pushaZ

Phillip Dorsett 2019 Outlook

Had a spot open and got him as my 5th wr.  Very worth it for the upside.

Well that escalated quickly since my first post 4 hours ago LOL. I will say that we should still be cautious to see how things play out over the next few weeks. The potential ceiling each game is huge but there could be games where he doesn't play a big part of the game script.

For me he is a wait and see and hopefully a flex play once the bye weeks start to set in. His 95 yards and 2 TDs in week one show what a big week could be. Obviously that won't be the norm but if he can get consistent targets each week and play 85%+ of the snap counts things are looking good.

• Like 1

Probably wont see consistent production but a decent bye week fill in. I'm picturing the Chris Hogan that we all wanted but never happened because of poor chemistry between him and Tom.

• Like 2

Basically if you want a piece of the patriots, this is a sneaky add

If Edelman were to get hurt, it wouldn't hurt to have a share of this guy.

(I know a lot of people would say James White, but he won't catch all those extra balls)

As a Josh Gordon owner, I just rostered Dorsett so he can't be used against me.

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Basically if you want a piece of the patriots, this is a sneaky add

24pts in half ppr week 1 isn't all that sneaky.  Having said that it is a smart move adding this guy to see what might happen ROS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robrain said:

(I know a lot of people would say James White, but he won't catch all those extra balls)

Haven't seen you around for a while.

9 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

He is basically Sanu with more upside. He maybe useful in a crunch(TD potential) and if there is an injury in front , he should give WR3 with WR2 upside

Yes, but, Brady passes A LOT more to his running backs compared to Ryan so he's a little lower on the chart than Sanu yet has a much higher upside. Every talk about something happening to Edelmann would help but I doubt it would change much since he's the slot guy. We all know the bigger boost would be a Gordon exit of some sort. Either way he'll be as volatile as any other Patriots player. 

I picked him up because:

1) Brady is his QB, hello?

2) He's already trusted (See Week 1)

3) Have you seen that Patriots schedule for WRs??? It's cake!

Edited by martinjlm
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

PD slowly but surely gaining value.

Now it's rocketing !!....LMAO

So glad I picked him up yesterday!

Ya'll could at least gimme some likes on my post yesterday for the heads up.

Edited by Pimpin'Texas
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Yes, but, Brady passes A LOT more to his running backs compared to Ryan so he's a little lower on the chart than Sanu yet has a much higher upside. Every talk about something happening to Edelmann would help but I doubt it would change much since he's the slot guy. We all know the bigger boost would be a Gordon exit of some sort. Either way he'll be as volatile as any other Patriots player. 

I picked him up because:

1) Brady is his QB, hello?

2) He's already trusted (See Week 1)

3) Have you seen that Patriots schedule for WRs??? It's cake!

Until an injury/suspension happens (I mean we are talking about AB and Josh Gordon here, suspension I feel is inevitable eventually ) , Dorset is WR4/FLEX. Definitely can’t trust him week to week but some weeks he is going to be putting 20+ easily. 

18 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Until an injury/suspension happens (I mean we are talking about AB and Josh Gordon here, suspension I feel is inevitable eventually ) , Dorset is WR4/FLEX. Definitely can’t trust him week to week but some weeks he is going to be putting 20+ easily. 

I posted this in the waiver wire thread but even if something happens to Edelman or Gordon, the Patriots still have their 1st round rookie wr N'Keal Harry and another rookie they're very high on, Jakobi Meyers to throw to.  Dorsett is decent but has flopped in the past when asked to be even a #2 wr.

47 minutes ago, Robrain said:

I'd rather have Dorsett over Gordon. Brady seems to have a fondness for him and that probably means he trusts him and that he likes his route running ability.

Gordon is a boom or bust type player. I would expect Dorsett to lead the team in TDs and be valuable in ppr.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I posted this in the waiver wire thread but even if something happens to Edelman or Gordon, the Patriots still have their 1st round rookie wr N'Keal Harry and another rookie they're very high on, Jakobi Meyers to throw to.  Dorsett is decent but has flopped in the past when asked to be even a #2 wr.

Isn't Harry on IR?

Can you remember the last rookie WR to have a fantasy relevant season with Brady and the Pats?

Yeah, me either.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Isn't Harry on IR?

Can you remember the last rookie WR to have a fantasy relevant season with Brady and the Pats?

Yeah, me either.

Pats have notoriously had no success with drafting WRs.

29 minutes ago, worldclass said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/07/very-deep-sleeper-phillip-dorsett-2019-fantasy-football/

For what it’s worth, this guy has already been way ahead on predicting DJ Chark & Darren Waller to have good years, writing these reports back in middle of summer. He’s bullish on Dorsett too prior to the whole AB thing. 

Nobody can predict the future and be correct 100% of the time ...

Edited by Pimpin'Texas
  • Like 1

Now that the circus has left town looks like Dorsett is an automatic add at this point. 

39 minutes ago, worldclass said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/07/very-deep-sleeper-phillip-dorsett-2019-fantasy-football/

For what it’s worth, this guy has already been way ahead on predicting DJ Chark & Darren Waller to have good years, writing these reports back in middle of summer. He’s bullish on Dorsett too prior to the whole AB thing. 

That trade has really blossomed into a steal for the Colts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Pats have notoriously had no success with drafting WRs.

Or getting ones recently let go by Oakland.