Fuzzy_Slippers

9/17 - GAME DAY THREAD

Trent Thornton is on my side, now do I go get another Trent.... 

The feeling is there 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Trent Thornton is on my side, now do I go get another Trent.... 

The feeling is there 

from what i remember he has handled the o's pretty well this season, streaming him myself today, praying for the best...lol

• Thanks 1

Is Thornton actually starting for the Jays tonight or is he doing bulk relief after an opener?

baseballpress.com/lineups has Tepera listed as the starter fwiw. Anyone with concrete info?

Go Gray!  Go Verlander!

Go Woodruff (even though he's just an opener)!

Anyone starting or sitting Lynn at HOU ?

I'm on the fence, not being able to absorb a blow up this round.

2 hours ago, Bregatron said:

Am I nuts for starting Lance Lynn or is anyone else rolling the dice?

Was wondering the same. He's pitched ok against them this year, but anything could happen. I'm undecided, but having lost Giolito could use the Ks Lynn could rack up. Then he has BOS next week ugh heh.

13 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Was wondering the same. He's pitched ok against them this year, but anything could happen. I'm undecided, but having lost Giolito could use the Ks Lynn could rack up. Then he has BOS next week ugh heh.

Houston doesn’t strike out too much but they also seem to hit poorly with Verlander on the mound. I can’t recommend it but since it’s early I might go with it and hopefully at worst I get tagged with 4 or 5 runs over 6

3 hours ago, cs3 said:

Is Thornton actually starting for the Jays tonight or is he doing bulk relief after an opener?

baseballpress.com/lineups has Tepera listed as the starter fwiw. Anyone with concrete info?

Tepera is in fact the starter.

Severino looking good!!! Although it is against the lowly Angels who are without Trout and one of the worst teams in baseball. Still GREAT to see!

Wow Felipe Vazquez what a scumbag.

Guess he loves being in the minors.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Severino looking good!!! Although it is against the lowly Angels who are without Trout and one of the worst teams in baseball. Still GREAT to see!

yep.  and torres hit a bomb

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

First time I pick up Darvish and he proceeds to give up 3 runs in the first. That figures. 

I told you to get your alcohol ready. 

Darvish was supposed to win me my lg this week finals week.  and make me a happy camper. He can still straighten it up with a bunch of Ks

11 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

yep.  and torres hit a bomb

Yes!!!

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

First time I pick up Darvish and he proceeds to give up 3 runs in the first. That figures. 

Sounds like me vs Eovaldi.  Against the Giants...I'm sick., 

17 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Darvish has had a 2.44ERA, 0.78 WHIP with a 93/6 k/bb ratio in the 2nd half. I mean this as respectfully as possible, but how the hell was he available in your league to "pick up?"

Darvish has been an ace since the beginning of the 2nd half. His perf tonight is like Strasburg yesterday. It reminds everybody that baseball is a sport, not a predictable science.