Sign in to follow this  
Cdub2k

John Ross III 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

benching this week, Bills pass D is legit

Yet Crowder went 14/99/0 and Giants had no receivers outside of Engram playing. Start Ross with confidence.

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

They MAY be legit. They also played against a QB that had mono (and Crowder still managed to get 14 catches) and they played against Eli (who was just benched for a rookie) and gave up 250 yards passing to WRs named Bennie Fowler, TJ jones,the Codys (Latimore and Core). 

Not sure we have enough info to consider the BIlls defense a team we have to avoid for our WRs.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, kmoore1521 said:

On 9/19/2019 at 12:24 PM, kmoore1521 said:

Also taking the under on him scoring a TD, might be wrong, but benching nonetheless 

On 9/19/2019 at 12:21 PM, wideopen21 said:

They MAY be legit. They also played against a QB that had mono (and Crowder still managed to get 14 catches) and they played against Eli (who was just benched for a rookie) and gave up 250 yards passing to WRs named Bennie Fowler, TJ jones,the Codys (Latimore and Core). 

Not sure we have enough info to consider the BIlls defense a team we have to avoid for our WRs.

😎

Edit: Prob starting him this week tho lol just hated the matchup and was easy to see him under performing this week IMO

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, kmoore1521 said:

😎

Edit: Prob starting him this week tho lol just hated the matchup and was easy to see him under performing this week IMO

I gotta hand it to you, you made the call.

• Thanks 1

So, is he in the doghouse for his fumble? It looks like he was being punished since Auden Tate saw a ton of targets.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

So, is he in the doghouse for his fumble? It looks like he was being punished since Auden Tate saw a ton of targets.

I dumped him already (non PPR)

He had a great first game.  Second game had a garbage time 66 yard TD with less than a minute left.

I don’t have a need for him in the next 4+ weeks and by then AJ Green will be back.  With Boyd and now Tate in the picture I just can’t rely on him as a starter or even a bye week fill in when they have Green and Boyd plus Tate

Edited by Smoketheclay
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Smoketheclay said:

I dumped him already.

He had a great first game.  Second game had a garbage time 66 yard TD with less than a minute left.

I don’t have a need for him in the next 4+ weeks and by then AJ Green will be back.  With Boyd and now Tate in the picture I just can’t rely on him as a starter or even a bye week fill in when they have Green and Boyd plus Tate

Interesting. I really had no clue about Auden Tate until they literally started passing to him this week. 2nd year player, 7th round pick. I could see the lack of targets for Ross after the fumble being a temporary disciplinary thing, or could just be a combination of the Bengals wanting to see what they've got in Tate / Ross being boom-or-bust receiver. He had 12 targets in week 1, but he also only had 8 targets in Week 2 despite a neutral/negative game script (I believe the Bengals were losing the whole game but didnt go down big until later on). The 12 targets seem like the anomaly , so maybe 6-8 is where he will lie before AJ Green comes back.

I think the tough decision here is whether he has more ROS upside than guys on the wire that you might be able to replace him with who won't be available after waivers clear this week. It's crazy how one game can change the theory on a guy though. Just a few weeks ago he was the 'Brandin Cooks' of Zac Taylor's offense. We know Ross can be a boom-or-bust guy, and I dont think many of us really believed he'd get 10-12 targets a week, even with Green out. But is he worth rostering over guys like Chark or Curtis Samuel who might be out there on wire? It's a decision most of us have to decide before this weeks games start.

26 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Doubtful. Ross played 100% of snaps. Next closest WR was Boyd at 90%, Tate 88%. I think at the end of the game the Bills were giving the short passes to Tate rather than a long bomb to Ross. Im most likely starting Ross over Josh Gordon (vs Bills) next week.

I think Green coming back will actually help Ross get open more consistent, although he will have a lower ceiling. Holding. 

Overblown. He's a big play WR so naturally he'll have games like this past Sunday. It was a tough defense that had the Bengals in check for nearly the entire game.  If anything, I'd say it's encouraging the only game the Bengals ran an effective offense is when they featured Ross. And I wouldn't dispel the 49ers performance. A lot of his value comes from those type of plays. 

I'd hold until after Monday night. Average defense on a Monday night divisional game. This will be the real test. If he can't outperform Metcalf against the Steelers, the droppable tag is fair. 

And BTW you were never going to trade him. He's not that type of asset. Will never understand the sell high chant for a WW add.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 6:40 AM, MKO3090 said:

Overblown. He's a big play WR so naturally he'll have games like this past Sunday. It was a tough defense that had the Bengals in check for nearly the entire game.  If anything, I'd say it's encouraging the only game the Bengals ran an effective offense is when they featured Ross. And I wouldn't dispel the 49ers performance. A lot of his value comes from those type of plays. 

I'd hold until after Monday night. Average defense on a Monday night divisional game. This will be the real test. If he can't outperform Metcalf against the Steelers, the droppable tag is fair. 

And BTW you were never going to trade him. He's not that type of asset. Will never understand the sell high chant for a WW add.

Agree with everything youve said. Last point especially. No one wants Ross at this stage, you just have to hold/ride til the wheels fall off. Last week he received 100% of snaps to Boyds 90%. Need another data point or two to decide whether or not this breakout is for real.

On 9/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, n4sa said:

He's a JAG.

He sucks

Edited by n4sa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ted Ginn can still be productive with enough targets. Ross is a volatile WR3 as long as AJG is out.

16 minutes ago, n4sa said:

He sucks

He had 7 catches for 158 yards and 2 TDs that game. Pretty dumb video. You could make Mahomes look like trash with a cut up of only his incompletions.

Edited by MJJ28

10 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

He had 7 catches for 158 yards and 2 TDs that game. Pretty dumb video. You could make Mahomes look like trash with a cut up of only his incompletions.

The point of the video is to highlight that John Ross isn't an elite breakout WR and he has missed multiple easy catches in the first 3 games this season. Ted Ginn Jr. is the perfect comparison.

Edited by n4sa

5 minutes ago, n4sa said:

The point of the video is to highlight that John Ross isn't an elite breakout WR and he has missed multiple easy catches in the first 3 games this season. Ted Ginn Jr. is the perfect comparison.

Seems like the point was just to hate for no real reason. Ted Ginn is/was an above average/good NFL player so I’m not really sure what your point is here. I don’t think anyone thinks Ross is an elite breakout so seems like you are just arguing against the wind.

Edited by MJJ28

I don’t think Ross sucks.  But because AJ is coming back soon I dropped him.  With AJ gone next year and another season under his belt Ross may be a 1100 yard 8 TD guy next season