Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

What are your thoughts on him this coming season. I think Mavs will be better this year with luka/delon/porzingis together.

My projection will be 44% fg 76% ft 1 3pm 15.2ppg 5.6rpg 7apg 1.7spg 0.5bpg 2to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sanjo16 said:

What are your thoughts on him this coming season. I think Mavs will be better this year with luka/delon/porzingis together.

My projection will be 44% fg 76% ft 1 3pm 15.2ppg 5.6rpg 7apg 1.7spg 0.5bpg 2to

Well that's a bit optimistic don't you think? 

More like 12/4/4 I would say. He will start but this doesn't mean he will play 35 minutes, I think Curry gets minutes as PG next to Doncic as well. He makes sense off the ball. 

And JJ always finds a way to get minutes !

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 2

I consider him as a sleeper. I hope that nobody notice him and Delon is available at 8th-9th round.

5 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Well that's a bit optimistic don't you think? 

More like 12/4/4 I would say. He will start but this doesn't mean he will play 35 minutes, I think Curry gets minutes as PG next to Doncic as well. He makes sense off the ball. 

And JJ always finds a way to get minutes !

and don't forget brunson,he is impressive at the end of last season

• Like 1

Delon's value will depend on whether Carlisle likes him or not. He can be a guy that gets 28+ minutes or someone that gets only 20 minutes. I'd manage expectations. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know it is only preseason but it doesn't look good, for the last games he only took around 3 shots a game

As a Mavs fan I liked this move.   I live in Detroit and was at the game Wednesday and didn't like what I saw.  Its fine to have Luka as the pg but Wright needs to have the ball in his hands some to create which isn't happening at all right now.    Hes being stuck in the corner to shoot 3s which isn't his game.  I know it's only preseason but I wouldn't touch Wright who I liked before seeing them play. 

1 hour ago, nadertime78 said:

As a Mavs fan I liked this move.   I live in Detroit and was at the game Wednesday and didn't like what I saw.  Its fine to have Luka as the pg but Wright needs to have the ball in his hands some to create which isn't happening at all right now.    Hes being stuck in the corner to shoot 3s which isn't his game.  I know it's only preseason but I wouldn't touch Wright who I liked before seeing them play. 

I'm also a Mavs fan and like Delon for his length and defense. I watched Grizz games last season because I picked up JV when he was traded. I was impressed and hoping Delon would share some ball handling duties with Luka because Luka was slowing down post ASB or even before that though I'm not sure if it's the rookie wall or conditioning issues. I hope they don't just turn Delon into Dorell.

It’s likely that the low minutes and lack of aggression is due to his hammy injury. No sense doomsaying till the games matter IMO

They inked him to a 3 year deal so it stands to reason that they’ll use him. Carisle is smart enough to know that he cant lean on JJ and Devin forever.

It does concern me that Delon needs the ball to make an impact on O, but he should get enough opportunities to produce and is a solid defender.

I could see him having a similar projection to Marcus Smart with less 3s and better FG, which is fair cause they go around the same value.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IT2 said:

I could see him having a similar projection to Marcus Smart with less 3s and better FG, which is fair cause they go around the same value.

Nowhere near the elite steal rate of Smart, but might chip in .7 blocks which is plenty valuable from the guard spot in roto.

I'm starting to question his value relative to who's available around that 80-100 range...I like him as a player, but his stats came on an empty Memphis team with the usual here have the ball and go nuts.  

He doesn't really shoot 3's and probably will average under 1 per game.  Steals are nice.  Will he chip in reb / assists?

Honestly I like Dejounte more than Delon, but I feel like he usually goes a bit later.  Also prefer Smart, TJ Warren, the Bridges brothers, and probably FVV and maybe Derrick White too.   

13 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Love the pre-season overreacting. Him & Luka will be great. Someone dropped him in one of my leagues, scoop scoop 

Bargain! love the username btw

Some massively underwhelming preseason play.

4games/19.1min/4.3pts/0.5threes/3.3rbds/2.8assists/0.5steals/0.3blks on 35% from the field and 75% from the line.

i know it’s the preseason but I was hoping to see more out of him. 

As a Toronto resident I can tell you that Delon has value, but much like a Lonzo Ball; his value is tied to handling the ball.  Delon next to Luka will not put up very good numbers.  Delon‘s a pass first PG who when aggressive shows flashes of greatness.  His final months with Memphis are a perfect example of this.  But watching him play off the ball with Luka really worries me...I don’t think Dallas is utilizing him correctly.  They really need to stagger Luka and Delon’s minutes in order to maximize his output.  I traded him in one league, and holding in another; but my expectations are very tempered.

if you can get a top 85 player in return make the deal and don’t look back.

Edited by Kawz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roto blurbs are still pretty high on him.. Do you think they’re just way off or is it up to a coin toss of possibility?

For me I got no choice. I only have him and CJ as my PGs on a punt assist team. Unless there is a WW PG that would be available soon then I will just hold on and hope for the best