Corleone

Mason Rudolph 2019 Outlook

Thoughts on Rudolph, now that Ben has been ruled out for the rest of the 2019 season?

I liked Rudolph coming out of college and think he's an interesting target, more so for 2QB/Superflex leagues, but potentially beyond that as well.

I'm big time all in for Rudolph, I just feel bad for Ben because he always puts on a game face and never let's the negatives get him down. He was so happy going into the season and even after last weeks beat down he stayed positive. I want Rudolph as our next man up and I think he's a perfect Ben replacement, just sad if Ben might truly be forced to shut it down if Rudolph basically does what Ben did with Maddox back in the day. I wasn't ready for it this quick is all 

I missed this game. How'd Rudolph look? Seen some highlights and based on those he looked okay (the only INT he had wasn't his fault), but can't get much info from the highlights.

Also bringing up the Rudolph vs Bridgewater discussion here.

Where do you rank Rudolph in Super Flex leagues? I thought that he looked ok yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Homerj24 said:

Where do you rank Rudolph in Super Flex leagues? I thought that he looked ok yesterday.

I am thinking he's qb20 at a minimum. Upside for more

• Like 1

Im rage dropping Goff...

I loved Mason in College..Thought he went undervalued in the draft last yr..I'll give him a start 

6 minutes ago, Homerj24 said:

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

I am thinking he's qb20 at a minimum. Upside for more

IF Conner's knee is healthy, I would put him at #22 right now...

23. Bridgewater
24. Carr
25. Keenum (even though he has looked good so far, I think Haskins will get the job at some point)
26. Mariota
27. Flacco
28. Trubisky
29. Minshew
30. Eli
31. Siemian (and when Darnold returns, I think I'd still go Rudolph ahead of him at the moment, because as a Jets fan, I just don't trust the Jets)
32. Dolphins QB

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Im rage dropping Goff...

I loved Mason in College..Thought he went undervalued in the draft last yr..I'll give him a start 

Goff had a nice bounce back week, what are you smoking? 

Rudolph has a chance to put up some decent numbers, but I wouldn't go too crazy. James Washington should see a lot more targets though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OrangeAggie said:

Goff had a nice bounce back week, what are you smoking? 

Bounce back week!??? Ok he salvaged his day late 4th quarter..

He's been nothing but short of awful and is lack of TD last 6 games is too concering..You're 100% correct though, I must of been high as kite when I drafted him

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Corleone said:

30. Eli
31. Siemian

Life goes fast in the NFL.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Life goes fast in the NFL.

I still rank both of them ahead of 32. Dolphins QB 
:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[...] Very respectable numbers when he came on in relief.  The job is his for the rest of the year.  Had a least some pedigree coming out of college.  What's not to like here?  Feel like he gives us 90% of what Ben would have which should easily make him a top 20 QB ROS and potentially top 15 as long as the Steelers don't fall out of contention.  Unless I'm missing something?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

As a disappointed owner of Cam in a deep 16T where their aren't many options at QB left, I was happy to win Mason this morning -- think he's got a chance to be a stud.

Pretty sure he'll be my starting QB even if Cam plays this weekend.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Just blew 40% of my FAAB and dropped Carr for him in a 2QB.  Very respectable numbers when he came on in relief.  The job is his for the rest of the year.  Had a least some pedigree coming out of college.  What's not to like here?  Feel like he gives us 90% of what Ben would have which should easily make him a top 20 QB ROS and potentially top 15 as long as the Steelers don't fall out of contention.  Unless I'm missing something?

I was thinking about putting in a big bid on him, but you have me worried with your 90% of BB talk, which would be roughly 8 points/gm 😟. I was hoping for 200%+ of what BB has given. 

13 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Just blew 40% of my FAAB and dropped Carr for him in a 2QB.  Very respectable numbers when he came on in relief.  The job is his for the rest of the year.  Had a least some pedigree coming out of college.  What's not to like here?  Feel like he gives us 90% of what Ben would have which should easily make him a top 20 QB ROS and potentially top 15 as long as the Steelers don't fall out of contention.  Unless I'm missing something?

A case could be made that the Steelers falling out of contention could help Rudolph. For now they may be more likely to play it safe and try to win games running and with their defense. Once they are out of it they may be more likely to let Rudolph loose. 

7 minutes ago, nromn said:

I was thinking about putting in a big bid on him, but you have me worried with your 90% of BB talk, which would be roughly 8 points/gm 😟. I was hoping for 200%+ of what BB has given. 

Haha, I hope he meant 90% of pre-2019 good Ben, not 2019 basically retired Ben. I think he will easily surpass Ben's numbers so far this year, which is still nothing to brag about. I picked him up in my superflex league after losing Ben and was kind of surprised nobody outbid me(I spent 30%). Young, fresh arm with some decent weapons. I think he'll be solid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Haha, I hope he meant 90% of pre-2019 good Ben, not 2019 basically retired Ben. I think he will easily surpass Ben's numbers so far this year, which is still nothing to brag about. I picked him up in my superflex league after losing Ben and was kind of surprised nobody outbid me(I spent 30%). Young, fresh arm with some decent weapons. I think he'll be solid. 

Yeah, I was saying that tongue in cheek since he is only 3 pts behind him on the year with only 1/2 of football played. I am planning to make a big bid in my super flex league. Hoping my leaguemates are distracted with the rookie and Teddy two gloves and this guy flies under the radar. 

Edited by nromn
  • Like 1

Should I make the plunge on him now off the WW before it is too late? All it takes is a blowup game this week and I lose out on him. Feel now may be the time to take action.

• Like 1

[...] still happy to have him.  I really liked what I saw & think he's the future in PIT.  The offense seemed to open up with Rudolph.  Clearly stronger arm than Ben at this point with good accuracy downfield 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 9/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, Sean Tambo said:

Im rage dropping Goff...

Rams and Goff don't do preseason. They're notorious slow starters. If you dropped Goff for Mason you're in horrible shape 

29 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Rams and Goff don't do preseason. They're notorious slow starters. If you dropped Goff for Mason you're in horrible shape 

Stashed Rudolph, dropped Goff for Allen..Feel fine about it

32 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Rams and Goff... They're notorious slow starters.

It was quite the opposite last year...

Edited by RMJ_12
  • Like 1

Shamed to admit I know nothing about this guy.  Is he a pocket passer or does he get out and run a little bit?

5 minutes ago, mdbomb said:

Shamed to admit I know nothing about this guy.  Is he a pocket passer or does he get out and run a little bit?

Pure pocket passer. Average NFL arm strength but showed great deep ball accuracy with loft on his deep passes, not rockets. Was an outstanding downfield (10+ yd) thrower in college.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

It was quite the opposite last year...

You're fighting just to fight at this point.

Fact check yourself with his first 2 games of last year against teams that ended 2018 with a combined 7 wins. 579 yards with 3 TD and 1 pick. 

This year he's played better teams with better defenses to start the year and has 470 yards with 3 TD's and 1 pick. 

2018 game 3 is when he took off and became one of the leagues better QBs. 

Sunday night Browns game should be a good one.