Sign in to follow this  
chris2333

Jones or Hock? WHIR!!!

12 Team, PPR, 1 QB starter, 2 flex spots, I have waiver priority #1 and I can take either Ronald Jones or T.J. Hockenson.  I know that I am pretty thin at RB however, the teams above me are very thin at TE and I can flex in Hockenson at 2nd flex and he may end up with more points then Jackson or either Jones if I pick him up.  I am dropping Renfrow, who do I pick up?????

QB- Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady

RB- Leonard Fournette, Melvin Gordon, Miles Sanders, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels

WR- Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Robert Woods, A.J. Green, Hunter Renfrow, Golden Tate

TE- Hunter Henry

D- Patriots

K- Ka'Imi Fairbairn

You definitely need to bolster that RB depth, though I'm lower on RoJo (well, TBs running game as whole) than many. You have a lot of quality pieces at WR that it may be more beneficial to look to trade for a RB better than Jones. In a vacuum I'd rather have Hock than Jones, so he is my pick.

I would test the waters with Robert Woods and AJ Green to see what type of RB you could get in return. 

5 minutes ago, bookofalamo28 said:

Hock and then see if you can trade a WR for a RB. You're stacked at WR.

I agree with this☝️

15 minutes ago, Mixmasterjeff said:

I agree with this☝️

so that's the thing, I am the only team that is stacked at WR...  the other teams for the most part aren't overpowering at RB and are asking way too much for example someone wanted Josh Jacobs for Julio Jones (before week 1).  Here are the other teams RBs, I drafted heavy WR and added Brady for trade bait.  team 6 and team 10 put up over 170 points last week, any thoughts on who to go after then..?

top 3 RB other teams

team 1-Connor, Carson, Ballage

team 2- Cook, Michel, Cohen

team 3-Barkley, Henry, Guice (hurt), no others

team 4-Freeman, Aaron Jones, Howard

team 5-Gurley, Jacobs, White

team 6- McCaffrey, Mack, D. Williams

team 7- Bell, Ingram, Lindsay

team 8-David Johnson, Chubb, K. Johnson

team 9- Kamara, Mixon, Coleman. no others

team 10- Zeke, Ekeler, Penny

team 11- Drake, Duke Johnson, Barber

Edited by chris2333

Ronald Jones is no guarantee to continue to produce at week one productivity and be ahead of Peyton Barber. I would definitely go with Hock as more of the guarantee. You will be kicking yourself after week two if you pick Jones and he puts up 3 carries and 2 yards and Peyton Barber carries 16 times for 85 yards.

I'd grab Hockenson, then include whichever TE will get you more in the trade to upgrade.

Return the favor?