Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

9/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

Please ReyLo. Don't get bombed in Minnesota. Just eat up 6 innings with 5 k's and 3 or 4 runs for the love of God.

Anyone else buy into the multiple fantasy sites touting John Means this week? Already a 2 run HR in first inning. Conclusion, fantasy analysts are just as dumb as the rest of us, fools who cite advanced metrics as reliable predictive stats, and the only difference is that they get paid to do it. Fools.

• Haha 2

Gotta love fantasy baseball playoffs as I'm actually watching this Orioles/Tigers game!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Anyone else buy into the multiple fantasy sites touting John Means this week? Already a 2 run HR in first inning. Conclusion, fantasy analysts are just as dumb as the rest of us, fools who cite advanced metrics as reliable predictive stats, and the only difference is that they get paid to do it. Fools.

Baseball is a sport. Sports are unpredictable, especially team sports. At best, you can reduce randomness.

There is no Nostradamus of baseball, nor Nostradamus of Fantasy. Luck is a part of the final results no matter what some people wanna say to comfort themselves. Fantasy analysts are like fortune-teller. They comfort or scare you about things you were already thinking about. End of story. 

4 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Please ReyLo. Don't get bombed in Minnesota. Just eat up 6 innings with 5 k's and 3 or 4 runs for the love of God.

You're very optimistic especially when you see what the Twins did on Bieber yesterday 😂 And Bieber is much closer to an ace than ReyLo will ever been.

14 minutes ago, Just_A_PI said:

Baseball is a sport. Sports are unpredictable, especially team sports. At best, you can reduce randomness.

There is no Nostradamus of baseball, nor Nostradamus of Fantasy. Luck is a part of the final results no matter what some people wanna say to comfort themselves. Fantasy analysts are like fortune-teller. They comfort or scare you about things you were already thinking about. End of story. 

Paid fortune tellers. Sounds about right.

I knew a 2 start week in the playoffs for Means leading off with Detroit was too good to be true.  

1 hour ago, exaulz said:

Hard to call them fools.  He's been good all season and 5 straight starts of 2 ER or less.  Hard to predict this outcome.

Means you effing bum!

One game I started Means....1!....against DET....and he blows up. Of course. 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

This was supposed to be a cake matchup for Means. Pitchers are fickle.

how many can you really count on?

Cole is about the only one I've had this year I could count on.

51 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

how many can you really count on?

Cole is about the only one I've had this year I could count on.

Well, I believe we can count on aces and to a lesser extend in pitchers who are above average pitchers. For the others, it's impossible to predict with enough confidence.

Better fantasy expert advice would have been “don’t stream bad pitchers, even in good matchups, under any circumstances”

Richards looked real nice in his 1st inning back. Was all around the zone, several strikes were even missed (2K and a weak ground out)

FA 94-97 MPH, also cut it a few times at 88/90 range with nice movement, SL looked good at 87-89 MPH and plenty of spin, a few curves mixed in at 80 or so

1 hour ago, exaulz said:

Better fantasy expert advice would have been “don’t stream bad pitchers, even in good matchups, under any circumstances”

Generally if you're at the point where you're streaming to make up ground in W and K, you know the risks to your ratios, and just need a lot of things to break right to have any chance.  If the pitchers you're grabbing weren't ratio risks, they wouldn't be on your wire for streaming purposes.  And it's not like highly-owned guys are immune from blowing up this season.

Every year I'm always amazed how close some roto leagues are...my NL only league I'm in a 3 way fight for 1st place where the standings are changing on an almost per at bat basis.  

Nice job Davies, now just for Milwaukee to hold the lead for you.

1 hour ago, IDGAFOS said:

Strasburg looking like a joke right now.

I guess "Aces gonna ace" won't apply to him tonight!

1 hour ago, exaulz said:

Pitcherlist ranked Strasburg as the number 1 tonight. Look at the result... No need to add that most so-called fantasy experts and their expert advice said to avoid Cardinals' batters this week because of their matchups against Nationals's aces. Once again, look at the result...

Sport is unpredictable.

Paul DeJong and his under .240 aren't helping matters either.