Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

9/7 - GAME DAY THREAD

Go Verlander!

Go Astros!  Get him some run support for a Win since neither team for my pitchers yesterday could... (looking at you, Minnesota vs. Plutko of all Indians' pitchers)

So JD Martinez is a HORBBILE outfielder and just cost the RedSox 4 runs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

That't what they deserve for not playing JBJ.  Is DHing Sam Travis really that much of a offensive upgrade to downgrade the OF defense by that much?

47 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

He was having difficulty concentrating...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

He was having difficulty concentrating...

LMAO

56 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

That't what they deserve for not playing JBJ.  Is DHing Sam Travis really that much of a offensive upgrade to downgrade the OF defense by that much?

Earlier in the season, I would have said maybe since Travis was decent then.  He's awful now and isn't anywhere near Steve Pearce (same role), so definitely not there.

You would think J.D. would realize at this point the only way he can be an elite hitter anymore is if he sticks to being a DH.  His back nearly derailed his season this year.  It wasn't until the last month or so where he's actually looked like the J.D. Martinez of the last couple of years at the plate.  I know Cora makes the ultimate decision to put him out there and use Travis, but obviously it's not worth it anymore.

What they really need to do is find another good OF and just give up on J.D. ever playing out there and also Bradley since he's been strictly a defense only player for several years now.  A great defender, but still...  That's another story though...

• Like 1

Wtf is going on with this Stroman POS? And what’s going on at 3B? 

Geoff Blum is sick and had to leave the booth.  This might end up being one of the most enjoyable Astros broadcasts I've watched/listened to in a while except when they've had Bagwell in the booth on occasion.  No Blum, no problem.

Could have used the Red Sox scoring a few runs...still can't figure out this FanDuel strategy!

How the hell is Kikuchi pitching like that against the Astros?

19 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

How the hell is Kikuchi pitching like that against the Astros?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Really annoying that the Astros are doing this for a second Verlander start in a row, especially since they haven't been shut down at home in quite some time.  Hopefully they eventually realize that Kikuchi is a bad pitcher.

Edit:  Well, Bregman just realized.  1-1.  Hopefully Yordan wakes up too...

My pitchers have 15k to 2 Bb in 8 innings, yet somehow my whip is 1.50.  Damn you BABIP!

Anyone using MLB TV? Wth its not working for me.  At least for the Dodgers game.

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Anyone using MLB TV? Wth its not working for me.  At least for the Dodgers game.

It is on the MLB network for me

Unbelievable.. I get into the playoffs and first round have a team with Trout, Springer, and Javier Baez barely any ABs from them this week.  This year of fantasy has been unreal.

Another league this clown pitches Drew Smyly against me in 2 leagues.  He pitches 2 great games and gets 2 wins..amazing