Sign in to follow this  
wildcat62

Brook Lopez 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Dont get me wrong thats why i drafted him. My immediate thought after seeing his line was that he got injured. But hes healthy and posted that? Im extremely confused.

It was a blowout - they won by 32. Lopez was +18, the highest besides Giannis (+19). He played 25 mins, only 3 less than last season's average. It was just one of those games.

He's an incredibly sneaky value, so don't drop or trade this guy; he's playing great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks. For the record ive been a nets fan since 2009 as an adult BroLo has been my guy since like 2011 as a real talent. Obviously hes not that anymore but ive seen injuries throughout his career. Just worried cause i like that dude. 

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So his blocks are ok but what about points and 3s? I thought his line against Cleveland is kind of his floor. Seems so far like 16/5 with 3 3s and 2 blocks is his ceiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dorwell said:

So his blocks are ok but what about points and 3s? I thought his line against Cleveland is kind of his floor. Seems so far like 16/5 with 3 3s and 2 blocks is his ceiling.

16/5 with 3 3PMs and 2 BLK as his FLOOR? That is his absolute ceiling! His FG will improve and at seasons end he will be at 2.1 3PM, 2BLK, 4.5 REB and 12 PT

Edited by HerrMcKenzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

16/5 with 3 3PMs and 2 BLK as his FLOOR? That is his absolute ceiling! His FG will improve and at seasons end he will be at 2.1 3PM, 2BLK, 4.5 REB and 12 PT

Not the blocks but 14-16 points and 2-3 3s. That's what I thought he can chip in. If this is totally crazy I defintely paid too much for him.

Quote

and at seasons end he will be at 2.1 3PM, 2BLK, 4.5 REB and 12 PT

Hope you're right about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dorwell said:

Not the blocks but 14-16 points and 2-3 3s. That's what I thought he can chip in. If this is totally crazy I defintely paid too much for him.

Hope you're right about this.

 

Nah, I don't think he's at the point in his career where he's getting a lot of scoring touches. He's a super role player like Draymond, so he's getting the offense that comes to him, not going after it. For those reasons I don't think he'll reach 14-16, probably 12-13 pts like he's been the past 2 seasons. As I mentioned on the 1st page, even with Brogdon gone the offense is more likely to go through Giannis, Bledsoe, and Brogdon's fill-ins rather than BroLo seeing a real increase. 

 

It's still super early tho, so I can still be proven wrong. He's only shooting 37% from the field, that will go up and his 10 pts per game will also go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He came in ranked #31 in 9-cat last year doing much of the same, except hitting more of his shots.  All he needs is get his FG% back up and he'll be right there as a top 50 player with a high floor again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

his ceilings low in this team/role, he'll block enough shots and hit enough 3's for a top 75 finish though

 

He should be top 50 imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get some love for this dude in here? B2B games with 5 blocks...and he's actually getting rebounds now! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Can we get some love for this dude in here? B2B games with 5 blocks...and he's actually getting rebounds now! 

Yeah and next game is against atlanta. Should be feasting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He started slow, but he's absolutely beasting now! Can't believe some guys were talking about dropping him. I got him in the 6th round and I thought it was an absolute steal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Basketboss21 said:

He started slow, but he's absolutely beasting now! Can't believe some guys were talking about dropping him. I got him in the 6th round and I thought it was an absolute steal!

Huge steal. Brook is worth his weight in gold in cat leagues, especially roto. If you play roto, he's probably top 30 ROS. 2+ blocks, 2 triples, elite ft% is delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Huge steal. Brook is worth his weight in gold in cat leagues, especially roto. If you play roto, he's probably top 30 ROS. 2+ blocks, 2 triples, elite ft% is delicious.

H2H but still, he's ranked top 15 for the past week in 9 cat league. His stats will regress but top 30 is not absolutely out of the question. 

His offense and rim-protection is a perfect complement for Giannis, and he just thrives in that system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.