pushaZ

Phillip Dorsett 2019 Outlook

So... Assuming AB is off the team..

Is this guy a sneaky week 2 add now? No. 7 WR after week 1 in half-PPR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

hes still at best the 4th look on the team.  maybe some flex/bye week value, but would be hard to start him on a weekly basis.

6 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I’m not making that assumption — the Pats did let a murderer play a full season...

There is a scenario where AB is released, Gordon fails another drug test, Edelman suffers another injury, and Gronk doesn’t un-retire. It’s interesting how fragile this stacked-on-paper offense is, Dorsett’s path to being a major part of the offense only requires four things that are individually likely to happen all at once.

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I’m not making that assumption — the Pats did let a murderer play a full season...

There is a scenario where AB is released, Gordon fails another drug test, Edelman suffers another injury, and Gronk doesn’t un-retire. It’s interesting how fragile this stacked-on-paper offense is, Dorsett’s path to being a major part of the offense only requires four things that are individually likely to happen all at once.

this would be an amazing 4 way prop bet parlay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think he’s as interesting an add as anyone right now.   But we don’t know how to you-know-who scenario will play out (not saying his name to avoid a forum suspension 😁).

• Haha 1

I own him in a deep Dynasty but honestly there are so many receivers with more prominent roles even if Brown is gone

Floor is very low

Lol you guys beat me to it.  Gosh been down this road before but tempting no doubt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

Don't forget about N'Keal Harry and Jacoby Meyers lol

I picked him up. Thin at WR and had an expendable bench player to drop for Dorset. Willing to take the 3 week wait and see approach until bye weeks begin.

3 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

Picked him up. He Who Cannot Be Named may end up on the Commissioner's Exempt List. And now Demaryius Thomas is gone too.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/11/report-nfl-to-give-serious-consideration-to-putting-antonio-brown-on-exempt-list/

Agree.  Think I may grab him too.

He's a guy that will have a wide range of outcomes for sure.

But...no telling what happens with Brown.  He could get suspended at any moment.

Edelman is injury-prone and Gordon....Well, another one that could wind up suspended at any moment.

Dorsett is a guy that could be nothing if all those guys are playing.....Or a guy that could become a pretty decent play if any of the above players are either hurt or suspended.

He's not my first choice for a pickup this week and he isn't somebody I want to play right now....but not a bad bench stash IMO.

Definitely keeping at eye on the situation with this guy given the competition before him. The aforementioned AB situation makes him especially intriguing. I believe if he gets the snaps and touches he'll be giving WR2 value long term. 

Edited by TheBoondocks

He's the best wr stash right now.  Think about who's in front of him.  Brown could be out as early as next week and so could Gordon for that matter.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

Dropped Devante Parker for this guy. I firmly believe he can carve out value with all the uncertainy surrounding other receivers 

Doesnt look good. Very crowded WR core and I dont think Brown will end up being suspended.

• Haha 1

Holding until the AB situation gets resolved. She's meeting with the NFL today. Hoping some closure to the situation will shake out of that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

PD slowly but surely gaining value.

Just picked him up off waivers. He was dropped after last week. Certainly not a bad bench add with top 36 WR ROs possible value. If Gordon were to have an unfortunate life event, even greater value for PD.

9 hours ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

PD slowly but surely gaining value.

By mid-season this could be going very well for Dorsett owners.  AB digging his own grave and we all know Gordon could go MIA at anytime. 

This could be one amazing stretch run for Dorsett. He's a stash on my bench but if either Brown or Gordon misses time....

• Like 1

I think he's got a sneaky high floor with AB gone.  Like a rich man's Sanu if you will.