mjb03003

A.J. Brown 2019 Outlook

Titans' WR snap rates:

Corey Davis - 74% Week 1, 83% Week 2

Adam Humphries - 36% Week 1, 57% Week 2

Tajae Sharpe - 49% Week 1, 53% Week 2

AJ Brown - 43% Week 1, 45% Week 2

• Thanks 1

arguably the most talented/beastly of this whole bumper rookie crop - but leather helmet era offense + Mariota = 😤

• Like 1

As he gets fully up to speed (he missed a ton of reps in camp and preseason with a hammy), you have to think he has what it takes to be the #1 this team needs.

In 14+ team leagues I'd hold tight and see how this plays out.

• Like 2

Still has a place on my roster in a 12 team, but that may change when I see who clears waivers

Targeted 5 times in this Thursdays game but only one catch.  He has done nothing since Week 1.

He is a bench stash for keeper leagues at this point.   IMO

I dropped him him from my bench after the game. Not worth the roster spot in redraft.

Edited by altmin

10 minutes ago, altmin said:

I dropped him him from my bench after the game. Not worth the roster spot in redraft.

Yup. He's just a dynasty hold at this point on the hope that the Titans have a new QB, and maybe a new coach next season. 

12 minutes ago, altmin said:

Mariota ended up with over 300 yards passing but the Titans seem to spread the ball around to different receivers too much and there doesn't seem to be a true #1 wr.  A couple weeks ago it was Brown leading the team in receiving, last week it was someone else and this week it was Adam Humphries.  

• Like 1

I dropped him for the Darwin lottery pick but I am hopeful AJB becomes playable come bye weeks and/or when Tannehill takes over

15 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Only if  Tennessee had a decent QB...

Fixed that for you.

Unfortunately for Tennessee they only seem to have Tannehill on the depth chart, who barely qualifies as "decent QB" (although in 2014 he ended as QB8). I think it's time for them to start tanking and get a fresh QB (or 2) in the 2020 draft.

Actually I think Tannehill would help AJ Brown. Mariota has never been able to produce a fantasy-relevant WR with any consistency. Tannehill peppered Jarvis Landry with targets and made him a PPR WR1.

AJ Brown is very similar to Landry. Not as twitchy but even more physical. Like Landry he is lethal after the catch, strong hands in traffic and an advanced route runner in the short and intermediate passing game.

Edited by frog34

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Fixed that for you.

Unfortunately for Tennessee they only seem to have Tannehill on the depth chart, who barely qualifies as "decent QB" (although in 2014 he ended as QB8). I think it's time for them to start tanking and get a fresh QB (or 2) in the 2020 draft.

I agree. Titans should go in full tank mode this year. They have a stacked roster with nothing to show for beacause of Mariota.

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

Actually I think Tannehill would help AJ Brown. Mariota has never been able to produce a fantasy-relevant WR with any consistency. Tannehill peppered Jarvis Landry with targets and made him a PPR WR1.

AJ Brown is very similar to Landry. Not as twitchy but even more physical. Like Landry he is lethal after the catch, strong hands in traffic and an advanced route runner in the short and intermediate passing game.

I make your words mine,I have no doubt about A.J being the best WR in the team and having so much chances to be a great player,but he wont be with a QB like Mariota,that cant even throw bubble screens

“The familiar part appeared under the column for touchdown passes,” writes Sando. “Mariota had zero (vs. Jaguars on Thursday) for the 22nd time in 58 starts since entering the NFL in 2015. That’s seven more than any other quarterback over those four-plus seasons. It’s the most for any quarterback in his first 58 starts over the past 20 seasons. Mariota has 19 starts without a passing or rushing score, six more than any quarterback since he entered the league. The recently benched Eli Manning is next.”

How you go that many games without a TD? It’s actually impressive....
Edited by cashvillesent
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

“The familiar part appeared under the column for touchdown passes,” writes Sando. “Mariota had zero (vs. Jaguars on Thursday) for the 22nd time in 58 starts since entering the NFL in 2015. That’s seven more than any other quarterback over those four-plus seasons. It’s the most for any quarterback in his first 58 starts over the past 20 seasons. Mariota has 19 starts without a passing or rushing score, six more than any quarterback since he entered the league. The recently benched Eli Manning is next.”

ESPECIALLY in today's NFL. Mariota is a damn pox on his WRs and I can not wait until he's gone. 

14 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

have You ever seen how he throws the ball? I mean the body mechanics...he is just a terrible thrower from feet to head..pants full of s--- after every snap also dont help..and the coaching staff is just meh...I dont know how it's possible he is still a starter

This guy might have talent, but until Mariota gets the boot, it will be hard to ever trust him.  Only pass catcher on this team that is startable is Delanie Walker.

It wouldn’t be far fetched to call the Titans Super Bowl contenders if that had some bozo like Kyle Allen at QB instead of Mariota.  He’s about as bad a Kaepernick.  A.J. Brown is dynasty gold but it may be fool’s gold if they don’t turn to Tannehill.

• Like 1

what a game, [...]

i wonder what he could do if he got more targets..

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

5 minutes ago, gulandmann said:

what a game, [...]

i wonder what he could do if he got more targets..

Monster game wow!

I'll have to dig for the exact snap counts but he was only on the field like half as much as Sharpe--which is crazy.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:07 AM, LuckyLukas said:

have You ever seen how he throws the ball? I mean the body mechanics...he is just a terrible thrower from feet to head..pants full of s--- after every snap also dont help..and the coaching staff is just meh...I dont know how it's possible he is still a starter

Ive seen it alot. The guy has no zip in his ball... it seems like the ball always floats...