IcemanIL

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, apatas said:

Six games was said.

Six games....    What happened with the INJ TAG?  

In keeper leagues where guys got PG in lets say late 2nd or even early 3rd depending on league size, obv if healthy owners would keep him but are keeper league owners still keeping him with the injury going on? or are we thinking the injury makes him fall to about his ADP last year anyway?

On 10/1/2019 at 4:29 AM, a-rob said:

Give it a break why so obsessed with PG13 inj tag??

I'm in competitive leagues, and the IL is very important. 

Where are you guys drafting him? I've seen him slip into the 20's, pairing him with Harden or one of these bigs in a punt FG% or punt AST seems dominant

21 minutes ago, Saucy said:

Where are you guys drafting him? I've seen him slip into the 20's, pairing him with Harden or one of these bigs in a punt FG% or punt AST seems dominant

He's injured to start the season, he'll miss a ton of games, and after double shoulder surgeries it's uncertain if he'll be the same Paul George as last year. 

I won't be drafting him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

He's injured to start the season, he'll miss a ton of games, and after double shoulder surgeries it's uncertain if he'll be the same Paul George as last year. 

I won't be drafting him. 

Co-sign

Putting your team at a disadvantage with no 2nd rounder for the first 4 weeks maybe more in H2H is a steep hill climb rest of season to make the playoffs. You better stack the categories PG contributes in for the rest of the draft or hope for match-ups against the bottom feeders in your league. If he was there in round 3 of a standard league it would become hard to pass up. 

7 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Co-sign

You taught me that lesson after I drafted Kawhi that one year, old friend. 👨‍🏫🐖

• Haha 1

In third round I have 34th pick this year draft (I play only in one standard league) and I think if PG13 is available I could take him, not yet sure.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, kmoore1521 said:

In keeper leagues where guys got PG in lets say late 2nd or even early 3rd depending on league size, obv if healthy owners would keep him but are keeper league owners still keeping him with the injury going on? or are we thinking the injury makes him fall to about his ADP last year anyway?

I'm in this situation, i have PG kept in the 2nd/3rd round with Irving. There's no choice but to keep him, I'll draft no one close to his level if  I don't keep him.

the key is to stay away all season and don't get suckered in and trade for him when hes healthy dropping 5/5 35 pt lines. dnd along with kristaps

• Like 1

I caved in and drafted him. Auction price was 40$ which is well below his average price. It is a roto league so i could do stretches of him not playing. Having that said, I am having buyer’s remorse. Good luck to us all. 

7 minutes ago, kane said:

spacer.png

So 72 games is his ceiling, which no doubt he won't get to. Plus load management days. Their goal is a championship ( you can't count on him in the playoffs ) but that's irrelevant.

50 to 60 games max.

• Like 1

Computer issues forced me to auto draft him for $50 in a 16 team. I was livid until I saw people with money at the end of the draft do things such as Sabonis and Isaac for $33 each.  Then I didn’t feel so bad.  Managed to craft an interesting punt FG/Reb build.

I had my desktop muted and didn't realize it was my turn, and accidentally drafted him in the 2nd round LOL.

Only consolation is that it's roto with games limit and an IL spot, but still...hurts man :(

• Like 1

Just now, fabrar said:

I had my desktop muted and didn't realize it was my turn, and accidentally drafted him in the 2nd round LOL.

Only consolation is that it's roto with games limit and an IL spot, but still...hurts man :(

Similar happened to me.  Had presets, but didn't think to adjust PG13.  I was on the auction draft when my internet cut out.  Reloaded to see I had him for $50 in a H2H auction draft.  Fortunately, it was a 16 team league with short benches so everyone goes for twice what they're worth.  $50 for PG13 seems genius compared to other picks.

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Similar happened to me.  Had presets, but didn't think to adjust PG13.  I was on the auction draft when my internet cut out.  Reloaded to see I had him for $50 in a H2H auction draft.  Fortunately, it was a 16 team league with short benches so everyone goes for twice what they're worth.  $50 for PG13 seems genius compared to other picks.

Best case scenario is that he misses 6-10 games, and I can just put him in my IL and stream that spot. Also since it's roto, I can save on some games played until he comes back to full strength. 

I got Lillard with my first pick and I actually really like that 1-2 combo, very fun.

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Best case scenario is that he misses 6-10 games, and I can just put him in my IL and stream that spot. Also since it's roto, I can save on some games played until he comes back to full strength. 

I got Lillard with my first pick and I actually really like that 1-2 combo, very fun.

My league is a deep H2H so as long as I don't miss the playoffs because of it, it's whatever.  Still frustrating, but I'm coming around to liking my team.

7 hours ago, fabrar said:

I had that pair last season, won me my league easily. Hopefully he’s healthy after those first 10 games 

5 hours ago, hkchuchu said:

Why the INJ tag has been removed??

Yes, what happened?  It's a BIG problem. I can't make any move now. 

so out 10 games at least, then another 5 during the year minimum for resting then another 5 games till he gets 100% rhythm = 65 games = 3rd round value at best? 9-cat roto, given he replicates the same numbers as last year which were exceptional

what you guys think?