Willie015

#1 Overall Pick Trade

I am in an 18 team dynasty league and I have the #1 pick. My team is pretty bad overall with no star players. The scoring is weekly points.

I got a trade offer and it’s like this

Send: #1 Pick 

Receive: #2 Pick and Lauri Markkanen

Do I accept this trade or not?

• Like 1

I would. I am not high on Zion. I would take Ja and Lauri over Zion in a dynasty. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I would. I am not high on Zion. I would take Ja and Lauri over Zion in a dynasty. 

I agree with thezing1, would take it for sure. A morant/lauri combo in dynasty should set you up

I would take Lauri/2nd pick. The only reason I wouldn't would be if I had a very good team in a shallow league, which does not appear to be the case.

• Like 1

I am late to the party here, but my 2 cents - canvas the league and try get a better offer, if you haven't already, and if that is the best on the table, then yes still do it. Agree with everyone above. I think Zion is a bit over rated. I dont think he will suck, but I have doubts about the perennial top 10 upside most have him pegged for. Lauri + Ja could be amazing. I think it's at least a 50% chance Ja is the best player from this class. And someone out there is likely willing to give up a ton for zion.

For a reference point, in case it helps, I just did the following trade in a 12 team, 8 cat, dynasty, and I am very stoked. 

I Send - Zion, Dennis Smith jr, Kevin Knox, otto porter jr

I receive - Damian lillard, Pascal siakam, Zach Collins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottiePuffin said:

I am late to the party here, but my 2 cents - canvas the league and try get a better offer, if you haven't already, and if that is the best on the table, then yes still do it. Agree with everyone above. I think Zion is a bit over rated. I dont think he will suck, but I have doubts about the perennial top 10 upside most have him pegged for. Lauri + Ja could be amazing. I think it's at least a 50% chance Ja is the best player from this class. And someone out there is likely willing to give up a ton for zion.

For a reference point, in case it helps, I just did the following trade in a 12 team, 8 cat, dynasty, and I am very stoked. 

I Send - Zion, Dennis Smith jr, Kevin Knox, otto porter jr

I receive - Damian lillard, Pascal siakam, Zach Collins 

That is quite the haul! Curious how people feel about Collins in Dynasty

With regards to the original question, seeing how its 18 teamer, even if you believe in Zion, depth matters more so I'd like to second the previous suggestion of shopping it and then taking it unless you get a better offer

4 hours ago, chaiway said:

That is quite the haul! Curious how people feel about Collins in Dynasty

With regards to the original question, seeing how its 18 teamer, even if you believe in Zion, depth matters more so I'd like to second the previous suggestion of shopping it and then taking it unless you get a better offer

Yeah good point regarding 18 vs 12 team. I am sure no one will give up that much in 18. Push for as much as you can, and if that's Lauri/Ja, then that will do.

Regarding Collins, i think i am pretty high on him in dynasty compared to most. While I don't expect him to break out in a big way this year, i think that's coming another year or two down the line. Think he needs a little more time to get his body up to nba standards. But his high level skill set and shot blocking ability make him very intriguing. I was stoked to get him as a cherry on top in my Zion deal. I think that will look pretty good 2-3 years from now. See him as someone who will pitch in a little across the board with good blocks and good percentages.

Do it! Zion is going to be nice, but he is over hypppppeeeed! Poor FT% no 3s, how can he become a top 10 player like rotoworld experts are already making him to be??