Sign in to follow this  
chaiway

Dynasty Trade - Kat vs Ayton & Mitchell

9 cat H2H with 10 active slots, which side would you prefer? From a strategy perspective are you better of with depth or the best player? 

Side A: KAT & Zach Collins

Side B: Ayton & Donovan Mitchell

I’ll probably go with KAT. 

• Thanks 1

Depends some on size of league and roster needs. But I want the sure fire stud...KAT.

• Thanks 1

I am going to give you some boring/awful response....it is probably a fair trade and comes down to preference on how you want to build your dynasty over many years, but I would want to see the rest of your roster.

My concern is that H2H you want your strengths strong and your weaknesses weak. Ayton is like a mini-KAT so I just wonder how much more over the top the trade takes you since Ayton is like 85% of KAT and their stat lines have a lot of overlap. Not sure it is a big enough difference to not take the second piece in Mitchell. 

Talking in circles, but I have looked at this for a while and haven't been able to respond because I lacked conviction so I figured I would just share my thought process. Hope you find some sort of value in it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

I am going to give you some boring/awful response....it is probably a fair trade and comes down to preference on how you want to build your dynasty over many years, but I would want to see the rest of your roster.

My concern is that H2H you want your strengths strong and your weaknesses weak. Ayton is like a mini-KAT so I just wonder how much more over the top the trade takes you since Ayton is like 85% of KAT and their stat lines have a lot of overlap. Not sure it is a big enough difference to not take the second piece in Mitchell. 

Talking in circles, but I have looked at this for a while and haven't been able to respond because I lacked conviction so I figured I would just share my thought process. Hope you find some sort of value in it. 

Appreciate it. Agree that it's a tough one that different people will view differently. 

My take is that in dynasty, even with a 12 teamer, you have a chance to get a bunch of good players so i'd rather have stars over depth unless they are really good which these two almost are which makes it challenging. We also have a dominant team that I don't think I can beat for a while