wendellrott

2019 IDP Discussion

Recommended Posts

 

FWIW a good DB to stream this week is Morgan Burnett from Cleveland

That Defense should pressure Trevor Siemian all day

very good chance he throws a pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onwuasor was a big disappointment in week 2. Against Kyler Murray you would expect big numbers for the Ravens' #1 ILB. Should still have a solid season.

Ronnie Harrison continuing with a strong week 2. Looking like one of the top IDP Safeties this season. Tackle machine. Injury didn't hold him back.

Leonard back to his IDP stud ways.

Hubbard doesn't have any sacks this week, but his solo tackles and total tackles make for a strong floor. Hubbard looking like a really good option at DL this season.

Edmunds and TJ Watt looking like strong options all season.

Minkah Fitzpatrick had a great game. Talks of him being traded to Philly. If that happens he could continue with an even stronger season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking Jerome Baker may be one of the better LB options all season. Miami is going to be trailing in a lot of games and facing teams running the ball in 4th quarters. Going to be a lot of tackle opportunities for Miami defensive players. Assuming they don't get worn out and are able to finish the season.

Edited by devaster
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, devaster said:

Onwuasor was a big disappointment in week 2. Against Kyler Murray you would expect big numbers for the Ravens' #1 ILB. Should still have a solid season.

Ronnie Harrison continuing with a strong week 2. Looking like one of the top IDP Safeties this season. Tackle machine. Injury didn't hold him back.

Leonard back to his IDP stud ways.

Hubbard doesn't have any sacks this week, but his solo tackles and total tackles make for a strong floor. Hubbard looking like a really good option at DL this season.

Edmunds and TJ Watt looking like strong options all season.

Minkah Fitzpatrick had a great game. Talks of him being traded to Philly. If that happens he could continue with an even stronger season.

If Minkah gets traded who steps up at DB for Miami in his place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, devaster said:

I'm thinking Jerome Baker may be one of the better LB options all season. Miami is going to be trailing in a lot of games and facing teams running the ball in 4th quarters. Going to be a lot of tackle opportunities for Miami defensive players. Assuming they don't get worn out and are able to finish the season.

 

Whitney Mercilus should be picked up

Jordan Hicks is also solid in tackles but lacks big plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, devaster said:

I'm thinking Jerome Baker may be one of the better LB options all season. Miami is going to be trailing in a lot of games and facing teams running the ball in 4th quarters. Going to be a lot of tackle opportunities for Miami defensive players. Assuming they don't get worn out and are able to finish the season.

 

I agree with you. If anyone is looking for an upside LB that may still be on waivers, this kid definitely fits the bill. He's going to be on the field A LOT, and Miami will be trailing teams all year long.

He's a team captain and one of the few brights spots on the Fins to build on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, devaster said:

Minkah Fitzpatrick had a great game. Talks of him being traded to Philly

 

Minkah should be the Bomb in the Steelers Backfield

 

Vernon Hargreaves III & Montae Nicholson are couple of DB's looking good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

Leonard in concussion protocol.

Not looking good for this week probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, devaster said:

Not looking good for this week probably.

 

I'm looking to pick up Hicks to cover in case he's out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hero202 said:

So what do you guys think of Devin Bush after 2 weeks?

 

He's always around the ball...has that Steeler-playmaking ability/right place at the right time that can always pleasantly surprise any given week....i'm excited redraft leagues or not

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 11:10 PM, wendellrott said:

 

I'm looking to pick up Hicks to cover in case he's out

You should if he is on your wire. He was already gone in my league. I felt fortunate to pick up Hitchens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

Leonard in concussion protocol.

 

Darius is most likely out this week

 

not liking the start to this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, wendellrott said:

JJ Watt could be bust this year 

 

Not looking good for JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone that can keep IDP players (my league allows for kickers and IDP players to be kept indefinitely) and is looking for potential break out players that are young

 

I've recently picked up Darnell Savage - Green Bay Rookie Safety who is starting  (1st round pick by the packers)

Jayon Brown - 24 year old middle linebacker who starts for TEN  ( they suck so he has been balling out on D)

Kizer White - also 24 and a starting middle linebacker for the chargers    looked promising last year until he got hurt but he is right back in a starting role this year

 

 

these may not be absolute top of the line but i wanted to mention them   i am in a 14 team league and we all player 6 IDP players, only stipulation is two of them must be DBS

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys think of Myles Jack... Picked this guy up in my draft expecting a big season.   Week 1 thrown out... bleh week 2 and now two points for me in week 3 ?     Think its time to drop ?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smash10033 said:

What do you guys think of Myles Jack... Picked this guy up in my draft expecting a big season.   Week 1 thrown out... bleh week 2 and now two points for me in week 3 ?     Think its time to drop ?   

 

Disappointing for sure. I'd move on as there could be lessor known, but equal to or better LBs on the wire:

Quincy Williams JAX, Kyzer White LAC, NHewitt NYJ, JJewell DEN, TDavis DEN (may have been dropped), JTavai DET, DCampbell ATL, and Mack Wilson CLE (speculative add) *LB CKirksey may have season ending surgery, and BOkereke IND (speculative add) *he may start at MLB week 3, and who knows what a good performance could result in moving forward, definitely a nice speculative add in dynasty (if not already), along with the previously mentioned Wilson.

FYI I don't chase splash plays, so some LBs who may have scored better than those I've listed were left off the list due to their scoring being the result of the a few big plays vs the consistency of tackles + the possibility of bonus big plays.

*I was in the camp that thought Quincy Williams would be the better value than Myles Jack (cheaper price and playing the WLB position which resulted in some great numbers for his predecessor, Telvin Smith), and this seems to be playing out so far....Quincy Williams tape reminded me of London Fletcher.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Darius is most likely out this week

 

This could result in MLB AWalker moving from MLB to WLB, and Brian Okereke getting the start at MLB. *big time dynasty LB getting his first shot at starter time:

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-daily-notebook-marlon-mack-darius-leonard-remain-out

"Two rookies — Bobby Okereke and E.J. Speed — could take Leonard’s reps if he’s unable to play on Sunday, though the team could very well mix and match at its three linebacker spots. While Speed is listed as Leonard’s backup at the WILL linebacker spot on the team’s unofficial depth chart, Okereke can also play there, or defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus could choose to move Anthony Walker from MIKE linebacker to the WILL, and put a guy like Okereke at MIKE."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in my IDP league we start a defensive player from the D/ST we start that week. Been rolling with BUF and playing Edmunds thus far...he has been rather quiet, would anyone believe that Poyer (seems really underrated in general) might be the superior option this week v a pass happy Cincy? Most of me feels like if I sit Edmunds I will miss out on his monster/breakthrough game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

 

Disappointing for sure. I'd move on as there could be lessor known, but equal to or better LBs on the wire:

Quincy Williams JAX, Kyzer White LAC, NHewitt NYJ, JJewell DEN, TDavis DEN (may have been dropped), JTavai DET, DCampbell ATL, and Mack Wilson CLE (speculative add) *LB CKirksey may have season ending surgery, and BOkereke IND (speculative add) *he may start at MLB week 3, and who knows what a good performance could result in moving forward, definitely a nice speculative add in dynasty (if not already), along with the previously mentioned Wilson.

FYI I don't chase splash plays, so some LBs who may have scored better than those I've listed were left off the list due to their scoring being the result of the a few big plays vs the consistency of tackles + the possibility of bonus big plays.

*I was in the camp that thought Quincy Williams would be the better value than Myles Jack (cheaper price and playing the WLB position which resulted in some great numbers for his predecessor, Telvin Smith), and this seems to be playing out so far....Quincy Williams tape reminded me of London Fletcher.

 

Going through my waiver wire i currently have Whitney Mercilus seems to be sack dependent,    T Davis Sr, N Hewitt,  Fred Warner and Danny Trevathan.    Who do you think the better pick up is ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smash10033 said:

Going through my waiver wire i currently have Whitney Mercilus seems to be sack dependent,    T Davis Sr, N Hewitt,  Fred Warner and Danny Trevathan.    Who do you think the better pick up is ? 

 

All are capable and worthy so ROS comes down to personal preference:

FWarner *could produce even more IF/when KAlexander goes down with an injury (he does have the history)

TDavis *back in action but until we see how he and Jewell interact, temper expectations a bit

NHewitt *splash play each week has enhanced his numbers (although they've been very good), and CJ Mosely could cut into those #s as we've only seen them on the field together 1 game

DTrevathan *imho the big 3 CHI LBs may vulture pts from each other on a week to week basis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...