dfstout

Joey Slye 2019 Outlook

this kid is officially out his gotdamn mind - fearless mutha out there, unconscious atm - "KEEEEEEEECK!!!!1!"

hellz. yesh. 

1 minute ago, InVINCEable said:

Got this dude for free this morning. SLYE GUY LETS GO! 

your leeg mates oughtta fine themselves ... sleeping on this gig is not a recipe for magick foosball success. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Why?

Isn't it quite obvious?  Because I missed the train!!!  😤

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Haha 2

His leg strength is crazy and gives him upside up there with the top kickers because the Panthers will be looking to kick FG's as soon as they cross midfield instead of punting or going for it on 4th.

Plus they obviously count as 5 points. Confidently riding the Slye train until given reason not to.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CFN said:

His leg strength is crazy and gives him upside up there with the top kickers because the Panthers will be looking to kick FG's as soon as they cross midfield instead of punting or going for it on 4th.

Plus they obviously count as 5 points. Confidently riding the Slye train until given reason not to.

I hate you, I hate this video, I hate everything about everything.......sniff sniff. 

Why didn't you guys PM me to get me on the train?  😢

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Corleone said:

Obviously we don't get points for preseason stats, but I thought it was interesting to see how Slye has done in all 2019 games so far...

--Preseason Week 1: 3 for 3 FG (29, 42, 55) + 2 for 2 XP's
--Preseason Week 2: 2 for 2 FG (40, 54)
--Preseason Week 3: 1 for 1 FG (41) 
--Preseason Week 4: 1 for 2 FG (59) + 2 for 2 XP's........the missed FG was a blocked 48 yarder
--Regular Season Week 1: 2 for 3 FG (46, 52) + 3 for 3 XP's........the missed FG was a 53 yarder
--Regular Season Week 2: 4 for 4 FG (32, 37, 51, 54
--Regular Season Week 3: 1 for 1 FG (36) + 5 for 5 XP's
--Regular Season Week 4: 3 for 3 FG (26, 48, 55) + 1 for 1 XP's

Totals:
17 for 19 FG (including 5 40+ yarders & 7 50+ yarders)
13 for 13 XP
83 fantasy points in 8 games (counting 40 yarders as 4 points, and 50 yarders as 5 points)

Just for the heck of it, I also checked the league leaders in 50 yarders over the past few seasons. In 2018, Maher & Myers had 6 such kicks. In 2017, Bryant had 8. In 2016, Tucker had 10.

There certainly are no guarantees for Slye, but from what he has shown in the 2019 preseason and regular season, you have to like what you've seen so far.

when you're in a hype train thread with Don Corleone then you know you made the right choice, and there will be boffo data to give ya the warm and fuzzies 😁

Saludé, paisano! 🇮🇹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It cracks me up that a thread for a kicker has so much activity. Ride the wave till his week 7 bye. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

It cracks me up that a thread for a kicker has so much activity. Ride the wave till his week 7 bye. 

You should have seen the Greg Zuerlein thread back in 2017.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Who’s holding through his bye and how bout his schedule afterwards?

10 minutes ago, ReCover said:

I certainly am.  He's the best kicker in the league so far.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ReCover said:

Who’s holding through his bye?

i have never even considered that kinda rosterbation in seasons past ... but, this kid - this freAk - gonna see me break tradition. 

"KEEEEEECK!!1!!!1!"

im'ma trim some nod1ck ham n' egger from the bottom to hold this nutbar ... Slye stays put. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ReCover said:

Schedule doesn't matter. The Panthers defense has been good this season creating short fields. Kyle Allen won't be throwing for 30 TD's. So there will be plenty of FG opportunities. And this guy has the leg and accuracy to consistently hit 50+ yarders. You aren't going to find that kind of consistent upside from any other kicker right now.

I'm all aboard the Slye train! Claimed him after an owner dropped him for Nugent 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReCover said:

Experiment with Gay for a week?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Slye has shown himself to be reliable and the big leg certainly brings upside. It's crazy that he's not highly ranked week to week yet, but I suspect that\'s because of worries about Kyle Allen and just that the season is still young.

Just like people in the past would hesitate to cut Greg the Leg for fear of not getting him back, I think we'll see a lot of that with Slye in a few weeks with the bye.  Some in your league may not be paying attention to him, but there certainly are a few informed owners in every league that would pounce on him if he was cut loose.

Basically your options are:

1) Roster another kicker for a week but hard to do in leagues that have short benches

2) Cut him for a rental and then bid enough FAAB where you think you can get him back.  In leagues with rolling waivers where you can't get him again (even if you have high priority) unless he fully clears waivers, you're li kely losing him.

3) Play without a kicker for a week.  In leagues that allow you to drop a bench player even if game played (Yahoo), see how Sunday goes and if you need to pick up a Sunday evening or Monday night kicker, that would be an option.

4) Realize that all kickers are almost equal and just cut him and move on.

• Thanks 1

Always 4. Never waste a roster spot on a 2nd kicker.  If someone else picks him up the week after the bye, so be it.  Just grab the next best one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

Always 4. Never waste a roster spot on a 2nd kicker.  If someone else picks him up the week after the bye, so be it.  Just grab the next best one.

Really, "never"? Why are writing in such absolute terms?

So you are saying that In my 14 team league (my only team this year) where I am 4-0 and have Christian McCaffery. Where the top two players currently on my waiver are Corey Davis and Trey Burton. That if Slye's bye week I should pick up someone like Trey Burton when I have Mark Andrews and Darren Waller and drop Slye? And the player I would have to drop would be Colt McCoy (playing him next week against Miami for Josh Allen's bye)

When he is the kicker from the same team as Mccaffery where if he drive stalls out I can still get points from the kicker that is proven to kick 50 field goals which is point more than a touch down and leads the league in points from kickers.

Nah I'm good. I'll keep him thanks.

• Like 2

I'm keeping him during the bye, gonna have to part with likes of hardman or mattison that week for a fill- in

11 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

Really, "never"? Why are writing in such absolute terms?

So you are saying that In my 14 team league (my only team this year) where I am 4-0 and have Christian McCaffery. Where the top two players currently on my waiver are Corey Davis and Trey Burton. That if Slye's bye week I should pick up someone like Trey Burton when I have Mark Andrews and Darren Waller and drop Slye? And the player I would have to drop would be Colt McCoy (playing him next week against Miami for Josh Allen's bye)

When he is the kicker from the same team as Mccaffery where if he drive stalls out I can still get points from the kicker that is proven to kick 50 field goals which is point more than a touch down and leads the league in points from kickers.

Nah I'm good. I'll keep him thanks.

If you value him that much than just go without a kicker that week.  I would never drop a high upside skills player (which is what my bench is filled with) for a kicker or a defense.  There's always another kicker available.  I dropped Gould for Slye without looking back and I'll drop Slye when his bye comes.

3 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

If you value him that much than just go without a kicker that week.  I would never drop a high upside skills player (which is what my bench is filled with) for a kicker or a defense.  There's always another kicker available.  I dropped Gould for Slye without looking back and I'll drop Slye when his bye comes.

If that's your thought you should pick up Gould now if he's still available to get a head of it.