Idoolittle

Gardner Minshew II 2019 Outlook

Listen to Pardon my Take on Minshew, about 30 mins in is his interview

dude said hes blessed below the waist, above the knee and sometimes below the knee too

Image result for im in.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chippa said:

media has to read it's audience. They know the barstool crowd loves that guy, so they fluff him up

5 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

dude said hes blessed below the waist, above the knee and sometimes below the knee too

See what I'm saying?

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

It's not fluff. Minshew's story is unbelievable. This guy is a throwback football player with a big time underdog story. Minshew is the type of guy you root for as a fan. Whether you are a Jags fan or not. The audience can easily relate to him. He sounds, acts and plays like a regular blue collar guy. As a person who worked my butt off as a former walk-on in another sport and going to multiple schools, I can relate. Unfortunately, I never got close. People want to root for Antonio Brown. People should root for Gardner Minshew II.

Rooting for the guy is fine, but they're already crowning him. And the focus seems to be more on superficial junk like how he looks and dresses, rather than where he came from. The latter seems to be added on as something secondary to his "style."

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

Rooting for the guy is fine, but they're already crowning him. And the focus seems to be more on superficial junk like how he looks and dresses, rather than where he came from. The latter seems to be added on as something secondary to his "style."

why so salty about him getting some air time? its a business and the entertaining players will obviously get more coverage, nobodys crowning anyone but what else are they gonna talk about in a Jags-Ten matchup? how Foles doesnt say or do anything interesting? Foles def didnt get the respect he deserved back in the day as being a competent QB but Minshew is a character with an interesting backstory, any business person would know to make him the big topic $$$$$ 

interested to see how his season progresses, looks like he could be serviceable for the Jags

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

why so salty about him getting some air time? its a business and the entertaining players will obviously get more coverage, nobodys crowning anyone but what else are they gonna talk about in a Jags-Ten matchup? how Foles doesnt say or do anything interesting? Foles def didnt get the respect he deserved back in the day as being a competent QB but Minshew is a character with an interesting backstory, any business person would know to make him the big topic $$$$$ 

interested to see how his season progresses, looks like he could be serviceable for the Jags

I'm not "so salty," I just find it odd how the media denies the spotlight to some guys and puts it on others for things seemingly unrelated to football. All that attention can actually be  a disservice to a guy who's just trying to find his way in the league. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread, it was just a thought on my mind this morning. 

Guy has 19 points, 9 points and  18 points in his 3 games as a rookie in my league.    The QB i drafted and bought the hype on has -2 and 11 so far LOL.... I had to grab him.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Foles shall now be known as lil dick nick

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I don't think you understand. That's exactly why it's fun. How many other quarterbacks have hilarious photos of them from Halloween in college shown on national television and lean into that rather than away? Basically zero. He blew up in Pullman because of that mustache/style. It helped that he was winning games, but outside of that he was very easy to root for. People were regularly wearing fake mustaches to games.

spacer.png

The dude just exudes the fun of college football in an NFL environment where everything screams "business" in bold letters. And like you mentioned, it also helps he was basically a college journeyman QB. The mustache and memes reel you in, and then you learn about the hard work he's put in, and you can't not root for him. I really think Jacksonville was the perfect place for him.

I knew that in the small chance (well, fat chance with Nick Foles starting) he got a chance to be in the spotlight at some point during the season, people would fully embrace him.

Edited by street sharks

Did anyone see that story about him trying to get a medical redshirt in college by intentionally breaking his hand? Like someone mentioned, he's really easy to like. I hope he plays well. He seems to have the head for it

Absolutely shocked at how accurate this dude is. And the way he looks off guarded receivers is unreal. We may have a new Star on our hands from the 6th round again. Just goes to show that those scouts screw up quite often.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 1

What are the chances of him play the Full season?,Kid looks awesome but Foles have a big contract,Will they bench him for the sixth round super star?,its my only concern,I bought It,Im willing to drop Mariota and have Rudolph and Minshew as my QBs after losing Big Ben,Crazy NFL...

I think it depends on if he has the hot hand.  If he's being a natural born leader out there, and doing it consistently, and winning, moving that offense each game, I can't see Coughlin not backing him.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Is that the grand dad on the left that wanted to name him Beowulf? Eff yeah

Twitter phenom appears legit👍. He throws a good deep ball, and I could see 275/2 on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Resident A-hole said:

I don't think I've even seen a rookie QB who was not highly drafted look this good. He has a chance to be the best QB from the 2019 class.

I swear I said this in some thread like bold predictions or something but can't find it, wanted the Broncos to get him

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Twitter phenom appears legit👍. He throws a good deep ball, and I could see 275/2 on a weekly basis.

That's what I see him as.  A QB that can provide you a steady baseline that you can start in leagues where your opponents teams are weak and the rest of your lineup is strong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarielJr said:

What are the chances of him play the Full season?,Kid looks awesome but Foles have a big contract,Will they bench him for the sixth round super star?,its my only concern,I bought It,Im willing to drop Mariota and have Rudolph and Minshew as my QBs after losing Big Ben,Crazy NFL...

Right now I'd say it's still Foles' team. However, Minshew can take the spot away from Foles with him even playing a single snap. If Minshew is rolling and the team is winning, then they can't really hand the reigns back over to Foles. But if he's just okay, the team just does alright, and he hasn't really done anything to claim the starting QB role, then I think they've got to go back to Foles.

Hype's getting outta' hand

Wife's trying to grow a mustache

Edited by wendellrott
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Hype's getting outta' hand

Wife's trying to grow a mustache

Trying? She had one the entire time. The hype made her realized it’s ok to finally sport it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2