Sign in to follow this  
Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Surprised there isn’t a new thread for JJJ yet.

Lots to like here, new system that wants to push the pace + he has a very fantasy friendly game that also translates well to his actual impact on the court.

He is athletic, long, has a very advanced defensive IQ, can shoot (35% from 3 as a rookie), rim runs and has a hook shot.

Picked him in the third round (39th) of a 14 man H2H 9 cat league and I really like him there. 

Pegging him at:

30 mpg: 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO.

• Like 1

Can tell he's hit the weights his size is insane for a guy that was 19 last month, thicc. Drafting everywhere, face of the franchise. It'd be strange if he didn't blow up this year, new coach new pace Ja & JJJ will be so entertaining to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Can tell he's hit the weights his size is insane for a guy that was 19 last month, thicc. Drafting everywhere, face of the franchise. It'd be strange if he didn't blow up this year, new coach new pace Ja & JJJ will be so entertaining to watch.

Thanks for this, did some further research and seen they had THE SLOWEST pace last year and that the new coach worked under Coach Bud in Atlanta and again last year in Milwaukee so things could be looking good fantasy wise in Memphis.

2 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Surprised there isn’t a new thread for JJJ yet.

Lots to like here, new system that wants to push the pace + he has a very fantasy friendly game that also translates well to his actual impact on the court.

He is athletic, long, has a very advanced defensive IQ, can shoot (35% from 3 as a rookie), rim runs and has a hook shot.

Picked him in the third round (39th) of a 14 man H2H 9 cat league and I really like him there. 

Pegging him at:

30 mpg: 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO.

Got him in both my dyno leagues and super high on him - your prediction is close to what I have, main difference is FG% (I’m around 52%) and I think he can push towards 18ppg this season.

Edited by bkw77

3 hours ago, bkw77 said:

Got him in both my dyno leagues and super high on him - your prediction is close to what I have, main difference is FG% (I’m around 52%) and I think he can push towards 18ppg this season.

He could hit stretches of 50%+,but i’m not sold on him adjusting to being one of the top offensive options on a team just yet, especially since he projects as one of MEM’s better spot up options (lots of jumpshots). 

His shot selection is very good though; combined with his physical tools, he is unlikely to dip in the mid 40%s FG-wise over a time frame with a legit sample size.

• Like 1

Got him 72nd overall in our 18team $league. Excited for next season. Only weakness is he's always in foul trouble.

5 minutes ago, Sanjo16 said:

Got him 72nd overall in our 18team $league. Excited for next season. Only weakness is he's always in foul trouble.

Rebounding is a big weakness too for a big man. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, borgore said:

Rebounding is a big weakness too for a big man. 

I think his reb will improve to 7-8 this year. Not good but also not that bad.

9 minutes ago, Sanjo16 said:

I think his reb will improve to 7-8 this year. Not good but also not that bad.

I'd bet my left nut that he won't average more than 6-6.5 rebounds per game. It's always been his huge weakness.

If I were to choose anything to be "weak" at it would be rebounding, something he will very likely gradually improve upon just like the foul trouble. Also, there are rumours circulating he's grown an inch or two floating around. Kid destined to be one of the biggest fantasy monsters we've seen for the next decade, only thing than can derail it is lack of focus/injury.

KG.jpg

Edited by MilesBridgesBetterThanZion
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

If I were to choose anything to be "weak" at it would be rebounding, something he will very likely gradually improve upon just like the foul trouble. Also, there are rumours circulating he's grown an inch or two floating around. Kid destined to be one of the biggest fantasy monsters we've seen for the next decade, only thing than can derail it is lack of focus/injury.

KG.jpg

KG would have been at least a year younger wouldn't he ?

(course we drafted Joe Fkn Smith @1 in that draft .... )

13 minutes ago, Quazza said:

KG would have been at least a year younger wouldn't he ?

(course we drafted Joe Fkn Smith @1 in that draft .... )

Doubt it Jaren came into the league at 18 years old.

Joe smith the name alone didn't stand a chance.

23 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Doubt it Jaren came into the league at 18 years old.

Joe smith the name alone didn't stand a chance.

Kg was straight out of high school though ?

OP projection is a little high for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if he hits it. Talent is there for him to become a total monster, just not sure if the big breakout happens this season.

Edited by sleepysock

2 hours ago, sleepysock said:

OP projection is a little high for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if he hits it. Talent is there for him to become a total monster, just not sure if the big breakout happens this season.

On board the train. Expecting lower rebounds but hoping for the all around production and improvement. 

Curious how the minutes/touches will go between JJJ/JV/Clarke?

1 hour ago, chaiway said:

On board the train. Expecting lower rebounds but hoping for the all around production and improvement. 

Curious how the minutes/touches will go between JJJ/JV/Clarke?

Clarke would have to seriously show out in limited minutes to steal some of the starters minutes, I honestly think JV would suffer most because JJJ is the face of the franchise. 

14 hours ago, a-rob said:

but this guy is bigger and than KG and has better instincts on defense

Jackson currently looks like a guy who will be a really good defender in the NBA....

But KG is a top-10 defensive big man in NBA history.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Reminds me of serge ibaka

JJJ already shown that he has better offensive skill set than Ibaka in rookie season

• Like 2

Nobody has here said in what round they plan to draft JJJ. But I did a calculation by numbers what thread starter gave ( 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO) and calculated his BBM rank last season: +0,22 which was 30th place. It means JJJ is 3rd round target?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, apatas said:

Nobody has here said in what round they plan to draft JJJ. But I did a calculation by numbers what thread starter gave ( 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO) and calculated his BBM rank last season: +0,22 which was 30th place. It means JJJ is 3rd round target?

In dynasty leagues he is a late second round - early third for me.

12 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

In dynasty leagues he is a late second round - early third for me.

Of course, but I don't play dynasty.