tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 3

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 3

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 3 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Speaking last week, A.J. Green (ankle) said he expected to be sidelined longer than his publicly reported 6-8 week timetable.

Green went down in the opening days of camp in late July. 6-8 weeks would have had him near a return now. Green said that won't be the case. "I don’t know where they got the 6-8 weeks from. It’s going to be longer than that," were Green's words last Wednesday. "It’s just one of those things that has to heal on its own. When I feel I’m healthy enough to play at the level I’m used to playing, I just want to make sure it’s at 100 percent." Contract-year Green sounds like someone who won't be taking the field until he is either 100 percent healthy, extended or both. Fantasy stashers should not count on Green playing in the month of September.

10 hours ago, smeeze said:

Disclaimer: Opinions are my own and don’t represent my employer’s opinion of how much work I actually do

I play deep 12 teamers so most actual good players are probably owned.. I’m probably missing guys but they were likely drafted and/or picked up in my leagues

QB

Allen 10% - rushing floor has carried him, nice matchup against Cinci

Cousins 5% - hasn’t been great but has 2 dynamic receivers to give him a high floor in a pinch

Garrapolo 5% - SF offense looks to be getting on track

Minshew 5% - what a legend, the league could catch up with him soon but worth the ride

Mariota 3% - seems to be over his injuries from last season but you never want to trust him

Dalton 1% - last resort starter

Brissett 1% - try and find someone else

Grier 1% - Cam could miss time 

D. Jones 1% - good luck man

Rudolph 1% - you too

Bridgewater 1% - try taking one of the gloves off

T. Hill 0% - gadget plays, Teddy is mediocre

RB

Singletary 50%+ - potential league winner

Mattison 20% - #1 handcuff in the game right now

Penny 20% - Carson has been fumbling, Penny has draft capital going for him

D. Thompson 15% - upside, sounds like DWill and McCoy are okay, but for how long?

R. Mostert 10% - goal line role in the SF offense?

R. Freeman 10% - getting almost 50/50 split, see what happens

J. Samuel 5% - Conner handcuff, sounds like he’s going to be fine

J. Williams 2% - A. Jones handcuff

I. Smith 1% - D. Freeman handcuff

C. Edmonds 1% - DJ handcuff, DJ wrist scare

Ty Johnson 0% - If Kerryon goes down, could get a lot of PPR work

B. Hill 0% - might be better than Ito if D. Freeman goes down

WR

Hollywood 50%+ - go get him.. baller

Metcalf 30% - looks like true #1 type

D. Robinson 20% - Patty’s fav WR in his rookie year, go get him

M. Hardman 15% - get a piece of the chiefs while you can

McLaurin 15% - #1 receiver on his crappy team

Chark 10% - looks like best WR on JAX

Ross 10% - questionable hands, not a fan personally

J.  Washington 10% - Rudolph’s guy, breakout on the horizon?

D. Samuel 10% - if you’re hurting at WR, go get him, could be SF’s #1

there’s a bunch of other guys at 0-5%, throw a couple bucks at them if you need to, hopefully you never have to start them, I can’t predict blown coverages

TE

Graham 5% - Denver has sucked against TEs last few years

Witten 3% - could pull a rabbit out of his head against Miami

DST

San Francisco 3% - DL looks strong, could force Rudolph into mistakes

Seattle 2% - Teddy looks super indecisive and has a very mediocre arm

Tampa 1% - Daniel Jones could piss on his shoes in his debut

This is awesome. I was kinda curious why there was no mention on Nelson Agholor. I’m not a big fan of the player himself, but DeSean is looking at multiple weeks, Alshon is sounding iffy + he is typically made of glass anyway. The only other WRs are Mack Hollins and the rook JJ. I think Nelson ended up with like 11 targets Sunday Night. 

14 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

This is awesome. I was kinda curious why there was no mention on Nelson Agholor. I’m not a big fan of the player himself, but DeSean is looking at multiple weeks, Alshon is sounding iffy + he is typically made of glass anyway. The only other WRs are Mack Hollins and the rook JJ. I think Nelson ended up with like 11 targets Sunday Night. 

Oh I definitely missed a few guys, not a fan of Agholor at all personally

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Oh I definitely missed a few guys, not a fan of Agholor at all personally

Yeah I wasn’t even really picking at who you missed. I just agreed with so many of the opinions I had on guys that you broke down that I was curious on Nelson. And I got that lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smeeze said:

Disclaimer: Opinions are my own and don’t represent my employer’s opinion of how much work I actually do

I play deep 12 teamers so most actual good players are probably owned.. I’m probably missing guys but they were likely drafted and/or picked up in my leagues

QB

Minshew 5% - what a legend, the league could catch up with him soon but worth the ride

Mariota 3% - seems to be over his injuries from last season but you never want to trust him

Dalton 1% - last resort starter

Brissett 1% - try and find someone else

Grier 1% - Cam could miss time 

D. Jones 1% - good luck man

Rudolph 1% - you too

WR

J.  Washington 10% - Rudolph’s guy, breakout on the horizon?

(Allen, Cousins & Garoppolo were already owned so I skipped them) 

I watched the PIT game on Sunday & thought Rudolph played very well. It wasn’t his fault they lost. His INT was because Moncrief can’t catch. Very good o-line, strong arm, calm in the pocket & his WR leader in targets was Juju despite his college history with Washington. Seems that PIT is committed to him & willing to let him start their new offensive chapter.  I would put him above everyone here except Dalton. 

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

(Allen, Cousins & Garoppolo were already owned so I skipped them) 

I watched the PIT game on Sunday & thought Rudolph played very well. It wasn’t his fault they lost. His INT was because Moncrief can’t catch. Very good o-line, strong arm, calm in the pocket & his WR leader in targets was Juju despite his college history with Washington. Seems that PIT is committed to him & willing to let him start their new offensive chapter.  I would put him above everyone here except Dalton. 

You’re probably right. I didn’t watch the PIT game... SF is going to be a tougher test than Seattle IMO.

6 minutes ago, smeeze said:

You’re probably right. I didn’t watch the PIT game... SF is going to be a tougher test than Seattle IMO.

SF is vastly improved over last year. I don’t expect PIT to play well this week, but they’ll be better afterwards 

• Like 1

Niners are overrated for me. They ve just lost Joe Staley LT..there is overreaction so there will be a correction.

M V S if he was dropped. The Packers schedule is about to get a lot more passer friendly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Expound please? 

Vets tend to be security blankets

2 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Anyone adding Taysom Hill?

He should be picked up in 2 qb leagues but should be left on waivers for now in regular leagues unless the league has very deep benches.

what are people's thoughts on JJ Artega Whiteside?  Second round pick, hyped up in training camp, and now gets a huge opportunity with Jeffery and DJax banged up.

7 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Even if Kerryon gets injured, I don't think that Ty will amount to much this year as Detroit will probably sign an early down back or pair him with Paul Perkins if they keep him.  Ty is more of a 3rd down back.

Yes we should be afraid of Paul Perkins

Deep pull here, fellas - with Njoku sidelined for 4-6 weeks (wrist), how about a 6'7" TE that runs a 4.57 40?

Demetrius Harris, spent years as Kelce's backup......for those looking for yet another TE miracle...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SoCalDaddyo said:

Deep pull here, fellas - with Njoku sidelined for 4-6 weeks (wrist), how about a 6'7" TE that runs a 4.57 40?

Demetrius Harris, spent years as Kelce's backup......for those looking for yet another TE miracle...

Ooh, and he's a "former basketball player playing tight end"!  We all know that is the key to being a fantasy success.

I guess in deeper leagues where your options might be Eifert or Mike Gesicki, you couldn't do worse.

How do we all value the backup lottery tickets at RB?

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Mattison

Penny

Darwin Thompson

3 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Mattison

Penny

Darwin Thompson

Samuels, Mattison GAP Penny GAP Jackson, Thompson

12 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Mattison

Penny

Darwin Thompson

Mattison, Penny, Samuels, Thompson. Jackson is completely useless.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Ooh, and he's a "former basketball player playing tight end"!  We all know that is the key to being a fantasy success.

I guess in deeper leagues where your options might be Eifert or Mike Gesicki, you couldn't do worse.

He's worth a look in more than deeper leagues in this so far TE fantasy wasteland.

What about Fant? Hasn't done jack but possible upside.

Must have RBs this week, not ranked by order also not by statistics:

What other weeks will you have some nice pickups this early into the season.

1.) Peyton Barber

2.) Marlon Mack

3.) Ito Smith

4.) Frank Gore

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Mattison

Penny

Darwin Thompson

Mattison/Penny/Samuels/Darwin/JJ

6 minutes ago, hopkinslifker said:

Must have RBs this week, not ranked by order also not by statistics:

What other weeks will you have some nice pickups this early into the season.

1.) Peyton Barber

2.) Marlon Mack

3.) Ito Smith

4.) Frank Gore

How is Marlon Mack a waiver pickup???!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

How is Marlon Mack a waiver pickup???!

I was thinking the same thing 😳

• Like 1