opinion that matters) then what's the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThreadKiller said:

 

I'm sure it's competitive, not disputing that. But if there is that limited activity and when there is some random small amount of trade activity people throw temper tantrums? Sounds awful lol no offense.

 

It was awful which is why the complainer wasn't invited back. 

 

But the back story is the trade happened right at the trade deadline between a father and his son (both been in the league for years and are both good owners) but they tried to argue that because the father was likely out (not mathematically eliminated yet) he shouldn't have been trading with a team trying to make the playoffs (the son's team was in 6th place top 6 advanced to playoffs).  But it was such a trivial trade that the playoff contending team was actually over paying for that there was no reason to complain really.  I mean its very rare that one team doesn't get somewhat of the better end of a trade so you can't expect it to be perfect.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Then what's the debate? If the league is calling for a reversal (that's the only opinion that matters) then what's the problem?

 

Well so far only 4 of the 10 owners have chimed in... Well 5 if you include the guy who traded CMC.  I was just trying to get out in front and get some perspective on this before some crazy argument broke out off the rails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly i would reverse it. Wouldn’t want anything to taint the league. 

Thanks on mine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

Honestly i would reverse it. Wouldn’t want anything to taint the league. 

Thanks on mine! 

 

This is really the best course of action here... Why ruin someone's team before the season even started on an accident.  If there was a 3rd player involved and the trade was a little less lopsided and this guy had waited over a day to say anything then I could see calling buyers remorse. But it was said that no new news broke out on any of the involved players so at that point why are you trying so desperately to trade the #1 overall pick before talking to multiple teams on him?  Just doesn't make sense on way too many levels to just simply call buyers remorse.  Now when this guy says this 4 weeks from now that's when you're like wait a min wtf?...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this