dfstout

Joey Slye 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

with cam out should this downgrade him due to the fact that possibly the second or third stringer can move the ball so more punts vs fgs?

This is a great question. Not sure how we can go about answering this. I’d like to know as well. 

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

This is a great question. Not sure how we can go about answering this. I’d like to know as well. 

right now prob value zane gonzalez if hes available otherwise slye might be the bedt option available on the waiver for a week try out. perhaps the backup has a better arm than cam’s shot shoulder

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Welcome to the squad... JOEYYY SLYEEEEE

Added him, too.

Is there some reliable data on how kicker perform (in fantasy) when they play with back-ups?

Somehow I can see them score less because the offense won't move the ball as efficient.
On the other hand I can see them score more because they won't make it into the RZ as often and therefore have to settle for FG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

Added him, too.

Is there some reliable data on how kicker perform (in fantasy) when they play with back-ups?

Somehow I can see them score less because the offense won't move the ball as efficient.
On the other hand I can see them score more because they won't make it into the RZ as often and therefore have to settle for FG.

Not sure how they can score less even with the backup QB.. Cam hasnt done squat the whole season

53 minutes ago, mlrush said:

Not sure how they can score less even with the backup QB.. Cam hasnt done squat the whole season

Yes, I think in this case it will help, too.

This was more a general question which would interest me.

2 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Holding off for now.....If Cam plays, I'll pick him up

Plus they have a week 7 bye. Might pick him up for week 8.

Week 17 of last year the backup Allen played well.  228 yards 2 TD, no interceptions.  

Take that for what what it’s worth.

His value is tied to the inefficiency of scam newton. Those fgs turn into tds with Allen 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

His value is tied to the inefficiency of scam newton. Those fgs turn into tds with Allen 

And you say that with such certainty how ? Allen is no pro bowl QB himself. This offense right now no matter who is under center will be stalling alot , period. CMC and the WR corps are good enough to move the chains , but I can see alot of FG’s one way or another. 

• Like 2

Easy play this week, even without Cam. Panthers vegas points only dropped by 1 to 1.5 due to Cam not playing. Dude is accurate and big-legged and CMC and Moore and Samuel will be able to move the ball at least. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another week, another big game, another set of experts ranking him as a low-tier kicker while he carries my team to the playoffs.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Slye the Fantasy cornerStone.  Why wouldn't anybody grab the #1 kicker at the season's quarter pole?

yep, i got him week 3 after to duds from crosby. Been solid all through 4 games

Posted (edited)

Love this guy. He hits 50+ FG's with ease.  Expert rankings don't matter that much.  Last year, Kaimi Fairbarn was the #1 kicker and was never ranked anywhere near #1, as they go with the guys with the bigger reputation.

I made the mistake of drafting Jake Elliott from Philly.  I'll never do that again, his coach his too progressive -- going for two point conversions way more than I would like.

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rozr1 said:

yep, i got him week 3 after to duds from crosby. Been solid all through 4 games

Lmao same here , what a pickup huh ! This kid is an absolute stud of kicker , crazy range, and Carolina is the perfect team for him. The offense is good but not good enough for many touchdowns. And then here comes our boy kicking 50+ yarders like it’s nothing

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

Another week, another big game, another set of experts ranking him as a low-tier kicker while he carries my team to the playoffs.

on the Slye bus as well.  He’s kept me at perfect record in close battles with large differences in kickers.  Greg who!?

• Like 2

hes a mix of tucker and Lego tron, range and accuracy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I HATE all of you in this thread singing his praises. 

Why?