Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Trubisky is much more of a problem then his recovering ACL and no, his surgery was two years ago. 

So he was much more of a problem, THEN his ACL season happened?  Whoa.  Count me out!

Edited by Tugginroot

Sell high on all Bears players. Expeditiously. 

Allen Robinson would be a top 10 receiver on any team with a competent quarterback, but alas, he has the great Mitchell Tribuisky, a bum befitting of a coach as half-witted as that imbecile Nagy. 

Montgomery is electrifying, but again, Nagy is an absolute misfit. Those low snap counts in a crucial divisional game don't bode well. DMont definitely has breakout potential and will most likely overtake the starting job, but let's be real - you most likely spent a 3rd or 4th pick on him and can't really wait it out with him like you could with the other high-upside fliers.

Cohen - he's a sensational player, but you can only wonder how erratic and unreliable he'll be with this running back carousel going on. See if someone bites thinking he'll continue seeing 10 targets a game.

Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel? Garbadge. Kobe fade-away them straight into the waiver wire...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

Allen Robinson would be a top 10 receiver on any team with a competent quarterback, but alas, he has the great Mitchell Tribuisky, a bum befitting of a coach as half-witted as that imbecile Nagy. 

Montgomery is electrifying, but again, Nagy is an absolute misfit. Those low snap counts in a crucial divisional game don't bode well. DMont definitely has breakout potential and will most likely overtake the starting job, but let's be real - you most likely spent a 3rd or 4th pick on him and can't really wait it out with him like you could with the other high-upside fliers.

Cohen - he's a sensational player, but you can only wonder how erratic and unreliable he'll be with this running back carousel going on. See if someone bites thinking he'll continue seeing 10 targets a game.

Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel? Garbadge. Kobe fade-away them straight into the waiver wire...

I already traded Montgomery before the game started. Was a Jordan Howard owner last year and it was just frustrating seeing how much they love Cohen. 

1 hour ago, Athebaby7 said:

I already traded Montgomery before the game started. Was a Jordan Howard owner last year and it was just frustrating seeing how much they love Cohen. 

Howard got 270 carries last year. He just wasn't very good.

Sell high on Anthony Miller. You might even scoop up a good third Kicker for your roster if you play the cards right.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

It was a very frustrating year for Howard owners and might be even worse with Montgomery owners with 3rb’s getting touches. Howard has a very successful year in 2016 and 2017 with the bears. In 2018 they upped Cohen’s usage on the field and Howard had less snaps and was less success. In those years it was just Howard and 1 more RB for the most part. Now there’s 3 backs in the Bears offense this year and I do not trust the Bears coaching staff at all to allow Montgomery to take a primary role. I do not believe he will get 250 carries this year. Howard had exactly 250 carries last year in a 2 man RB situation 

Edited by Athebaby7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Is Montgomery good? Navy's usage last night says no when he gets out snapped by cohen and davis and gets zero passing work (outside of a fluke pass play). This rhetoric is exactly what people used to justify ignoring dumbass nagy and his history of playcalling. 

Just now, Guwop said:

Is Montgomery good? Navy's usage last night says no when he gets out snapped by cohen and davis and gets zero passing work (outside of a fluke pass play). This rhetoric is exactly what people used to justify ignoring dumbass nagy and his history of playcalling. 

I do not know what to expect from the Bears and Montgomery after last night.  I did not target him but the guy im playing had him.   I was seeing reports from Nag saying this guy is a superstar.  I immediately thought oh crap... missed on this guy and was expecting a 100 plus yard game with about 8 receptions and 2td's.    What i saw really did not impress me and in the end my kicker outscored him.    Seemed like the offensive line was giving him nothing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

250 carries

2 hours ago, Guwop said:

Is Montgomery good?

absolutely a "buy low" candidate.

montgomery had two runs where he clearly out-talented both cohen and davis in showcasing his elusiveness.  while the other two RBs had the touches, montgomery looked better against what is clearly a great defense .

the 27-yard reception was an outstanding catch.

the usage is clearly discouraging, but if anything that drives montgomery's price down. davis looked like the lead back, and cohen was lining up in the slot as a WR. montgomery will emerge as the #1 back here---i have no doubt---however it's looking like an RBBC so his touches will be limited to the 10-14 range unless someone gets hurt.

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Sell high on Anthony Miller. You might even scoop up a good third Kicker for your roster if you play the cards right.

zero targets. good advice for my 2-kicker league.

6 hours ago, J Boogie said:

Montgomery is electrifying, but again, Nagy is an absolute misfit.

100% true

but patience, boogie... it'll come

6 hours ago, J Boogie said:

So sell high on all of the Bear players that had a crappy game? Right....

2 hours ago, smash10033 said:

I do not know what to expect from the Bears and Montgomery after last night.  I did not target him but the guy im playing had him.   I was seeing reports from Nag saying this guy is a superstar.  I immediately thought oh crap... missed on this guy and was expecting a 100 plus yard game with about 8 receptions and 2td's.    What i saw really did not impress me and in the end my kicker outscored him.    Seemed like the offensive line was giving him nothing.  

No offense but I think you were box score watching. He had a really good first down run where he made two guys miss, gained about 4 extra yards. He also had a highlight catch that was very difficult. He is a talent, no doubt - he just needs the opportunity now

1 hour ago, poofinger said:

Sell high on the NFL. 

I did, but it was reversed after a challenge flag (following a 7-minute delay.) 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TB44 said:

No offense but I think you were box score watching. He had a really good first down run where he made two guys miss, gained about 4 extra yards. He also had a highlight catch that was very difficult. He is a talent, no doubt - he just needs the opportunity now

With a coach notorious for not giving his "lead back" opportunity. Looks like more of the same. To have cohen almost double your snap count and Davis out snap you and almost have the same rushing attempts looks like more of the same from Nagy. He looks the part but the coach has to actually use him. That concern will continue until nagy finally changes and it's hard to see him changing bc this is a continuation of last year. Everyone watching saw he was the best and his coach still didn't change a thing. Nagy gonna nagy 

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

With a coach notorious for not giving his "lead back" opportunity. Looks like more of the same. To have cohen almost double your snap count and Davis out snap you and almost have the same rushing attempts looks like more of the same from Nagy. He looks the part but the coach has to actually use him. That concern will continue until nagy finally changes and it's hard to see him changing bc this is a continuation of last year. Everyone watching saw he was the best and his coach still didn't change a thing. Nagy gonna nagy 

I agree. But I believe talent wins out, just don't know how long that will take. If Davis keeps doing nothing with his touches, they will start to shift.

11 hours ago, peleincubus said:

Josh or Melvin Gordon??

Melvin. I think Josh should do just fine provided he stays in the league.

11 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Sell high on Robinson. This was his best game since week 9 last year, which was the only game he had more than 85 yards all last season. 

Disagree. He looked every bit of a dominant receiver last night. Slants, back shoulders. He's gonna be solid. Packers have a very good secondary, too. Trubisky will be fine. Plus, there was some rust to knock off for both teams in the season opener.

• Like 1

I mean, sell Lamar Jackson for Mahomie wherever you can.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:19 PM, mortman212 said:

Sell Antonio Brown, Sell Gordon, 

Seriously? 

On 9/6/2019 at 12:44 AM, timexsocialclub said:

Buy Montgomery. Buy Robinson. Buy AVS. Hold A. Jones. Drop Allison. Buy Jimmy Graham. Sell Antonio. Sell Gordon.

A Brown? Again, seriously?

1 minute ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Joe Mixon Buy low or stay away ? 

I'd buy low if the owner is truly selling low, but unlikely they would be in most leagues.

26 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Seriously? 

A Brown? Again, seriously?

Look at the date that was 3 days ago, before he was signed anywhere..................................................