Sign in to follow this  
Brownsfan74

Top things you will be watching this weekend

What do you have your eye on for week 1?  Here are some of mine -

1.  Bears backfield usage and whether Montgomery is the real deal

2.  Chief's backfield - Does Williams ball out with Shady learning the playbook, or does he flop, leaving the door wide open?

3.  How does the Air Raid in Arizona look?

4.  Todd Gurley - how much does he play?  Does he look the same?

5.  Antonio Brown - He didn't do anything in the preseason.  How does he fit with the Raiders?

Lot of questions will be answered week 1 and there will be happy and sad owners who took gambles.

• Like 5

Gurley usage

Chiefs RB's

Falcons passing offense (Vegas has Ryan as #2 passing QB for the  year)

Hunter Henry 

As far as AB, I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to be a MAJOR PITA for the Raiders.  The whole thing stinks.

Texans backfield - specifically Duke

Pats backfield - I know this may be a week to week thing but hopefully they feed Michel

Lamar Jackson - they have really tailored the playbook to his skillset so excited to see what they have in store for him

11 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

2.  Chief's backfield - Does Williams ball out with Shady learning the playbook, or does he flop, leaving the door wide open?

In addition, a top notch offense vs. one of the better defenses, will be interesting to see which prevails. Williams balling out would be particularly noteworthy considering the defensive opponent.

I'll be looking at my QB's who are playing each other, Jared Goff, with a fully healthy WR corps, but still with the Gurley question mark. And also Cam Newton, making his regular season return against the Rams D

San Fran WR corps with a healthy Garrappolo, who, if any, will emerge?

Also Skins and Fins backfields. Two of the projected worst teams in the league, but Guice looks to get a decent load for his 1st regular season action, and as a Ballage flyer taker, I'll be curious to see how things unfold with him and Drake vs. BAL

Edited by JCDaly

Other than my hometown Chiefs(which I have no fantasy stock in) the following players are at the top of my how do they look list.

Derrius Guice

Duke Johnson

Dante Pettis

• Like 1

Less obviously, I’m really interested in watching Josh Allen. Guy was incredible those last five weeks and if shows any improvement in the pocket he could be a really nice sleeper option.

Also curious how the Ravens backfield shakes out. Does Justice Hill come in on every third down and get some early down usage? Does Gus eat into Ingram’s workload?

same for SF.  Does Breida play the Freeman role while Coleman plays the Coleman role?

i think Hyde has sneaky value being on top offense and being the early down back. Does he have a start to the season like he did with CLE last year where he was an everyweek RB2?

who is the number 1 receiving option in MIA and Wash? Do they have value? I like McLaurin and Wilson but does Richardson and Parker represent the better plays?

Lots of interesting early season questions 

• Like 1

Kerryon Johnson give 1st round value from a 3rd round pick and making a lot of fantasy footballers very happy 

Edited by TommyKramer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TommyKramer said:

Kerryon Johnson give 1st round value from a 3rd round pick and making a lot of fantasy footballers very happy 

Ditto for Chris Carson

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Kyler Murray

Will there be a valuable pass catcher on the Panthers that isn't white

Who will be Jacoby Brissett's go to guy/will Marlon Mack produce 

My fanduel lineups slowly dropping out of the money 

How many touches Latavius Murray gets.  Could be a week one drop if he’s not getting the kind of usage Ingram did. 

Edited by lla887
  • Like 2

Don't overreact. Reminder my 49ers looked like world beaters week 1 in 2015 and 2016 and we all know what happened after that.

• Like 1

Devonta Freeman - how does he look coming off of an injury-plagued season?

Leonard Fournette - same as Freeman

Austin Ekeler - split % with Jackson

If I may speak candidly, 70% of the things people are "watching for" in here won't really be answered in week 1.  It's just one week, and week 1 is always wonky as f---.  Gotta wait til week 3 or 4 if you really want answers instead of just knee-jerk reactions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Don't overreact. Reminder my 49ers looked like world beaters week 1 in 2015 and 2016 and we all know what happened after that.

Yea but Jimmy G is back! Jimmy the GOAT! I'm excited for Jimmy G this year.

• Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Derrick Henry running into league MVP

Also will be watching the Derrick Henry thread but that’s been a no brainer for years. Never gets old.

• Haha 1