Sign in to follow this  
WahooManiac

Celebration Thread 2019- Victory is Mine

Two teams this year, 3rd in a 20 team h2h and 2nd in a 10 team h2h. Last year was my first year playing and finished 2nd in a 10 team h2h. Hopefully next year I finally get that first place finish. 

• Like 2

Third for me, after a flat out historically unlucky final day prevented me from getting second.  My greatest year so far.  I’ve won before,but this year was special.  I had 27 starters on the injured list, was dead last in July.  Had a fire sale,traded a lot of stars for better draft picks and stil got money.  Thanks anyone and everyone on these forums for advice that helped this year and with my keepers.  Anyone that touted Keston and yordan, I’m very grateful.  Was fun,stressful, but fun, good luck everyone. See you in 2020.

• Like 2

Flipped last categories with late appearance by Chris Bassit, who probably should have been cut earlier and a W by Ian Kennedy.  Thank you guys!

2 teams= 2 1st place finishes. 

1 Dynasty

1 3 person keeper 

Mookie Betts’ BB in the bottom of the 9th inning means I win my dynasty league for the 7th year in a row. Most of my starting pitchers were crap this week but my hitters decided to show up. 

I finally won my keeper league even though I was losing until yesterday. Matz and Lynn gave me two huge wins. 

Fantasy baseball can be a real grind but it makes winning feel oh so good. Congrats to everyone who won their league!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

AL only league win thanks to many. Should have been way easier, but the 2nd place team had a dream season with a ton of guys over performing and no serious injuries. Traded a bunch of keepers, but flags fly forever.

NL only, finished 3rd after a complete pitching collapse. Didn't draft pitching well, but only needed a few more points. Collapse in the last few weeks doomed me. Oh, well. Still in the money!

Lost my Dynasty 6 to 7 (second year in a row finishing second by the same score)

Won a keep 6 11-0

Lost a redraft 2 to 6

Won 3rd place in a keep 4. Last 4 years finished 2,2, 1, and now third

Lost 4 to 6 in a keep 6 to finish 6th

All in all was a good year for fantasy. 

1st time playing fantasy baseball, although a 23-yr vet of fantasy football. Casual baseball fan, by no means knowledgable compared to most of you on this site.

Pulled out a chip win today despite losing some of my top players (Yelich, S Marte, K Marte).  Built up a nice lead through Thursday before me team hit the skids.  Thankfully I was able to hold on the last few days.  Not a huge payday, but its winner take all, so that's nice.

Why people play H2H championships this week is beyond me.  Half my team was riding the pine the last few days and we only have 5 pickups per week which I used on pitchers.

• Like 1

never played fantasy baseball (or any fantasy sports) b4 but had alot of fun. Finished in third place out of 12. This forum helped me out alot, cant wait to play again next year

Went full rebuild mode last season in my Dynasty league, trading away my established stars for top prospects/draft picks, and ended up finishing in last place. Here we are a year later and the rebuild worked far more quickly than expected, with me winning the whole darn thing while finishing 2nd in the standings during the regular season. Shoutout to my young studs who were integral in making the jump so quickly. Full seasons from Acuna, Soto, Alonso, Paddack, Soroka, Meadows, etc

• Like 1

I played in 4 fantasy leagues this year..I won 2 ..1st place..but 2 I finished out of the money. (but was close).

Team 1 (10 Team Keeper league)

Assembled one of the most dominant regular season teams ever.  But in this league only playoffs count for prize money.

C Garver

1B Bellinger (Oh how I loved thee)

2B Lemahieu

SS  Lindor

3B Bryant

OF Yordan Alvarez

OF Puig

OF Kepler

Util Nelly Cruz

Util Story

Bench Tatis Jr, Urshela, Hiura

Pitchers (Cole, Lynn, Soroka, Ryu, Montas, Melancon, Hand, Workman, Hudson)

Won in the Playoffs..Victory is Mine!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 3:25 PM, Stallion said:

Well I got rolled in this week's final. But on a positive note, I've made the final in my other two leagues, so I can say I've made 3/3 finals and have the chance for two titles!

Nervous about my keeper league final though. I have both Marte's, Bell and Bichette, all DTD (teams don't like using the DL with expanded rosters apparently) and all undroppable in this format.

Update: I won my two finals that I had this week. 2 firsts and a second out my three leagues is a hell of a year.

• Like 1

I played in 3 league this year, 2 teams were miserable.

However, I won the title in my favorite league.

First year in a 16 team 7*7 H2H contract league, contending in 10~12th spot all the season, and trying to be competitive over next few years.

Get Flaherty and $1 Soler in mid season really safe my team.

Luckily get the last ticket to playoff in the final week.

10-2, 8-5 in first and second round.

This week, I win all pithing categories, but almost lose all batting categories in small difference. Fortunately, I tie the HR today, and finally win the trophy!

Thank to Arenado, Meadows, Soler, Hiura, W.Calhoun, C.Vazquez, Greinke, Castillo, Flaherty,  Glasnow who help me get Flaherty, Miley and German(except Sept.) , Samardzija, Oakland bullpens, and Khris Davis in the first week of playoff.

Been reading these forums since the days of markdash and Titanium Man, but post so rarely I had to start a new account because I couldn’t remember what the hell my login info was.   Been in a very competitive 10 team 8x8 redraft (we just like it that way) with mostly the same bunch for 17 years.  I’ve been kinda successful having been in the finals 5 of the last 7 years, winning 3.  I’d won before that too, but I’ve gotten more consistent.   But thought I’d post in this thread this year just because this year’s title was the sweetest of all because I had to work so hard.  It’s always a lot of work to win, but this was just tougher than normal.  The first half of my draft was wrecked by injuries like never before and a couple of high picks that weren’t exactly bad but also not worth where they were drafted.   But I was pretty quick on the draw with prospects/rookies and wound up with Alonso, Tatis, Alvarez, Soroka, McNeil, and Bichette.  Played the wire well and outmanaged opponents on weekly adds.  It was a hell of a grind and I began August in first place.   Hit a rough patch in August and got into the playoffs as fourth of four.   Played the number one reg season team in the semis and got him.   Played the number two team in the finals and got him too.  It was just a lot of work, a grind from start to finish, and another title. Again, I’ve won several times but it feels good to overcome really tough challenges to find a way to win.  

• Like 6

Went 3/3 in league championships this year. Lance Lynn in all three was pivotal, including a dramatic come from behind win in my 14 team, $500/head league. Best year of fantasy baseball in my life.

• Like 5

I won 3/11 leagues this season. I put out 700 and won back 2250 so pretty good ROI. Could of been a better season as I ended up with byes in 7 of 11 leagues. 

The biggest prize I won was 800 my one h2h points league. Came down to Gerrit Cole getting the win for me to win that pretty sweet. Actually one of my other title teams had Cole as well what a run by him this season.

Anyways first season on these forums and got to say the info from the posters is great. Really helps esp with new pick ups to read everyones takes. Thanks everyone!

2nd year in AL only league and I got $1200 coming home to the Champ. 

I lost Shane Greene and Trevor Bauer to the NL. Chris Sale sucked for me all year. Traded Jorge Soler for Charlie Morton and Carlos Santana. Then traded Carlos for Frankie Lindor. Traded young phenom Wander Franco for Jose Ramirez. All while Gleyber, Springer, and J.D. kept mashing throughout the year. Ken Giles when healthy was good. Amazing waiver wire claims of Mitch Garver, Danny Santana, and Anthony Santander. Also paid the highest price ever in our league for Zack Greinke, forcing me to change my name to Young Steinbrenner. 

And last but not least, to my Ace of all Aces Gerrit Cole. Kid was insane this year. For $1.10, I think I'll be keeping him around for a little while.

Congrats to the rest of the winners out there, and if not, we have a saying in Cleveland. There's always next year!!!

Edited by Jarbo204

Won the only league that I play... our 27 year old, 12 team 6x6 auction roto keeper league with lifelong friends in the Cleveland area. My fourth title (1998, 2007, 2017, 2019). Really tough league to win as all of the owners are very knowledgable and competitive.  The thing is, I absolutely dominated it this year. The previous largest margin of victory in the history of the league was 11 points. I won by 25!

Won 3, took 2nd in another.  For some reason the lower stakes HTH feels better especially when I won wins with 40 less IP for the week lol.

only won 1. four 2nd place finishes. historically awful final week  thanks Flaherty for saving me. 

Hi friends, I've been mostly playing MLB The Show this year but decided to hop on here to post about my results. I'm notorious for doing a s--- load for leagues. In 2018 I did 58 leagues.

This year I went back a bit and did only 36 leagues. 

League Distribution 2019:
ROTO LEAGUES: 15
H2H: 21

EOS 2019:
1st or 2nd: 11/21 (So I was ranked first or second in my H2H leagues at the end of the season before playoffs)
Top 6: 20/21
Worse: 1

FINAL FINISHES 2019:
H2H:
1st: 7
2nd: 7
3rd: 3
4th: 2
5th: 1
6th: 
7th: 1

So I won 7/21 of my H2H leagues in 2019 or 33%

ROTO:
1st: 6
2nd: 6
3rd: 1
4th: 1
5th:
6th: 1

So I won 40% of my Roto leagues and I was top 2 in 80% of them. 

These are for the most part Yahoo public leagues. A few of them are more competitive. 

I think I did OK. Mixed feelings about the results. 

2nd this year in my big money 12 man roto league. Last 8 years looks like:

2012: 3rd

2013: 2nd

2014: 1st

2015: 6th

2016: 1st

2017: 2nd

2018: 1st

2019: 2nd

b2b Champion in my 10 team H2H. Won my chip with waiver wire wonders after getting decimated by injuries to Yelich, Ketel Marte, Tatis Jr, Bell, Giolito, and Torres. Tommy Edman was my championship MVP. Also special thanks to players like Kestion Hiura, Aristides Aquino, Cavan Biggio, and Eloy Jimenez. All players I will be actively seeking at great prices next year.