Nyblazer11235

Who will be week 2 wire gems?

Based on Yahoo ownership: 

DK Metcalf (47%) needs to be more highly owned. Turned 6 targets into 89 yds in his debut, he was Wilson's first look on every pass attempt. Though those are hard to come by in Seattle, he has serious touchdown upside as a redzone specimen. He's essentially an upgraded David Moore, who is out right now and nearly broke out last year because of Russ' redzone efficiency. Matchup at Pittsburgh this week.

Carlos Hyde (41%) looked spry last game, could easily see him poach a TD or two. Should be on everyone's radar as the 1b in a high powered offense.

AJ Brown (24%) extremely smooth receiver to watch, a 'post hype' pickup. Watch his tape. Many passed on him for the other rookie waiver WRs, but he went 3/3/100 in his NFL debut in under 50% snaps: his playing time will increase. Yes the Titans are run first with a limited passing game pie, Mariota sucks, etc. But it's a bet on what looks to be a top 2 WR talent of his class. Corey Davis has been inconsistent in part because he draws elite shadow coverage, I believe AJB benefits all year.

DJ Chark (11%)/Chris Conley (4%) I expect Minshew to sling it in shootout with the Texans. Both have been dynasty projects of physical potential. Chark went 4/146/1 last week, Conley 6/97/1 I would say they deserves a bump in ownership. Often when there is a QB change the target distribution will change from what we anticipated (less Dede Westbrook centric). I believe Minshew is a gamer and this is a DeFilippo (pass happy) offense.

Tre'quan Smith (15%) a forum favorite, seems like he's been around forever but this is just the start of his sophomore year. Mike Thomas and Ted Ginn will see Talib/Peters while Smith will get chances in the slot in another potential shootout.

CJ Uzomah (4%) for deep/desperate TE teams, prefer him to Eifert, though both may have potential with Zac Taylor's pass happiness. He'll be a PPR low ceiling guy as we've seen him before.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Senior Year

4779 Passing Yards

38 TD's

QB Rate 147

And the NFL was so impressed by that he was drafted in the sixth round.

I have nothing against the guy. But even top-ranked rookie QBs usually don't do much (there are of course exceptions). Sixth rounders?  Anything's possible, but I doubt this is another Brady. And as I said earlier he has a really dicey supporting cast. 

52 minutes ago, the Ghost of Joe Webb said:

Based on Yahoo ownership: 

DK Metcalf (47%) needs to be more highly owned. Turned 6 targets into 89 yds in his debut, he was Wilson's first look on every pass attempt. Though those are hard to come by in Seattle, he has serious touchdown upside as a redzone specimen. He's essentially an upgraded David Moore, who is out right now and nearly broke out last year because of Russ' redzone efficiency. Matchup at Pittsburgh this week.

I almost took him over McLaurin. He has a far better QB and team, But McLaurin looks like THE pass option for the Redskins while Metcalf and Lockett may go back and forth a lot, and true to their word the Seahawks seem to be working Carson in the pass mix more. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Senior Year

4779 Passing Yards

38 TD's

QB Rate 147

Picked him up in my super flex league 

Bennie fowler worth a sniff in ppr? He is about the only wr left (outside of Ingram and saquan 😂) giants d sucks so they should be playing from behind often.

6 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Bennie fowler worth a sniff in ppr? He is about the only wr left (outside of Ingram and saquan 😂) giants d sucks so they should be playing from behind often.

Didn't Lattimer have the better game last week? Hard to trust Eli supporting three options.

35 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Didn't Lattimer have the better game last week? Hard to trust Eli supporting three options.

Lattimer is questionable. Slayton and shephard are  out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Gardner minshew

Already gone in my 1 qb league.  Dude dropped cousins(his backup) for him

• Haha 1

Diontae Johnson. If Moncrief plays the way he has been then Johnson should get way more opportunity. He is a 3rd round pick with the exact same metrics as AB. Maybe not necessarily this coming week but soon. We all know Steelers know how to pick their WRs. 

3 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Didn't Moncrief have 10 targets last week? Maybe I am mistaken?

He did, he caught 3 of them for 7 yards. Johnson has 5 targets. Caught 3 of them for 25 yards. 

• Haha 1

James Washington OR Diontae Johnson (since Moncrief is still Moncrief)

Derek Carr (garbage time vs Chiefs D)

Raheem Mostert (will get some action and Breida is a weekly injury risk)

Cowboys Defense (play Dolphins week 3)

Parris Campbell OR Deon Cain (one will benefit from Funchess injury)

Rex Burkhead (if White sits or is limited)

Carlos Hyde

One guy who was dropped too soon: Possible candidates include Anthony Miller, Darwin Thompson, Peyton Barber and Keke Coutee

With funchess out I see Parris stepping up from the slot. expect some gadget plays and YAC monster.

Edited by zshenko
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Campbell or Cain ?

one could break out or bust out

I grabbed Campbell as I think he is a more talented player. They have different skillsets and I think Campbell has the higher upside. He was a 90 catch, 1000 yard receiver last year. Cain was a good but ill take the early 2nd round draft pick over the second year 6th round pick coming off an acl tear last year. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Didn't Moncrief have 10 targets last week? Maybe I am mistaken?

he had. But he had at least 4 or 5 drops if Im not mistaken

16 minutes ago, zshenko said:

I grabbed Campbell as I think he is a more talented player. They have different skillsets and I think Campbell has the higher upside. He was a 90 catch, 1000 yard receiver last year. Cain was a good but ill take the early 2nd round draft pick over the second year 6th round pick coming off an acl tear last year. 

Didn't know Cain had an acl tear, good lookin out

19 minutes ago, zshenko said:

Cain plays outside like Funchess

Campbell plays the slot

1 hour ago, wendellrott said:

Cain plays outside like Funchess

Campbell plays the slot

Yes I know, but losing funchess just opens up more targets and while both should see the field I can see Campbell being a security blanket short. It also helps that he has the upside of designed jet sweeps so he will also get carries. With 4.31 speed any one of those go be a homerun. No chance cain touches a carry on the year.

Carlos Hyde

The Barber in Tampa Bay

Josh Allen QB

Mattison

7 minutes ago, mjb said:

Carlos Hyde

The Barber in Tampa Bay

Josh Allen QB

Mattison

Owned

Owned 

Owned 

Owned

• Thanks 1

I think Ted Ginn is going to perk up again. Not a flashy pickup. But he will probably grab another 6-7 balls. 

13 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I think Ted Ginn is going to perk up again. Not a flashy pickup. But he will probably grab another 6-7 balls. 

Everyone is owned minus P.Cambell. im guessing most play with newer owners.  

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
Typo