IcemanIL

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

 

Let's keep this clear of AC questions

Fair point, but i think if it specifically concerns the player in question, in this case PG, trade question should probably be allowed. IDK what the consensus is on this though/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://alongtheboards.com/2019/10/29/doc-rivers-planning-for-paul-george-to-miss-six-more-games/

Not really much of an update and no new news but Doc again seems to confirm that the timeline is the first 10 games missed. This would mean that he could be returning on their 11th game, which is November 13th.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, boys!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fabrar said:

https://alongtheboards.com/2019/10/29/doc-rivers-planning-for-paul-george-to-miss-six-more-games/

Not really much of an update and no new news but Doc again seems to confirm that the timeline is the first 10 games missed. This would mean that he could be returning on their 11th game, which is November 13th.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, boys!

If that's the case then I should be in good shape.  I'm around .500 now in the H2H I have him in.  Tbh he's been out of sight, out of mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

If that's the case then I should be in good shape.  I'm around .500 now in the H2H I have him in.  Tbh he's been out of sight, out of mind.

I have george griffin conley reggie and jrue and i tied my first week. For me he has definitely been out of sight but has 💯 % been on my mind. I can only hope for some sort of production similar to what he did last season. I have a ticket for the PG train, just gotta wait 2 weeks to board!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I have george griffin conley reggie and jrue and i tied my first week. For me he has definitely been out of sight but has 💯 % been on my mind. I can only hope for some sort of production similar to what he did last season. I have a ticket for the PG train, just gotta wait 2 weeks to board!!!

Definitely think production will be similar to last season. Kawhi is not exactly a ball hog and everyone on the Clippers shares the ball pretty well. He might even end up being the highest scorer on the team since it looks like Kawhi is actually becoming a solid distributor this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I have george griffin conley reggie and jrue and i tied my first week. For me he has definitely been out of sight but has 💯 % been on my mind. I can only hope for some sort of production similar to what he did last season. I have a ticket for the PG train, just gotta wait 2 weeks to board!!!

 

Feel your pain....got George, Conley, Jrue and Ayton but still treading water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

 

Feel your pain....got George, Conley, Jrue and Ayton but still treading water

Lol also have George, Conley and Ayton and I'm last place in my roto league right now. Doesn't help that RoCo has barely gotten any stocks and I also drafted Gasol and Favors, who have completely sh*t the bed as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only got PG13 since this was an IR money league but so far Anthony "Harden" Davis and Lowry and my solid core of bench players have been carrying my team heavy. 
I do hope he comes back asap, I don't think my bench players are going to keep this hot start up all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Lol also have George, Conley and Ayton and I'm last place in my roto league right now. Doesn't help that RoCo has barely gotten any stocks and I also drafted Gasol and Favors, who have completely sh*t the bed as well. 

I forgot I have RoCo too lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clippers coach Doc Rivers provided an update on Paul George (shoulders) on Sunday.

"He's been going hard. He's doing more live work. Just not in a 5-on-5 yet," Rivers said. "Hopefully, next week we start doing that. I'll give you that much. Then we go from there." This quote came right after George went through 3-on-3 work, so it sounds like he's on track for a return around mid-November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like that update is in line with all the ones we have heard so far. He is ramping up work with 5 on 5 being the last barrier to pass (aka practicing with the team). 

Mid-November seems like a realistic timeline given that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They way things are going, he might beat Blake back on the court

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Sam Amick of the Athletic

In terms of a specific return date for George, sources tell The Athletic the Clippers are focused on the back-to-back set of road games at Houston (Nov. 13) and New Orleans (Nov. 14). If he plays against the Rockets, he’s not expected to play in the Pelicans game.

There is also a less likely chance he returns before (perhaps Monday at home against Toronto) or after (possibly the home game against Atlanta on Nov. 16), but the back-to-back set is considered the most likely for his Clippers debut. And once he’s back, we’ll all be reminded why Leonard’s aggressive pursuit of this partnership back in July made so much sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

From Sam Amick of the Athletic

In terms of a specific return date for George, sources tell The Athletic the Clippers are focused on the back-to-back set of road games at Houston (Nov. 13) and New Orleans (Nov. 14). If he plays against the Rockets, he’s not expected to play in the Pelicans game.

There is also a less likely chance he returns before (perhaps Monday at home against Toronto) or after (possibly the home game against Atlanta on Nov. 16), but the back-to-back set is considered the most likely for his Clippers debut. And once he’s back, we’ll all be reminded why Leonard’s aggressive pursuit of this partnership back in July made so much sense.

spacer.png

Traded a fourth rounder and ww pickup for him.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest worry as someone who drafted PG was that it would be one of those injuries that a) had a setback or b) had a floating time target that was off by a few weeks.

At the time I was drafting people thought he may even miss up to December. Having him back mid-November and letting him work off the minute restriction for the month of November in order to be locked and loaded for rest of season is great news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 3 player last year. I don’t love taking chances on injured players but I have to admit, the upside is tantalizing. And the rehab has gone as smooth as one can hope indicating he is 100% healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

spacer.png

Traded a fourth rounder and ww pickup for him.

 

which 4th rounder are we talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, blabety said:

 

which 4th rounder are we talking about?

Tobias Harris. However I took advantage of the Curry news and sent a trade. He might've freaked out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Tobias Harris. However I took advantage of the Curry news and sent a trade. He might've freaked out

 

wow. well done sir. That's a steal, of which Paul George will average 2.3

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul George (shoulders) is reportedly targeting a return for the Clippers' upcoming back-to-back set on November 13-14.

There's a chance that PG-13 will make it back to the court for Monday's game against the Raptors, but the Wednesday-Thursday back-to-back in Houston and New Orleans seems like a more likely potential return date. It'll be interesting to see how he handles load management, but in the past, George hasn't really been a guy to take random games off. Once he's back, the values of JaMychal Green and Moe Harkless will take a fairly large hit.

Pls come save me Based George!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Paul George (shoulders) is reportedly targeting a return for the Clippers' upcoming back-to-back set on November 13-14.

There's a chance that PG-13 will make it back to the court for Monday's game against the Raptors, but the Wednesday-Thursday back-to-back in Houston and New Orleans seems like a more likely potential return date. It'll be interesting to see how he handles load management, but in the past, George hasn't really been a guy to take random games off. Once he's back, the values of JaMychal Green and Moe Harkless will take a fairly large hit.

Pls come save me Based George!

spacer.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I’m so excited. Early return! 

How are my fellow PG owners doing so far? We been without our 2nd rder for couple weeks now 😕

This would def shake up standings a bit: Struggling teams are going to get a nice boost, middling teams on way to being big dogs, and if your dominating without him...ship ship? Lol  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...