Sign in to follow this  
IcemanIL

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

- looking at his status of missing some games beginning of the season, where do you see him this season?

- Would take Bill over him?

- will he miss significant time?

Because usually teams have cautious approach I expect he doesn't return earlier as end of November. If he misses almost 20 games, I don't draft him at 1st or 2nd round. That is not "some games" as IcemanIL said.

18 hours ago, IcemanIL said:

- looking at his status of missing some games beginning of the season, where do you see him this season?

- Would take Bill over him?

- will he miss significant time?

Who is Bill? If that's your buddy from high school or something then no, I am not drafting him over Paul George.

• Haha 3

Last I read they expect him to return mid to late November. I can live with that. What will make me shy away from drafting him is the number of healthy DNPs he will be getting along with Kawhi for load management. We will be lucky to see PG13 suit up for 65 games. I think 65 games is the max. I predict both PG13 and Kawhi won't be playing in any back to backs for the entire year, either they take turns, or they both sit together, they don't really care. As long as they are in the playoffs and both guys are healthy, that's all they care about. Which is bad for fantasy. I dig PG13 he is an top talent, but I hate the situation.

• Like 2

do u guys think PG has any aspirations to get MVP at all? If not this year maybe next year if clippers win the chip this year. 

9 hours ago, qpeeters said:

Who is Bill? If that's your buddy from high school or something then no, I am not drafting him over Paul George.

I think he must mean Beal? Either a weird autocorrect or maybe if someone had never read his name and only heard it spoken maybe you could hear Bill?

Edited by s-kayos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

do u guys think PG has any aspirations to get MVP at all? If not this year maybe next year if clippers win the chip this year. 

I think he is a competitive guy so of course he wants to be great. Personally, I don't think he has much of a chance to win an MVP award since his game is very similar to Kawhi and Kawhi does it a little better than he does and will probably vulture too many votes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pyschout said:

A mod should move some of these posts to a new thread, if possible.

Thanks for letting us know...you can always report it and we will take care of it or you can shoot me a message a let me know. Thanks

On 9/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Would it be wise to shop him around in dynasty, shoulders got me shook. Still only 29, I want to hold as i'm still competing. 

His price in dynasty should already be discounted because of his age, primarily. If you are competing you are probably best served keeping him because you should not realize a huge haul for him if your dynasty is competitive. I think PG ages decently well, but the team is being superfied and the prime window of his career is closing....not to mention injuries are mounting up. 

• Like 1

PG and Kawhi are absolute do not touch players for me because I only play H2H.

PG13 is worth drafting for roto in early to mid 2nd round.

13 hours ago, DZaak said:

Yup, expecting both of them to get their rest games in. You already get the sense that the Clippers have no desire to push them hard this season so they're ready for the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, DZaak said:

I'd almost completely agree. If PG is sitting there at 20 or so I'll probably pounce though. I doubt he'll be there.

I'm never drafting an injured player again after making that epic mistake with Kawhi a couple of years ago. Never again. 

• Like 3

INJ TAG please. 

What happened?   Paul George is INJ !!!

Edited by Tonimn

not touching PG this year unless he falls down to late round 2. Reports say he is out until November. When he returns, he is guaranteed to get multiple alternating day offs with kawhi Leonard. I have him in a keeper league and will sell him if I can get a top 15 player in return. Will be rested quite often as long as he is in Clippers

3 hours ago, a-rob said:

not touching PG this year unless he falls down to late round 2. Reports say he is out until November. When he returns, he is guaranteed to get multiple alternating day offs with kawhi Leonard. I have him in a keeper league and will sell him if I can get a top 15 player in return. Will be rested quite often as long as he is in Clippers

I drafted PG with my 13

But without Inj Tag PG is only the 25-30. What happened with the Inj Tag?  Is OUT I need the iNJ...

On 9/13/2019 at 3:01 AM, a-rob said:

Last I read they expect him to return mid to late November. I can live with that. What will make me shy away from drafting him is the number of healthy DNPs he will be getting along with Kawhi for load management. We will be lucky to see PG13 suit up for 65 games. I think 65 games is the max. I predict both PG13 and Kawhi won't be playing in any back to backs for the entire year, either they take turns, or they both sit together, they don't really care. As long as they are in the playoffs and both guys are healthy, that's all they care about. Which is bad for fantasy. I dig PG13 he is an top talent, but I hate the situation.

You really think Clippers can afford to rest those guys significant amount of games? They're not that stacked, they will struggle to win games in the West without those two.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, driss lol said:

You really think Clippers can afford to rest those guys significant amount of games? They're not that stacked, they will struggle to win games in the West without those two.

PG if healthy will be rested less than Kawhi for sure. So might even draft him over Kawhi in H2H leagues. Problem with Kawhi is his group controls his schedule, with PG it is up to the coaching staff to decide so it won't be as bad as Kawhi's. I might target PG anywhere from picks 15-22. But he should be top 10 if not for this

The shoulder issue is a concern, but I think this load management thing for both him and Kawhi is getting nuts. I don't think they will rest as much as people think. West is even tougher than last season and the Clippers roster is really good, but it becomes just average without those two and even with one of them you cannot say it has home advantage locked, not even close. PG never in his career needed load management and if shoulder is fine he will play most of the games he is available. For Kawhi I think he took it easy last season because he missed almost entirely the season prior to it, but he should be in better shape now. They are both young as well at 29 and 28 years old. Physically they should be at their peak.

Edited by RipCity0

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

The shoulder issue is a concern, but I think this load management thing for both him and Kawhi is getting nuts. I don't think they will rest as much as people think. West is even tougher than last season and the Clippers roster is really good, but it becomes just average without those two and even with one of them you cannot say it has home advantage locked, not even close. PG never in his career needed load management and if shoulder is fine he will play most of the games he is available. For Kawhi I think he took it easy last season because he missed almost entirely the season prior to it, but he should be in better shape now. They are both young as well at 29 and 28 years old. Physically they should be at their peak.

Kawhi took about a year of rest before playing for the Raptors last year. And even Kawhi himself acknowledged the load management program worked for him. So it will happen again this year for Kawhi. And it is KAWHI and not the Clippers who will decide when he will get day offs. Just like last year with the Raptors. For PG13, it will be up to the medical / Clippers coaching staff. I think you will see PG13 rested in some B2Bs and some easy games if they feel he needs a rest. But it will not be as bad as Kawhi's. PG13's day offs will be more in line with other players around the league.

If PG13 is 100% he will probably be a better pick than kawhi. Kawhi is the better player in reality, but PG13 in fantasy is almost as good if not better than kawhi, and he will play more games if both are healthy.

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Kawhi took about a year of rest before playing for the Raptors last year. And even Kawhi himself acknowledged the load management program worked for him. So it will happen again this year for Kawhi. And it is KAWHI and not the Clippers who will decide when he will get day offs. Just like last year with the Raptors. For PG13, it will be up to the medical / Clippers coaching staff. I think you will see PG13 rested in some B2Bs and some easy games if they feel he needs a rest. But it will not be as bad as Kawhi's. PG13's day offs will be more in line with other players around the league.

If PG13 is 100% he will probably be a better pick than kawhi. Kawhi is the better player in reality, but PG13 in fantasy is almost as good if not better than kawhi, and he will play more games if both are healthy.

Kawhi