brockpapersizer

2021 Breakout Prospects

This subforum is basically dead now with the minor league season over and fantasy football running. 

Who do you have breaking out in 2021 than you should buy in low on now.  Guys outside the top 100 who will be consensus top 100 guys or guys who are in the latter half off the 100 and wil be top 5-10 guys soon.

• Like 1

A few notables that I think will race up to top 50 or better include Brennen Davis, Brailyn Marquez, Corbin Carroll, Alek Thomas and Daniel Espino. On a slightly lesser level,  I think both Miguel Hiraldo and Jeter Downs could get a lot more attention next year.

• Like 3

Not all of these guys are outside the top 100 and some could even pop up to the Show in 2020, but some less talked-about names that might be good bargains right now:

OF Trevor Larnach - Min

OF Julio Rodriguez - Sea

1B  Grant Levigne - Col

OF Travis Swaggerty - Pit

1B/3B Triston Casas - Bos

OF Kyle Isbel - KC

OF Lewin Diaz - Mia

SP Kris Bubic - KC

SP Jacob Heatherly - Cle

SP Brailyn Marquez - Chc

SP Edward Cabrera - Mia

SP Ethan Hankins - Cle

SP Quinn Priester - Pit

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Strike Three said:

Seth Corry and Simeon Woods Richardson

Love SWR. A lot of people laughed that he was the lead piece in the Stroman trade but I think we're going to look back in a year or two and think the Jays got a steal. Not many prospects with his type of stuff can say they put up a 2.51FIP between A and A+ in their 18 year old season. I think there's a very real chance he's top 50 by mid 2020.

I predict Noelvi Marte top 50 and Orelvis Martinez top 100 by next July.

Jordan Groshans moves into the top 25 sometime next year.

• Like 6

Now that his atrocious season is over and all the rust should have been knocked off, I'm going to go ahead and say it...

Wander Javier

The raw skill and pedigree are still there.  He's only turning 21 in December.  

People may want to jump on the Luis Matos train before it leaves the station.  Gabriel Arias sort of had a breakout but I'm sure he's still available in plenty of leagues.  Luis Frias with the Diamondbacks is someone would could potentially jump into the top 50 at some point.  I think we could see Trent Deveaux make some strides next season.  Daniel Espino is someone I'd look to target in a FYPD if I'm looking for a new arm to develop.  I think Parker Meadows has a good 2020.  It'll be a important year for Bubba Thompson out of Texas.  Ryan Vilade is finally showing some power and if he can consistently tap into it next season, he's going to be a high riser.  Young SS Alexander Vargas will be a hot name to follow as well.

Edited by I like baseball
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Gobux1970 said:

Groshans was my favorite low key prospect heading into the 2019 season. Does anyone know if he’s still alive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gobux1970 said:

Yeah this Marte kid gives me a total vibe of a major riser (prob already is I suppose)...but could make a big leap soon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah this Marte kid gives me a total vibe of a major riser (prob already is I suppose)...but could make a big leap soon

Yep. Gonna pile onto the Marte hype train before it leaves the station. 

Stats in rookie ball were unreal and it looks like he's got wheels too. 

Going into this year I thought it'd be Antoni Flores but I didn't see enough there. 

Marte is the deep league major riser stash. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 9:42 PM, Gobux1970 said:

Can you PLEASEEEE keep Groshans named out these forums until after I draft? Thanks man!! 😊

• Like 1

RHP Jhoan Duran has developed very nicely for the Twins since being traded from the Dbacks in the Eduardo Escobar trade.  Duran is a big guy who throws in the triple digits.  He pitched some in AA in 2019 and should be ready in 2021.  AL Central is a good division for a pitcher.

I see Quinn Priester and Alek Thomas mentioned in here.  Two players I like a lot as I watched them in the travel / high school circuit out here in the Chicagoland area.

I too like Seth Corry and SWR a lot they both should easily be in the top 40 next year when pre season prospect rankings come out for 2020.

I will also second Miguel Vargas... He probably does take until 2021 to really become noteable.  Once he fills out a little more and starts getting a juiced ball pitched to him his power numbers are going to see a huge jump he already is a very advanced hitter.

• Like 1