Idoolittle

Gardner Minshew II 2019 Outlook

With Foles going down and likely going on the IR, it looks like Minshew will likely get the start heading into week 2. But are we expecting for Jacksonville to shop for a veteran QB to play ahead of him or play as his backup?

He did great being thrown into the fire yesterday. Jags are happy with him and I would be surprised if a veteran took over unless he starts to tank.

25 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

With Foles going down and likely going on the IR, it looks like Minshew will likely get the start heading into week 2. But are we expecting for Jacksonville to shop for a veteran QB to play ahead of him or play as his backup?

They won five last year and just lost their starting QB.  It's also one of the least ambitious clubs in all of the Big Four sports.  I'd expect them to just full-on tank before they try to bring in help.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

The guy looked great yesterday. I'm not understanding the idea of them going and looking for a veteran

For real, he looked like a seasoned vet out there

Read where JAX just traded PIT a 2020 5th Rd pick for QB Josh Dobbs. I would think Minshew will be the starter for now though. Didn't look too bad to be honest.

• Like 1

Well this thread is over before it begins. 

Should it be retitled Joshua Dobbs 2019 Outlook? 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

Well this thread is over before it begins. 

Should it be retitled Joshua Dobbs 2019 Outlook? 

Dobbs is not going to start. Why would they bench him after his performance yesterday? They need someone in case he gets injured - they only had Foles and Minshew on the team prior to yesterday's game.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Speaking as a Coug, this dude has a legitimate chance to take the starting job in Jacksonville 

All things considered, I thought he looked the part, especially the poise.

Ironically I always felt he was slept on in the draft much like Foles was.

57 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Read where JAX just traded PIT a 2020 5th Rd pick for QB Josh Dobbs. I would think Minshew will be the starter for now though. Didn't look too bad to be honest.

Okay, liking the clarity more on this situation. Looks like it's Minshew's job to lose, though I'm sure if he struggles in the next game or two they'll probably give Dobbs a look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Idoolittle said:

Okay, liking the clarity more on this situation. Looks like it's Minshew's job to lose, though I'm sure if he struggles in the next game or two they'll probably give Dobbs a look.

Horrible coaching 101, so fully expecting that to happen

Who the F is Dobbs and why did they trade a 5th round pick for him? Couldn't they get some bum off the street for free.

3 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Who the F is Dobbs and why did they trade a 5th round pick for him? Couldn't they get some bum off the street for free.

He's a 24 year old QB that was drafted in the 4th round in 2017. Whoever Jacksonville would have drafted with that 5th likely holds just as much value of Dobbs does. So makes sense to get someone who's still fairly young and fills the void at QB.

Edited by Idoolittle

Gradner Mustashew will be da truth!  

I am putting 60% bid in for him in my super flex league. 

And I will not regret it. 

“The best investments have been the ones I have overpaid for initially.” 

32 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I'm firing up the Texans DST everywhere.

on a short week after that donnybrook last night?

yeah, no thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Who in dafuq is Josh Dobbs? Oh well.... guess it doesn’t hurt to have a backup for Minshew. 

Agorn, O'Rourke, Parmenter, Hoffenmueller, Duffy were already signed elsewhere - Dobbsy gonna be tootin' that backup bugle quite nicely 📯

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

I don't know man, it doesn't seem like his coach is all that confident...

“I feel better about him [Minshew] now, today, after Week 1, than I did probably during the preseason,” Marrone said. “I think that’s fair to say. I think the work during the preseason was able to get him ready for things like this. I don’t know — I’m hoping that’s the case.

Source

I spent a huge % of my FAAB on Minshew (14 tm superflex)...I could not be more impressed with his throws in WK1, there are some weapons for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I spent a huge % of my FAAB on Minshew (14 tm superflex)...I could not be more impressed with his throws in WK1, there are some weapons for him.

I did the same, same format. Now I just have to decide whether I start him @ HOU, or Darnold vs. CLE. Leaning Minshew.