Sign in to follow this  
Cdub2k

John Ross III 2019 Outlook

This guy almost single handedly ruined many survival pools today going 7 catches, 158 yards, 2 TDs (all on my bench). 

Nevertheless, Ross has always been Uber talented (Top 10 pick in the 2017 Draft). Could this be the beginning of a Year 3 breakout?

About time this kid showed up to play.

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

WR1.

I didn't watch the game. Did Ross really look like a WR1 today or were you being sarcastic. I saw Tyler Boyd had a field day too. Both guys had double digit targets. 

1 minute ago, Cdub2k said:

I didn't watch the game. Did Ross really look like a WR1 today or were you being sarcastic. I saw Tyler Boyd had a field day too. Both guys had double digit targets. 

he had like 11 targets so def have lots of value

4 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Semi-serious.

I have never not liked what I’ve seen out of Ross when he has played. I think he has WR1 potential in him. Dalton supported two excellent WRs last year so as long as Green is out and Ross is healthy he should have value. Health is a question though, obviously.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

His second touchdown was flat out poor coverage by the safety, it 100% should have been an interception. His second or third catch he also slid like a QB to avoid a tackle, which was kind of weird to see.

That said, he was targeted often in the game, the coaching staff looked like they were intentionally trying to get him the ball as a playmaker, and there were quite a few plays were his speed seemed to give him 5-yard pockets of empty space to catch. If they continue to use him this way I do believe he could be a legitimate WR2, but right now I'd say he's a WR3 with upside.

Edited by vercrazy

This guy has almost as many yards in 1 game as he did all of last season. I'm going to pump the breaks on this one just a bit. Boyd is still the guy to own imo.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, n4sa said:

This guy has almost as many yards in 1 game as he did all of last season. I'm going to pump the breaks on this one just a bit. Boyd is still the guy to own imo.

Boyd had 11 targets to John Ross III getting 12, so they both were featured.

All he does is catch TD’s.

He will have value while AJG is out. Nice deep threat, but there will be weeks where he doesn't score a TD and puts up disappointing fantasy numbers.

He possibly usurped Boyd as their # 1 while Green is out, and I'm a big Boyd fan. Looked fantastic today.

• Haha 2

Bengals appear to be a pass fiendly team now. So I believe Ross will continue to eat even when AJ returns. which appears to be soon I seen him standing on the sideline wouldnt shock me if he's back by week 3 week 4 at latest

47 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

He possibly usurped Boyd as their # 1 while Green is out, and I'm a big Boyd fan. Looked fantastic today.

This is a huge overreaction lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n4sa said:

This is a huge overreaction lol.

I said "possibly" so I don't think it is. He has the talent and draft pedigree, plus he looked outstanding today.

If you watched the game, Boyd disappeared in the second half. It was quite annoying 'cause I started him in quite a few DFS lineups.

6 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I said "possibly" so I don't think it is. He has the talent and draft pedigree, plus he looked outstanding today.

If you watched the game, Boyd disappeared in the second half. It was quite annoying 'cause I started him in quite a few DFS lineups.

He had the most receptions on the team and was Dalton's primary look. I can't deny Ross' talent but this game was definitely an outlier. He will need to continue playing at a high level before I consider him their #1 behind Green. Boyd has already shown us what he is. I'm not so sure about Ross.

Edited by n4sa

Anyone who gets 12 targets is a must-start unless your roster is absolutely loaded.

And remember, this is the fastest player in league HISTORY we're talking about.

Lots of analysts are going to call this a fluke...it isn't.

Edited by joshua18
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vercrazy said:

His second touchdown was flat out poor coverage by the safety, it 100% should have been an interception. His second or third catch he also slid like a QB to avoid a tackle, which was kind of weird to see.

A few plays before he dropped a sure TD during a shallow crossing route, while 2 Seattle defenders collided into each other.

Glad I held onto this guy in dynasty from last season. Seems like he's finally putting all the pieces together.

WR1? Has one good game in his career and he’s now the #1? Ross had a helluva game but let’s not overreact. Mixon got hurt and the Bengals couldn’t run the ball all game, plus I’m pretty sure Andy Dalton won’t be setting career highs in completions and yards every week. The targets, yards, everything were nice but this game is a true outlier. The talent is there but until he can do it a couple more times, bench or risky flex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just curious, are those that are readily wanting to discount the fact that he got 12 targets Boyd owners?  These are numbers you can't ignore

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Just curious, are those that are readily wanting to discount the fact that he got 12 targets Boyd owners?  These are numbers you can't ignore

"Just curious" about something that literally 0 people in this thread have done?

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

"Just curious" about something that literally 0 people in this thread have done?

There's plenty of people here who don't want to believe that he's the team's #1 with AJG out.  He's already on his way.  They didn't spend a top 10 pick on him 2 years ago if they didn't want him to be 'the guy' opposite of AJG.  This will be the year he puts it together and it showed today.

Lol I love the knee jerk reaction in week one.This guy had a 36% catch rate last season. Think about that.

Edited by n4sa