Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Russell Westbrook 2019-2020 Outlook

36 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

there's no such thing as a DND list.  Sometimes, players that you have no intention of drafting will fall really low in drafts and make them more tempting to pick up. 

I play auction and have zero intention of drafting Chris Paul but if he fell in my lap at $19, I'd scoop him up

There is for me, every year in every sport I have one and the odd time someone falls way to far and I bite and much more often then not I'm disappointed and say never again, trust your research/opinion etc... If there are 11 other stubborn buffoons like me then eventually he can be draftable but my dnd crew would have to fall a large amount.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, apatas said:

For me this confession only proves that DND list is fictional. Therefore I don't use DND list. Or I use - for example Durant this season...

You're right I would not call it a DND list. Every player just has a point where they feel that the cost equals the benefit of drafting that said player. Where that point may be is subjective to each person. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fantasy wise, if a Harden + Westbrook pairing in a D'Antoni system doesn't excite you, nothing will. If he gets his rhythm back at the line, even better.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1

What are the chances that DA starts him at SG or at least lists him as such for a few games enough to get the eligibility in Yahoo? I completely ignored SGs and pretty desperate 😅😅😅

11 minutes ago, ginocan said:

What are the chances that DA starts him at SG or at least lists him as such for a few games enough to get the eligibility in Yahoo? I completely ignored SGs and pretty desperate 😅😅😅

Don't think that will happen haha. 

hope they stagger Westbrook and harden like mil did with brogdon.

Westbrook play the first 5 min, then sits, then runs 2nd unit with Gordon.

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

hope they stagger Westbrook and harden like mil did with brogdon.

Westbrook play the first 5 min, then sits, then runs 2nd unit with Gordon.

His efficiency is going to improve a ton. You're already seeing it.

10 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

His efficiency is going to improve a ton. You're already seeing it.

Are we though?  In two games, he is 11/27 from the field (4/17 from three) and 9/12 from the line. 

So the free throws are up some and maybe he can go back to normal on that (FTs are more mental than anything else and I suspect that has been his problem). 

But the FG% is always going to be what it is.  He is a horrible three point shooter and he is going to be asked to shoot even more of them.  So improving a ton?  No chance this shot-jacker will ever be efficient.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Are we though?  In two games, he is 11/27 from the field (4/17 from three) and 9/12 from the line. 

So the free throws are up some and maybe he can go back to normal on that (FTs are more mental than anything else and I suspect that has been his problem). 

But the FG% is always going to be what it is.  He is a horrible three point shooter and he is going to be asked to shoot even more of them.  So improving a ton?  No chance this shot-jacker will ever be efficient.

So we're going to pretend Westbrook doesn't provide 3's? 

But I agree about the free throws. He's picking up right where he left off from the playoffs. 

It’s difficult to place him so far.  As expected I think his volume will decline a little, maybe 19/9/9 with 2 steals, 1.5 threes.  But I also think he will be more efficient (relative to his historicals but still behind median).  Something like 45/75/3.5 TO.  I don’t really think he will move up or down much in his overall ranking.  Still top 30.  Still a punt TO guy, maybe won’t require a % punt.   

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

So we're going to pretend Westbrook doesn't provide 3's? 

Huh?  I didn't say he didn't provide any threes.  I said he was a horrible three point shooter.  Which he is.  Yes he provides some threes in that he jacks up so many of them that a few go in.  

But would you want a career 30% three point shooter shooting 17 threes in two games?  Is that improving efficiency?  Would you call a 30% three point shooter a good three point shooter?  I wouldn't....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Westbrook was never a good fg% or TO player, but hes an easy first rounder in punt fg/to if he gets his ft% up as hes a top 10 rebounder in the league, a top 3 assist player in the league and a top 5 steals player in the league, 20+ pts, will shoot tons of 3s this year to make that a very strong category for him (2+). If his ft% goes to what is used to be, hes going to be the 2nd best punt fg/to player in the league after harden. Use Westbrook properly and hes fantasy gold, just like Draymond. Use him improperly, and hes garbage. Good managers know how to use him properly. 

You can use him properly but no matter what it's going to feel like you're reaching.

We have no idea how these counting stats are going to look, unless he just racks them up while harden is on the bench.

17 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

You can use him properly but no matter what it's going to feel like you're reaching.

We have no idea how these counting stats are going to look, unless he just racks them up while harden is on the bench.

Reaching lol!? This is Russell Westbrook. You want him going in the 4th or 5th rounds!?

Ok. Now I know you're in the liquor cabinet.

32 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Reaching lol!? This is Russell Westbrook. You want him going in the 4th or 5th rounds!?

Ok. Now I know you're in the liquor cabinet.

i've seen him go as high as #8. when's the last time he was worth that?

3 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

i've seen him go as high as #8. when's the last time he was worth that?

2017-2018- maybe not overall rank but a line of 25/10/10 1.8 steal 1.3 threes 45%/74% is worth a top 10 pick

before that I believe he had atleast 3 in a row top 10 overall per game finishes. 

Traded Away RWB for Booker in one of my leagues. For anyone concerned about rwb just take a look at the rockets coach. He's in for a big year. 

1 hour ago, PhillyBoy said:

Traded Away RWB for Booker in one of my leagues. For anyone concerned about rwb just take a look at the rockets coach. He's in for a big year. 

So you think he is going to have a big year. But yet you traded him away? I am confused. 

9 hours ago, ginocan said:

So you think he is going to have a big year. But yet you traded him away? I am confused. 

Yeap. Booker fits my build much better. 

• Like 1

Drafted him for $39 in 8 cat roto.  I know I’m skeptical but he should be $50+ in 8 cat.  Top 15 easy.  

Anyone have any stats or thoughts  regarding usage and ft%? Although taking time off the free throw shot clock definitely effected Westbrook, he also used to be younger and was filled with endless energy so my guess is he was far less tired and able to make more fts. Do 5 suicides then shoot a ft and then just go straight to the line rested and you will see a huge difference. Will westbrook's decrease in usage effect his %s by having him simply be less tired? Or is his usage still going to be very close to the past since they are staggering him? 

Took him 10th in my Points league over Beal, hope I don't regret it.

these are the lines I dread. 14/4/4 while torching ur % and t/o. at least in okc you getting that 20/10/10. hopefully just preseason but feel we will get more of these lines in the future when harden goes off and Westbrook cant hit jack diddly 

Edited by colepenhagen