mjb03003

A.J. Brown 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

This guy is for real, but he is hobbled by bad QB play and lack of targets.     Keeper hold and weekly streamer.  ROS

Edited by Sivaro

You want to bet on talent? Go for it. But his team doesn't throw, and they don't throw to him. Gonna be borderline impossible for him to repeat Week 4 at any point this season unless that changes. They're playing the Bills this week, then heading to Denver. My guess? Even if you add him, you'll be throwing him back to the wire in a couple weeks anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So the hive mind saying this guy doesn't get any targets right?

But he leads the team in receiving. Last week drew shadow coverage from Trufant.

Doesn't leading a team in receiving on 10 targets send a pretty clear signal that you need more targets?

Very intrigued by this guy. If the Titans can smarten up and play him 75% of snaps he may be able to produce low end WR2 numbers. Maybe even more. 

Im now trying to find out why his snap count/share hasnt moved higher. Not finding anything other than he missed a few weeks of training camp. Increased role HAS to be coming soon, no?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

So the hive mind saying this guy doesn't get any targets right?

I don't think you know what that phrase means. Math is what is "saying this guy doesn't get any targets". He has 17 in 4 games.

Edited by miasma16

Atlanta's scheme revealed that they consider AJ Brown to be Tennessee's best WR, yet he only ran 13 routes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"second-round pick A.J. Brown played 65% of offensive snaps, his first time over 50% this season"

As AJ Brown continues to learn the offense and gain snap count/share, he may move into FLEX territory in 14+ teamers after next weeks matchup with Denver. The talent is clearly there for Brown.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, altmin said:

worth a waiver claim with the QB change?

Don’t think so. He’s a rookie playing a limited complement of snaps for a QB who has never supported two options. He’s not the #1, so i wouldn’t waste my time.

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Don’t think so. He’s a rookie playing a limited complement of snaps for a QB who has never supported two options. He’s not the #1, so i wouldn’t waste my time.

I'm inclined to agree. If you have a spare roster spot it would be worth a try I think though. I do not.

15 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

He just got 65% of snaps last week.

He'll be the no. 1 if not this week then the next.

Edited by pushaZ

Just now, pushaZ said:

He'll be the no. 1 if not this week than the next.

Doubtful. The Titans organization loves Davis and definitely does not perceive him the way fantasy players do.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

He'll be the no. 1 if not this week then the next.

Tannehill peppered Adam Humphries with targets upon entering the game v. Denver.  Just like he used to do with Jarvis Landry.

I want to love AJ Brown but his situation really stinks right now.

Anyone think the change to Tannehill could help this player?  Tannehill is no Y.A. Tittle, but he might be a marginal improvement over Mariota.

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Anyone think the change to Tannehill could help this player?  Tannehill is no Jersey Joe Pisarcik, but he might be a marginal improvement over Mariota.

fixed to more accurately reflect the rung Tennyhillz is on 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fixed to more accurately reflect the rung Tennyhillz is on 🤷‍♂️

Mupp you are truly the imp of the RW fantasy football forums.  Guess it is a "wait and see" week.  Noted.

• Haha 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Mupp you are truly the imp of the RW fantasy football forums.  Guess it is a "wait and see" week.  Noted.

🤠

fwiw, i love this kid Brown, moreso than DK - haven't seen DK truck it to the house with the remarkable YAC chops of AJ yet - any uptick to this passing game has to favor this wunderbeast. 

• Thanks 1

AJ Brown is a BUY. 9 looks (targets + carries) is a season high. Snap count looks to still be in the 50-65% range though. Great ROS schedule for a player with great YAC ability. BUY and HOLD.

Was a good bye week fill in for me. THink I will hold on to him and see what happens.

Solid for sure. QB, snap count, and other “weapons” are still big issues. This is probably the best Tannehill has looked in years. It’s hard not to see him regressing based on his history. I really like AJ as a player and hope QB play doesn’t hold him back long-term.