Sign in to follow this  
gus030

Mohamed Sanu 2019 Outlook

For a team that absolutely covets their draft picks, I think the price of a 2nd round pick tells you everything you need to know. They didn't pay this price for him to plan on NOT getting him very involved.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

to be fair to him, he was behind AJ Green(Dalton as QB, i guess thats a factor too) and Julio Jones/Calvin Ridley.. cant look into those numbers too much. I think he is a redzone target for sure.

What about 2016/2017? And you think he’ll be the number 1 in NE? They spread it around more than cincy/atl did

How does this affect the impending trades for Stefon Diggs, AJ Green, and Kenyan Drake, plus the return of Gronk, as promised by many on here?

• Haha 3

i think hes an immediate wr3/flex with upside for more given the week to week status of gordon and the injury history of edelman. think he slots in second in the pecking order of receivers after edelman and ahead of gordon/dorsett.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

How does this affect the impending trades for Stefon Diggs, AJ Green, and Kenyan Drake, plus the return of Gronk, as promised by many on here?

I'm sure Belichick has found a way to exploit a loophole still in place from the 1972 CBA that has allowed them to free up 15 million in cap space by trading for Sanu, so they're still coming.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

... not to mention the AB reunion, as well

I don’t see Sanu providing much fantasy value. His situation will be similar to what he had in Atlanta, looking for scraps. He makes sense for the Patriots in real life. There may be a good fantasy day or two but predicting them will be impossible. As long as Edelman is healthy, he’s the only reliable Patriots receiver. 

Edited by y2jbones

4 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I don’t see Sanu providing much fantasy value. His situation will be similar to what he had in Atlanta, looking for scraps. He makes sense for the Patriots in real life. There may big a good fantasy day or two but predicting them will be impossible. As long as Edelman is healthy, he’s the only reliable Patriots receiver. 

Pats and Falcons offensive scheming/situations are nothing alike.

8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya mean being up 28-3 in the third qtr was not a legit shot?

🤔

It kills me how Seattle has never given Wilson two legit shots at winning the Super Bowl.

7 hours ago, bgar15 said:

For a team that absolutely covets their draft picks, I think the price of a 2nd round pick tells you everything you need to know. They didn't pay this price for him to plan on NOT getting him very involved.

Devil's advocate: that's what everyone said about Duke Johnson. I agree he should see a lot of action, just pointing out it's impossible to say esp with this team. 

PS:  I like Sanu and would move for him on the FA wire if he was available; a lot of people underrating him. He could easily flourish in this system. He is not flashy but he is reliable which is more than you can say for any NE WR. He could have done a lot more damage in ATL if not for Hooper and Ridley taking away carries

51 minutes ago, bomont said:

Devil's advocate: that's what everyone said about Duke Johnson. I agree he should see a lot of action, just pointing out it's impossible to say esp with this team. 

I’m pretty sure Houston has been trading away draft picks like they’re worthless under BOB

I think one of the reasons the Pat's traded for him, besides his WR skills, is he's a good blocker.  Any upgrade they can do for the blocking, will help the rest of the offense, though not Sanu's fantasy stats.  I've always thought of Sanu as kind of boring player, but the name of the game is the number of targets.  Can he get enough targets to be a consistent WR2?  If / when everyone gets healthy, there's a lot of mouths to feed.

1 minute ago, itschief33 said:

I’m pretty sure Houston has been trading away draft picks like they’re worthless under BOB

That's what happens when the Coach is in win now mode and has a lot of say in the front office.  If they don't go far in the playoffs, maybe he's gone anyways.

4 minutes ago, rocket said:

That's what happens when the Coach is in win now mode and has a lot of say in the front office.  If they don't go far in the playoffs, maybe he's gone anyways.

I agree. I meant there’s a fundamental difference in planned usage between the two teams. The pats giving away a 2nd rounder means a whole lot more than the texans

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rocket said:

I think one of the reasons the Pat's traded for him, besides his WR skills, is he's a good blocker.  Any upgrade they can do for the blocking, will help the rest of the offense, though not Sanu's fantasy stats.  I've always thought of Sanu as kind of boring player, but the name of the game is the number of targets.  Can he get enough targets to be a consistent WR2?  If / when everyone gets healthy, there's a lot of mouths to feed.

You hit the nail on the head. I think he will be about the same as he was in Atlanta. 

15 minutes ago, bomont said:

Fair counterpoint

That’s not to say I didn’t think duke would get much more usage than he is currently. So who knows 

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

You hit the nail on the head. I think he will be about the same as he was in Atlanta. 

Should see an uptick in rz targets.  I would guess he avgs more in ppg than he is currently (10.0 in PPR).

Obvious stock rising scenario. I trust NE to put Sanu in position to succeed more than ATL did. They will get the most out of him. WR3 with WR2 upside. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bgar15 said:

To me they price says nothing about fantasy value. I read the Patriots' salary cap is maxed, so maybe the price was so high (I don't consider Sanu being worth a late second) because the Falcons pay his salary for the rest of the season.

Edited by thebadferret

22 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Assuming he has supplanted Gordon. 

White, Crackhead, Gordon, Edelman, Dorsett, Sanu

Crowded corps for noodle arm Brady.

I would have thought Gordon was the Crackhead

Sanu will be involved in trick plays, I think he throws a couple passes, end arounds, screens, rush attempts. I like this move a lot for the Patriots. Sanu has such a diverse skill set that the Patriots can use. Patriots love trolling people, they will feature Sanu in many different ways and watch everyone be in awe of how Sanu has had such a career resurgence. 

• Like 1