wendellrott

2019 IDP Discussion

Forum needs a place to hold an IDP Conversation, thought I'd start one...see if it flies or not

JJ Watt could be bust this year 

Dolphins S Reshad Jones (ankle) is out for Week 2 against the Patriots.

Wasn't Brady like the #12 QB two Weeks ago

Well doesn't look like much interest in IDP here

So I would suggest that Leagues who just have D/ST slots try adding some IDP players in your league

My league has IDP slots so certainly an interesting thread IMO.

Just don't expect it to be very popular. 

Yeah we do too. We just have one general IDP slot, so customize our scoring a fair bit to try to balance things out. I think we've ended up over-rewarding sacks as a result so I went for Myles Garrett and he hasn't disappointed so far.

As commish of my league I added 4 IDP roster spots a few years ago and it's been a popular addition. 

23 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

My league has IDP slots so certainly an interesting thread IMO.

Just don't expect it to be very popular. 

Solo Tackle Leader this year anyone ?

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

As commish of my league I added 4 IDP roster spots a few years ago and it's been a popular addition. 

We do the same

D (Any Def. Player)

DB

LB

DL

been doing IDP for years and find it more interesting than a straight D/ST slot

My league has always been IDP (D, D, LB, DL, CB, S) so I keep up with the defensive players a good bit. Always looking out for the next player to emerge, just like Darius Leonard did last season.

My league starts 8 IDP (25 man rosters 8 offense/8 defense/1 kicker/8 bench)

5 D (flex)

1 LB

1 DB

1 DL

Makes things very interesting, certainly not easy but it’s fun. I don’t know why people continue to play Team Defense, IDP is the way to go in my opinion.

Edited by Shake

Dynasty league I'm in starts 9 IDP. 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 S, 2 CB. Linebackers tend to dominate the scoring. Darius Leonard last season was putting up RB1 numbers or better. More like QB1 numbers.

I'm high on Hubbard and Anthony Harris this season. Onwuasor will have a good season taking over Mosley's role. I think Davenport has a break out season in NO. And I also think Mercilus is going to feast across from Watt and without Clowney in town. Mercilus has been productive in the past.

One of my longest running (and highest stakes) leagues we use an IDP from the D/ST that we start that week.

Really adds a fun strategy wrinkle to the draft/weekly lineup decisions.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Vander esch is a tackling machine

So is Jaylon Smith, probably the League's best Linebacking Duo

9 hours ago, devaster said:

Darius Leonard last season was putting up RB1 numbers or better

he got me in the playoffs last year but put up a dud first week

another one like that and he'll be hard to hold

already dropped Watt for Hubbard JJ going to see a lot of double teams

9 hours ago, devaster said:

Mercilus is going to feast across from Watt

Kuechly back in form this past Thursday night, with 26 points in my IDP league. Per usual the guy was all over the field and seemingly involved in every play. Also flat out dropped a pick he would typically catch 9 out of 10 times. He obviously carries that concussion risk but I still think he's worthy of consideration as the most valuable IDP in fantasy right now.

A lot of talk about Watt and him busting this year. The reality is that the DL position is absolutely rife with inconsistency. The consensus DL1, Donald, only came away with one solo tackle last week for instance. Watt was an absolute force last year and is still as good of a bet for a weekly strip sack as anyone. While the top dog from the DL pack for this year hasn't necessarily emerged quite yet (Garrett and DLaw are good candidates) I do think Watt is still in that tier and someone who isn't hard to be optimistic about given his history. 

Vander Esch was just mentioned in this thread and I see him as an elite option--a hair below Kuechly and Darius Leonard (throw Wagner in there too) and possibly even better than them this year. The guy flat out makes plays and is always in the right spot on the field. Kid is clearly a stud.

I'm new to IDP, doing it in a league for the first time this year.  We have 5 IDP slots and my 5 are pretty solid, but as a newbie I wonder, do you stream IDP's at all? Or just stick to your guys if they're basically "solid"?  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, dschddny said:

I'm new to IDP, doing it in a league for the first time this year.  We have 5 IDP slots and my 5 are pretty solid, but as a newbie I wonder, do you stream IDP's at all? Or just stick to your guys if they're basically "solid"?  Thanks!

I always am looking to keep my stud LB's and DL's but  streaming DB's can sometimes be profitable

4 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

I always am looking to keep my stud LB's and DL's but  streaming DB's can sometimes be profitable

How do you decide who to stream at DB?  Seems pretty unpredictable playing matchups - does a higher scoring game mean more points for DB's or less?

if a QB is prone to throwing INT's you can stream a DB going against him

INT's are usually a big play points score in IDP

DB's like Talib was good to play against suspect QB's

but tackles are where you rack up the points so if you've got a good tackling Safety play him

IDP talk has a thread in the Asst Coach forum.  

I tried it but it wasn’t for me.  Too much amalgamation of information in one thread, so it becomes very discouraging to discuss individual topics, plus it gets littered with IDP Asst Coach questions.  I suspect the same will happen with this thread, but I applaud your effort.

I’m not a techie.  Is there a reason why there wouldn’t be an IDP forum that stands on its own so individual topics could be explored with multiple responses like the forum here?

3 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

IDP talk has a thread in the Asst Coach forum.  

I tried it but it wasn’t for me.  Too much amalgamation of information in one thread, so it becomes very discouraging to discuss individual topics, plus it gets littered with IDP Asst Coach questions.  I suspect the same will happen with this thread, but I applaud your effort.

I’m not a techie.  Is there a reason why there wouldn’t be an IDP forum that stands on its own so individual topics could be explored with multiple responses like the forum here?

I posted a Question about JJ Watt on the Asst Coach Forum...got zero response

thought that there was a need for those that do play in IDP Leagues to have a place to discuss strategy, players, etc.

it don't seem to work good on the Asst Coach Forum so we'll see if it plays here or dies out 

24 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

The reason isn't really technical, it's practical.  A dedicated forum requires a critical mass of users reading and posting regularly to keep it from becoming a ghost town, which means the bar to clear for people remembering to check it for new posts is very high.  A vast majority of leagues don't use IDP, which makes it a very niche topic that doesn't come close to clearing that high bar.  There's really not enough to say about individual players to sustain active player outlook threads, and we're certainly not interested in it becoming a second AC forum.

With all of that said, I understand why some might not like the conflation of IDP outlook/rankings/discussion and IDP AC questions in the AC thread, so there's a possibility we could try to do this thread as a pinned season-long IDP talk thread.  For that to work, this thread would basically need to contain no AC discussion whatsoever, and stay focused on general topics of interest to IDP players that don't depend on team/roster context.  We'll keep an eye on this thread, and if the advantages outweigh the drawbacks, we can pin it here.  Would that be an okay compromise?

• Like 1