wendellrott

2019 IDP Discussion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Languistic01 said:

Schobert or Shaq Thompson ROS? 

My issue with Shaq is 2 fold: 1) this is the first time in his career he's strung two big games together in a row. 2) he has competition for tackles from Kuechly.

While Schobert is known for his missed tackle %, he seems to be on fire at the moment, we have seen this type of production from him before, and his major LB competition is just a rookie, Mack Wilson. Schobert also has the better schedule vs pts allowed to the LB position ROS; 7 out of 9 good-great match-ups, weeks 8-16.

Schobert

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

Why is this thread hidden in the assistant coach forum? How are we suppose to be have any sort of meaningful conversation here? There has been like 5 posts in the past week lol.

Anyways, I do not much about IDP, but do you guys take weigh matchups on a weekly basis when playing IDP? If I see a team that "has given up 4th most fantasy points to LB this season" does that carry more weight than a talented linebacker?

For example I read Shaq Thompson is a good play this matchup vs the Jags (who have given up the 4th most pts to LBs). Would he be a better play than people Schobert and Vander Esch?

Who is the best IDP to own in Denver? Ideally LB that can rack up some tackles, I thought one of their middle backers just returned and did pretty decent? Thanks!

Sorry to bother, but  @FollowTheLeader who is the IDP play in DEN this week v TEN (mostly concerned with tackles)?

Kareem Jackson (Q)

Todd Davis (looks to be playing every snap after getting healthy)

Justin Simmons

Josey Jewel (Q)

Anyone I might be overlooking? Thanks in advance, anyone else please chime in too!

No worries, @ST. STEVEN B)

Personally, I'd roll with MLB TDavis. He has played 98, 100, and 100% of the snaps since returning week 3. Jewell can't seem to stay healthy, and may be more of a liability in the passing game then both Davis and his immediate back up, Johnson. Johnson played in place of Jewell, and while he did produce big time, it may be an anomaly due to the amount of opportunity/plays run by LAR.

LB appears to be the better play over S/CB vs Ten as well.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Sorry to bother, but  @FollowTheLeader who is the IDP play in DEN this week v TEN (mostly concerned with tackles)?

Kareem Jackson (Q)

Todd Davis (looks to be playing every snap after getting healthy)

Justin Simmons

Josey Jewel (Q)

Anyone I might be overlooking? Thanks in advance, anyone else please chime in too!

AJ Johnson is the guy you are looking for.  He just stole Jewell’s job and I’m guessing he won’t give it back.  Interesting story of a guy who was run out of the University of Tennessee and was black balled by the NFL due to a false rape allegation.  Now that the legal matters are behind him, DEN rolled the dice and picked him up despite his being out of football for a few years.

The guy was a prolific playmaker at UT and has kept himself busy with MMA while he was waiting for his court case to play out.  Looks like DEN has found the ILB that will make their D function again and Johnson has posted 2 strong games in a row.  He’s probably on your WW and you probably will need to pay a slight premium now, but this guy looks like a 3-down do-it-all LB who is instinctive and athletic enough to be a potential stud.

I made a last minute spot start of him this week after taking a minimum bid flyer on him on Thursday after reading the information coming out of DEN.  Needless to say I’m pretty happy with the results.

• Like 3

BTW, another LB you ought to be taking a long look at is Nick Morrow.  OAK had a bye this week and he, like Johnson, is probably sitting on your WW.  Gruden has been gushing about him for a while and the Burfict suspension has opened opportunity both for he and Whitehead to post numbers in OAK.  Whitehead ought to be rostered as depth at a minimum in start 11 leagues, but Morrow is the young, hungry, up-and-comer that you can get dirt cheap right now.

26 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

BTW, another LB you ought to be taking a long look at is Nick Morrow.  OAK had a bye this week and he, like Johnson, is probably sitting on your WW.  Gruden has been gushing about him for a while and the Burfict suspension has opened opportunity both for he and Whitehead to post numbers in OAK.  Whitehead ought to be rostered as depth at a minimum in start 11 leagues, but Morrow is the young, hungry, up-and-comer that you can get dirt cheap right now.

Looks like Follow The Leader was up to speed on Morrow a week ago.  Sorry about that.

I don’t check in here a lot given the format, and I got into it with a mod when they tried to pin a thread on the main FF page covering all of IDP, which I thought was not such a good idea given how diverse IDP is and forcing it all into one thread was going to drive people away, not attract them.  I’d so love to see some real commitment to the subject.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Heck of a solid 1 week stream with DEN D/ST and Davis at IDP...but I revert back to BUF D/ST this week.

That means struggling whom to start at IDP from them...I never suspected that it would be an issue, as Edmunds seemed so automatic?

@FollowTheLeader @Bronco Billy or whomever, is it an Edmunds week or Poyer week?? Feels like matchup and likely script would favor Poyer, no?

On 10/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, Bronco Billy said:

AJ Johnson is the guy you are looking for.  He just stole Jewell’s job and I’m guessing he won’t give it back.  Interesting story of a guy who was run out of the University of Tennessee and was black balled by the NFL due to a false rape allegation.  Now that the legal matters are behind him, DEN rolled the dice and picked him up despite his being out of football for a few years.

The guy was a prolific playmaker at UT and has kept himself busy with MMA while he was waiting for his court case to play out.  Looks like DEN has found the ILB that will make their D function again and Johnson has posted 2 strong games in a row.  He’s probably on your WW and you probably will need to pay a slight premium now, but this guy looks like a 3-down do-it-all LB who is instinctive and athletic enough to be a potential stud.

I made a last minute spot start of him this week after taking a minimum bid flyer on him on Thursday after reading the information coming out of DEN.  Needless to say I’m pretty happy with the results.

Good call. I really like what I've seen of "Dino" AJ Johnson, and I don't see him giving back the job either. This kid is hungry and flashing all over the field, making big plays.

Starting him again this week, with Devin Bush on bye week, and I feel comfortable doing so. Should be plenty of plays to be had on the field against the Chiefs. 

Nice thing is the rest of the country gets to watch him on Prime Time Thursday Night, which typically favors defenses. I think he will rise to the occasion and will have a nice game.

@Bronco Billy yep, I too am glad I got in early on LB AJ Johnson in my dynasty league, hoping I can still land him in my redraft tonight :fingers crossed:

Anyone got a feel for LAR LB Troy Reeder? Wondering if he'll remain at ILB, or does Matthews returning to OLB in a few weeks facilitate their new commodity LB BYoung moving to ILB next to Littleton?

@ST. STEVEN think I lean Poyer over Edmunds due to a possible lack of opportunity :shrug:

Couple other names:

DE Jonathan Allen WAS has been tearing it up since his return 2 weeks ago. DT Jarran Reed SEA returns from suspension.

LB David Mayo NYG has filled in nicely and produced 19 solos + 11 asst + 0.5 sacks over the last 3 weeks as a starter.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Heck of a solid 1 week stream with DEN D/ST and Davis at IDP...but I revert back to BUF D/ST this week.

That means struggling whom to start at IDP from them...I never suspected that it would be an issue, as Edmunds seemed so automatic?

@FollowTheLeader @Bronco Billy or whomever, is it an Edmunds week or Poyer week?? Feels like matchup and likely script would favor Poyer, no?

Edmunds is more consistent and Poyer has higher upside due to big plays.  Is your scoring slanted to tackles or splash plays?  Also, if you’re a solid favorite then maybe settle for Edmunds points.  If you’re the underdog it might be worth starting Poyer.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Couple other names:

DE Jonathan Allen WAS has been tearing it up since his return 2 weeks ago. DT Jarran Reed SEA returns from suspension.

LB David Mayo NYG has filled in nicely and produced 19 solos + 11 asst + 0.5 sacks over the last 3 weeks as a starter.

Mayo is a good call with NY being so shorthanded at LB.  He’s mediocre but there’s going to be a lot of opportunity.

Allen is interesting.  Been getting it done with both tackles and sacks.  He did do it against O-lines that have been struggling.  Worth a look though for sure.

Edited by Bronco Billy

42 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Edmunds is more consistent and Poyer has higher upside due to big plays.  Is your scoring slanted to tackles or splash plays?  Also, if you’re a solid favorite then maybe settle for Edmunds points.  If you’re the underdog it might be worth starting Poyer.

Appreciate the reply, the system is more tackle based (1pt solo/.5 asst tackle) but also rewards 2 for fumble forced/recovered, 2 for a sack and 3 for a int, 8 for a TD return with .5 for a pass defended...mostly look for inside backers that have a shot at over 6/7 solos...but Edmunds has had a difficult time getting to that thresholds. It is a deep 16 team keeper league and I have had a very good year despite being down Saquon and having an under-performing JuJu-- I am a 30 pt favorite in both matches this week. 

18 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Anyone got a feel for LAR LB Troy Reeder? Wondering if he'll remain at ILB, or does Matthews returning to OLB in a few weeks facilitate their new commodity LB BYoung moving to ILB next to Littleton?

Bump

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Bump

From what I am gathering, there is no way to project Reeder moving forward.  He only played 62% of D snaps last week and looked to have ousted Hager completely.  Then LA acquired Kenny Young from BAL and that threw Reeder’s share into complete flux again.  Young looked good at times in BAL and could displace Reeder, share with him, or end up as depth.

I can’t find any strong handle on the situation.

For those of you in start 11 or CB broken out leagues, 2nd year CB Tre Herndon is starting in JAX with Ramsey being traded.  He played 100% of D snaps while Ramsey sat out and lead the team in tackles last week.

Probably available for a minimum bid right now on your WW and looks to have some decent upside.

Feels like another Poyer>Edmunds week with PHI on the schedule?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Man he looked almost Donald-ish, just putting linemen on skates. Big boost to the TEN D for the stretch.

Sooooo, last week in -As the Bills Defense Turns- Milano post a huge tackle total and Edmunds finally has a pretty big game, Poyer still was solid...now this week Washington come to upstate NY...seems like AP is limited but is a warrior and feels likely to go, Keenum no idea if he gets cleared? Lord knows new coach Billy C wants to 'establish it' so gotta roll my IDP slot to one of the LBs, right? Which one, anyone got a feeling? Thanks in advance!

On 9/13/2019 at 6:53 PM, wendellrott said:

Forum needs a place to hold an IDP Conversation, thought I'd start one...see if it flies or not

JJ Watt could be bust this year 

Doh! He did, but due to injury. Picked up Ioannidis. 

@FollowTheLeader@Bronco Billy@PizzaBeerFF

Who gets the best tackle numbers for BUF this week (at MIA)? Poyer, Milano or Edmunds??

Also I was able to get BAL D/ST in a trade and plan on utilizing them soon, who is the prime IDP option for them? Is it gonna be Bynes the new MLB or Onawasu? Or is it SS-Chuck Clark?? Thanks much anyone with some perspective/advice?

I am moving on from BUF D/ST and turning to BAL rest of season...anyone know where I can see their defensive player snap %s? No clue who they IDP on BAL is the play? Judon had a game last week, but hate chasing. Thanks if anyone can assist!