Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/8/2019 at 5:57 AM, 12345game10 said:

all aboard the train

Curry/Vucevic/JJJ

are gonna be my dynamic trio

got the dynamic duo as well but couldn't get aboard the train of JJJ... spent my 5th on mitch rob

One of my favourite players to own last year. Stuck with him even thorugh all the foul trouble lol. I believe in JJJ. Targeting him aggressively everywhere this year, around the 3rd-4th. 

I reached for him at the 2/3 turn.

Paired him up with Curry and Vucevic.

I was thinking about Myles Turner there and I think he would have much better value, but felt that JJJ fit my composition a lot better and had a higher ceiling.

Realistically, I think JJJ tends to fall to the end of the 3rd.

He's getting way too much hype.  I'd love to draft him but he's now going at peak value around his ceiling. That's not worth it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DZaak said:

He's getting way too much hype.  I'd love to draft him but he's now going at peak value around his ceiling. That's not worth it.

3rd round is not his ceiling though ... if he fully breaks out and is a focal point for scoring on that team 1st round is his ceiling. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richg24 said:

3rd round is not his ceiling though ... if he fully breaks out and is a focal point for scoring on that team 1st round is his ceiling. 

I don't play dynasty.  If you are talking Dynasty, then absolutely I agree with you.  In a redraft though, I think he maxes out as late 2nd round value.

And notice the words you used.. "IF".. You shouldn't be drafting players with a lot of IF's with your first 2 picks.  At least in H2H.

• Like 3

Damn not sure what the hype is on this kid to be drafting him in the 3rd round when you have proven picks at that level. Maybe it's just me but I like to have some stability in my first 4-5 picks rather than potential and upside. 

• Like 4

Y'all are talking about overhyped because of preseason foul trouble?

Dumb

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Y'all are talking about overhyped because of preseason foul trouble?

Dumb

he was in foul trouble all of last year too

• Like 2

I think JJJ will be a top 20 player at some point in his career, but I don't think it'll be this season.  But foul trouble is a concern.  We always remember the great big men that had potential but struggled with foul trouble when they were young, and then got over it.  But don't remember the bad big men that had potential but struggled with foul trouble when they were young, but never got over it.

I'm not gonna bother naming those players, cause people will inevitably say I'm comparing JJJ to them.  I'm just saying that fixing foul issues is not a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1

Yawn.

I'm not worried about foul trouble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Post all star the foul trouble will be a distant memory. Focal point/face of the franchise all the minutes he can handle, the investment is a guaranteed pay off in redraft, and especially in dynasty. 

feb? You talkin about February 

5 hours ago, GIANNISYO said:

he was in foul trouble all of last year too

And still produced plenty. He'll be fine. The only way he learns is through playing and being coached and watching footage. 

11 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Yeah, the most important time leading into fatasy playoffs. imagine how comfortable he'll be on the court by then. 

imagine how buried you’ll be if you roster all those 5pts/2boards games until feb

• Haha 1

He’ll be fine. Some inconsistency is to be expected as he’s a young guy being pushed into a featured role; He has the versatility to still contribute in multiple categories even when he doesnt shoot it well.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

So many great shot blockers had foul trouble in their rookie & sophomore season's. He'll be fine. 

Well this is his sophmore season. All the talent in the world, he just needs to keep himself in games.

Why is this dude so LAZY to grab a rebound?? Even the freebies off a free throw, he'll just let the other guy grab it. The lack of effort is really concerning

• Like 1