wendellrott

2019 IDP Discussion

Do you guys prefer Roquon or Jerome Baker ros? I know Roquon has the name value but I can't seem to let go of Baker possibilities lol. Miami defense will be on the field a LOT.

I have an IDP related dilemma and figured you guys might be able to help. Apologies if this isn't the place for this question but thought you might be able to help

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

So in my IDP league we start a defensive player from the D/ST we start that week. Been rolling with BUF and playing Edmunds thus far...he has been rather quiet, would anyone believe that Poyer (seems really underrated in general) might be the superior option this week v a pass happy Cincy? Most of me feels like if I sit Edmunds I will miss out on his monster/breakthrough game.

Edmunds should have had a pick 6 last week and he dropped it.  Should have been a huge game, I bet he makes up for it this week.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

So in my IDP league we start a defensive player from the D/ST we start that week. Been rolling with BUF and playing Edmunds thus far...he has been rather quiet, would anyone believe that Poyer (seems really underrated in general) might be the superior option this week v a pass happy Cincy? Most of me feels like if I sit Edmunds I will miss out on his monster/breakthrough game.

Based on my individual IDP league’s scoring: Cincy (ranked 30th overall in pts to the LB position) gave up 29pts to the two main Seattle LBs (Wagner and Wright) and 33pts to the 2 SF ILBs (Alexander and Warner). *15pts/g is top 12 for LBs in my IDP settings. 

I’d fire Edmunds up. *personally: starting him next to LVEsch and NHewitt, over Quincy Williams, JJewell and KWhite. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Do you guys prefer Roquon or Jerome Baker ros? I know Roquon has the name value but I can't seem to let go of Baker possibilities lol. Miami defense will be on the field a LOT.

RSmith is THE Chicago LB to own, and a dominant talent w/ top 6 LB potential. 

Based on my individual league’s scoring: playing vs the #1 and #12 overall in pts to the LB position, Baker has scored 10pts and 19pts, respectively. Playing vs the 25th and 19th overall in pts to the LB position, Smith has scored 9pts and 22pts, respectively. Seems Smith has done more (actual pts/g) with less (opportunity pts/g).  

*still the chance the other backers in CHI cut into Smith’s #s periodically (hence your hesitation, as Baker is the only show in town), but I’d roll with RSmith, whom you know is top 12, where with Baker, you are speculating. 

*curious why you’re having to choose between the two ROS...low # of IDP starters...short rosters/bench...trade?

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Sigh... moved to AC. Mods are worthless here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, devaster said:

Sigh... moved to AC. Mods are worthless here.

Four Pages in a Week...not bad

AC Forum will not be as informative

Just now, wendellrott said:

Four Pages in a Week...not bad

AC Forum will not be as informative

I just don't find myself in the AC forum. So much for IDP discussion. The only way I'll find myself here is replying to mentions/quotes.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I just don't find myself in the AC forum. So much for IDP discussion. The only way I'll find myself here is replying to mentions/quotes.

never come here myself, good luck on defense

Same here fellas 😔 was digging the IDP thread in FFT. 

We could tag members who are active in IDP, as an alert there is a new topic 🤷‍♂️

Poyer/Bills is a stud...I simply can not sit him any longer! What is going on with Edmunds?

18 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Poyer/Bills is a stud...I simply can not sit him any longer! What is going on with Edmunds?

Maybe it is due to the improvement in the overall DST...more talent on the line, backers playing better, and the solid secondary creating competition for plays.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:24 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Oh nooo... too bad you couldn’t have cashed in the other day. I think Poyer is solid and was happy I got him as my number two dB. Evidently Buffalo stat crew is generous too for tackles. I’ve been happy so far. I see no reason to sit him next week since Pats use the middle of the field so much. And the Pats will have Buffalos’ d on the field a lot.

I posted this on a different thread but wanted to link you all to a IDP podcast in case you guys like podcasts. I listen to them at work while I swear at my screen and bang on my keyboard for my day job... :D

So you can click on the channel and listen heading into the weeks match ups. I think it comes out on Wednesday’s.

Looking for some help this week with my line up. 

Currently have  DB/S  Jesse Bates

DE   Hubbard

Need help rostering 2 line backers    Have  T Davis SR,   J Hicks and D Trevathan  

which two would you go with ?

On 9/25/2019 at 7:43 AM, smash10033 said:

Looking for some help this week with my line up. 

Currently have  DB/S  Jesse Bates

DE   Hubbard

Need help rostering 2 line backers    Have  T Davis SR,   J Hicks and D Trevathan  

which two would you go with ?

Well you have a solid set of three lbs. any two will do. I’d probably definitely start Hicks. And for your other one... I would lean towards Trevathan. Game script could keep snaps down for Davis since Miami sucks and may get a lot of time chew by Chargers run game. Whereas the Chicago/Minny game could be a even battles and Cook could be heavily involved in the game plan. 

• Like 1

We only start 1 IDP in my main league. Would you be concerned about Deion Jones at this point? Joe Schobert and Roquan Smith are also available. 

16 hours ago, Oklahoma said:

We only start 1 IDP in my main league. Would you be concerned about Deion Jones at this point? Joe Schobert and Roquan Smith are also available. 

Even though Smith has the better match-up on paper week 5, considering his recent issues, I think I'd lean toward Schobert. *the tackles AND splash plays have been there for the Brown Sherbet so far B)

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Languistic01 said:

Schobert or Shaq Thompson ROS? 

Both are solid but I'd probably go with Schobert

3 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Name to monitor/pick-up and stash: LB Nicholas Morrow. *the Burfict replacement in Oakland.

Was Burfict playing every down?

5 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Was Burfict playing every down?

Week 1 Def Snap %

Burfict: 88%

Whitehead: 69%

Morrow: 44%

Lee: 12%

Week 2 Def Snap %

Burfict: 95%

Whitehead: 83%

Morrow: 22%

Lee: 8%

Week 3 Def Snap %

Burfict: 81%

Whitehead: 94%

Morrow: 51%

Wilber: 30%

Lee: 8%

Week 4 Def Snap %

Burfict: 22%

Whitehead: 91%

Morrow: 79%

Wilber: 3%

Morrow now moves into an every down starting role, overtaking Burfict's % while still maintaining his prior %...IMHO he wont come off the field.

*but we shall see :shrug: