Corleone

Mason Rudolph 2019 Outlook

58 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Fact check yourself with his first 2 games of last year against teams that ended 2018 with a combined 7 wins. 579 yards with 3 TD and 1 pick.

You call that a slow start?  He had 2 TD’s week 1 and a 354 yard game week 2.  The Rams won these games by 20 and 34 points.  You guys have some lofty expectations.

Goff is a slightly above average Quarterback playing in a good system, expecting last year to happen again is a terrible idea.

Edited by RMJ_12

1.) The steelers were coddling him until the second half... with short and intermediate passes

2.) He wasn't good with the short and intermediate passes...

3.) When he's allowed to air it out... oh boy...Look out

• Like 1

I’m all for competitiveness and trying to win. But if they start this kid Sunday, I’ve lost all respect for that organization. Dude looked like he got sniped from the stands. He was out cold for 20 minutes. That team is 1-4 and not winning a Super Bowl this season. Lol This is despicable honestly. 

None of us are doctors evaluating him on a day-to-day basis, so we really don't know how he's fairing since the hit. But my guess is that he's going to end up sitting if there's any sign of a concussion. The NFL and their lawyers will make sure of it.

I’d be willing to bet they already are planning on sitting him with the bye looming and this is just gamesmanship. Although I don’t really think not naming your starting QB until Sunday really gives you that much of an advantage when the QBs are Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges

That was the worst football concussion I've ever seen with my own eyes. If they start him, they deserve to be sued for billions later honestly.

Edited by TennisDude

I own Mason and I am glad he’s not playing. I would have lost hope in humanity. He seriously might have received 3 concussions on one play. Two shots to the head at the same time and then the blast on the ground that he fell to like a sack of potatoes. I hope they let him get to 100% however and get him back out there when ready. 

Should be back this week and against s terrible Miami D... Fitz should keep Miami at least in the game. May be a good start this week. 

Also i so I haven’t watched a lot of his play but stats don’t look terrible in the games he started especially considering the defenses he was against... ROS his schedule is awesome ...

Edited by mlrush

hope they let him sling it a bit. Just worried it'll all be dumpoffs to Conner

Do we really think this Pittsburgh offense can get it done? I know its Miami but I got burned playing the Miami matchup when I played Singletary so I'm almost wondering if it's a red herring.  They have all the pieces it seems, just can they execute.

38 minutes ago, herschel said:

Anyone rolling him out there this week?

It’s him or Tannehill for me.. got to pick one up soon. My normal starter is wentz but I will take my changes with a steamer this week.... Mason intrigues me the most due to his schedule ROS.... 

40 minutes ago, herschel said:

With Matt Ryan likely out, I am. 

2 hours ago, herschel said:

Probably but it’s a 2 qb league and I’m Lamar and mahomes owner. 

6 hours ago, mlrush said:

It’s him or Tannehill for me.. got to pick one up soon. My normal starter is wentz but I will take my changes with a steamer this week.... Mason intrigues me the most due to his schedule ROS.... 

FWIW I'm sitting Wentz for Tanny this week. Wanted no part of Rudolph tbh and would've rolled w Wentz if that was my only option.  I expect the Steelers to lean even heavier on the run than they already have been vs Miami.  

• Like 1

[...]

What a joke touchdown before the half...

Rudolph couldn't get anything going and was cleary shook, 1 INT and nearly a 2nd INT...

3rd and 20 at the 40 or 50, 26 seconds left...

Instead of playing prevent defense and forcing Pitt to kick a field goal, Miami decides to bring the house in an all out blitz. Are you kidding me?

Rudolph hits Johnson on a 10-yard slant, takes it to the house.

Reminded me of playing Madden and blowing your defensive play call.

This 1 play literally changed the entire momentum of the game. Makes sense why Miami is 0-7

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

RIP💀

Is there a worse active QB in the NFL? Ruined an entire offense. Steelers better replace him while they still have playoff hopes.

• Like 1

Rudolph might be the worst QB against the blitz I have ever seen. Even if the Steelers have their skill position players healthy I don’t see much success in this offense. The defense will have to provide short fields for the offense to put up any points. 

After that stunt, I hate him w the likes of Joaquin Phoenix in gladiator and Geoffrey in GoT. So the only people I hate more are fictional. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

After that stunt, I hate him w the likes of Joaquin Phoenix in gladiator and Geoffrey in GoT. So the only people I hate more are fictional. 

Stunt? The game was over, seconds left and Garrett coming in like he needed a sack to get his supper tonight

0-4 vs Baker. Not a good sign for the future considering his division.