j3rkthenurk

Anfernee Simons 2019-2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Sure if you have someone worse than him? Most wouldn't 

I'm betting he does. He does.

Do you think he would maintain the same role and stats once Rodney Good comes back? I'm really tempted to drop Gary Harris very soon... (though he had a nice game a while ago).

33 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Do you think he would maintain the same role and stats once Rodney Good comes back? I'm really tempted to drop Gary Harris very soon... (though he had a nice game a while ago).

The franchise is obsessed with him, it's November i'd definitely gamble on Simons over Gary. Oppertunity could be crazy if they shut it down or blow it up, and even if they are competing. Upside is way higher.

A few of you vouched hard for him during the offseason. I'm definitely intrigued. His stat-set isn't that sexy yet - good points and 3's but inconsistent everywhere else. His steals on a per minute basis have upside as well.

There is no denying his talent, but I do worry about how the rotation looks once Hood is back. He'll be battling for back up SG min and SF min with two other guys. I do think they have to play more small ball though with all their injuries and lack of depth in the frontcourt.. his minutes are starting to reach the steady mid 20 min mark. If the steals were consistent and he upped the assists and percentages a bit he'd be very very nice/rank friendly. 

His FGA is also above double digits 4 games in a row. 

I have to imagine Stotts will vie for a young player with upside over an injured/aged Hood, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

A few of you vouched hard for him during the offseason.

Sure did.

Guy is ridiculously good. Got him in all my dynasty leagues. Love him

Just now, j3rkthenurk said:

Sure did.

Guy is ridiculously good. Got him in all my dynasty leagues. Love him

I took a flier over Fournier at the end of my bench. Fournier is a really stable end of the bench guy, but I care about upside. Upside wins leagues, I like risk reward moves. Say you don't take Devonte because you held on to Derrick White, imagine how that would look right now and how pissed you would be you didn't make the move. 

The way he plays he seems like an instant offense type that can just come in and light it up even in 20 - 25, very skilled offensively.

I hope he gets SF elig, who's been sliding over, him or McCollum? I haven't been keeping track of Portland this year after Collins went down.

The night he got hot he only played 24 mins with CJ being not at his best and Hood injured. I'm very high on this kid for dynasty leagues, but redraft only if the Blazers miss on the playoffs i think he can offer value for 12 or 14 team leagues. 25-26 mins are not enough for this statistical output and the %s have to go down a bit.

Edited by RipCity0

Just now, RipCity0 said:

The night he got hot he only played 24 mins with CJ being not at his best and Hood injured. I'm very high on this kid for dynasty leagues, but redraft only if the Blazers miss on the playoffs i think he can offer value for 12 or 14 team leagues.

I’m keeping tabs on twitter and it’s just flooded with Portland fans pining for this kid, and Lillard is talking him up post game.

I’ve also done some additional research about his draft time, olshey said he’s the most gifted player he’s ever drafted, that’s high praise considering he drafted dame and cj.

what we know is that Hood, Bazemore, and Hezonja in that rotation between SF and PF are not the answer in terms of long term talent. Baze’s minutes have also been up and down and he’s been ceding minutes to Anfernee.

its arguable whether they can sustain a playoff position if they keep him off the court, they don’t have enough scoring because they’ve lost some key pieces to injury.

They could and should revert to being more of a pace and shooting small ball team, and that’s what we’ve been seeing. 

I hate deep rotations as much as anyone else, but you take a chance incase the talent justifiably wins out, because finding upside on the wire at this point is getting rarer, and as has been mentioned many times you can replace your end of the bench guys with anyone, but imagine if you just snagged a Lou will type statistically speaking for next to nothing, that’s worth much more than most teams last roster/streaming spot.

Picked him up as a streamer for the favorable matchup vs SAC on tues. Hopefully Hoods not good to go and we can have another glance at what he can do with some minutes

Per 36 starting to come around:

21 / 3.4 / 2 / 1.4 / .4, 50% FG, 78% FT, and 3 3's per game

This guy is legit. Been eyeing him since the last POR game of last season when he poured 37. He reminds me of Devin Booker, with greater percentages. He'll definitely score, even when not given starters minutes. His shot is so pure. There really is upside on his steals and other stats since he's only 20. Drafted straight out of high school, Blazers really love this kid. I'm thinking they swing for a trade somehow mid-season to give this kid playing time. Or maybe next season, and let CJ walk. He has all the tools: high vertical, pure stroke, decent passing, can create his own shot. Nice pick by the Blazers at #24. He's just not that built yet, so I don't know if they'll bench him if he gets abused by the physical Westbrooks of the league. But the future is bright. Picked him up 1 game before his last game, and I'm not looking back. All Aboard!

6 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

This guy is legit. Been eyeing him since the last POR game of last season when he poured 37. He reminds me of Devin Booker, with greater percentages. He'll definitely score, even when not given starters minutes. His shot is so pure. There really is upside on his steals and other stats since he's only 20. Drafted straight out of high school, Blazers really love this kid. I'm thinking they swing for a trade somehow mid-season to give this kid playing time. Or maybe next season, and let CJ walk. He has all the tools: high vertical, pure stroke, decent passing, can create his own shot. Nice pick by the Blazers at #24. He's just not that built yet, so I don't know if they'll bench him if he gets abused by the physical Westbrooks of the league. But the future is bright. Picked him up 1 game before his last game, and I'm not looking back. All Aboard!

They can't let CJ walk because he just signed a massive extension that ends in 2023-2024. I hope they do a trade for KLove though, and send CJ to the Cavs or to another team. Would help Simons immensely and I think that makes the Blazers are much better team.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, checkspire said:

What did Lillard say?

Ask him one more time, maybe he didn't hear you

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As far as I'm concerned I'm talking dynasty so you can stay away with your negativity. 

This game hasn't changed the scouting report. Dude is a gem. For those in a dynasty league maybe one or two bad games can create an opportunity to acquire him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, checkspire said:

As far as I'm concerned I'm talking dynasty so you can stay away with your negativity. 

This game hasn't changed the scouting report. Dude is a gem. For those in a dynasty league maybe one or two bad games can create an opportunity to acquire him.

Not in my league. A guy just flipped JJJ for him + a pick. 😮

On 11/11/2019 at 8:03 AM, Lockdown said:

This guy is legit. Been eyeing him since the last POR game of last season when he poured 37. He reminds me of Devin Booker, with greater percentages. 

Booker is currently shooting .542/.510/.933 so i don't see how that's even possible lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lillard will only be out for one game as it seems, right? Would love to see the kid get more playing time...

On 11/13/2019 at 9:53 AM, Purple Hippo said:

Booker is currently shooting .542/.510/.933 so i don't see how that's even possible lol. 

Well tbf the kids like 19 or 20, hes gonna be a good one later lol

Could be a run situation for this guy. Blazers just lost again, to Cleveland. Shut down risk for Lillard is now very real, Blazers must be seriously considering blowing it up. Unless they trade Simons for a piece I can't see them making playoffs, which I don't think they are willing to do.