Daz Gervin

Ben Simmons 2019-2020 Outlook

Is it me or does he seem off? The rebounds are way down and not as many assists. Its obviously super early but if he isn't getting boards and assists hes an average player. Terrible free throw % and still no three point shooting to offer with high turnovers 

Great player, but he just rubs me the wrong way ever since that series vs the Heat. What a fake tough guy punk just like Embiid. If I had to put on a Sixers jersey, I'll have some pent up aggression too, so it's not entirely their fault. Both just needs to get socked in the mouth one good time, but different society now.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Is it me or does he seem off? The rebounds are way down and not as many assists. Its obviously super early but if he isn't getting boards and assists hes an average player. Terrible free throw % and still no three point shooting to offer with high turnovers 

Rebounds were always going to drop with someone like Horford joining the frontcourt. 

7 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Rebounds were always going to drop with someone like Horford joining the frontcourt. 

Would you move him or Lonzo?

So far not what I expected, I thought he’ll make another leap with his increased shooting, but so far nothing is coming from there... 

Just traded kemba for him. Just think Simmons will improve over the course of the year. 
time will tell. 

20 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Just traded kemba for him. Just think Simmons will improve over the course of the year. 
time will tell. 

i did the same a week ago. If he can pull off the stats from last year with a little more shooting it would be awesome, but so far it seems that Richardson and also Horford hurt his production 

So far, the only things to go UP are turnovers and steals. Assists the same, and all others down, including all %'s.

Edited by bksm

He should’ve dominated today against the suns and without embiid. Just brings up the ball and passes it and that’s it. I wish I got paid 220mil to do just that...

4 minutes ago, mas10 said:

He should’ve dominated today against the suns and without embiid. Just brings up the ball and passes it and that’s it. I wish I got paid 220mil to do just that...

Suns are pretty good at defending the pg position 

Why are people upset here? We all know he cant shoot and while the low rebounds this year are concerning he is still getting assists, stocks have been excellent and he even went 2-2 at the line today! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Why are people upset here? We all know he cant shoot and while the low rebounds this year are concerning he is still getting assists, stocks have been excellent and he even went 2-2 at the line today! 

I agree - some people are just never happy. I drafted him for his high fg%, some points, rebounds, and assists. The fact he is avging more than double his SPG is just icing - hope he keeps this up as he and drummond are going off for my stocks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBARZ93 said:

I agree - some people are just never happy. I drafted him for his high fg%, some points, rebounds, and assists. The fact he is avging more than double his SPG is just icing - hope he keeps this up as he and drummond are going off for my stocks.

For sure if he keeps the stocks up and the FG % and boards go up he’s an elite asset to own 

• Like 1

Traded DLo and Bojan for Simmons. I am praying he starts taking jumpers, or at the very least gets his efficiency back up or I may rue this trade. I believe in his upside, kid just needs more confidence out there.

20 minutes ago, taenggg said:

This man is a fraud 

Where the jumpshots at broski

If you drafted Simmons for his jump shot,  you have a huge problem in fantasy basketball.

On the side note, he is right there where I expected him to be this season (top-60).

Currently at 59,  previous years  he finished  at 71 and 51.

One can argue that he actually improved compared to last year.  He even hit a 3 in preseason game 😝

Ben is a player best left to advanced fantasy players. To extract his true value the team must be built around him. 

On 11/5/2019 at 6:35 AM, Aloon33 said:

Why are people upset here? We all know he cant shoot and while the low rebounds this year are concerning he is still getting assists, stocks have been excellent and he even

On 11/5/2019 at 9:05 AM, HBARZ93 said:

went 2-2 at the line today! 

my/ others post was more directed to how he hasn't improved at all. no ft improvement, no jumper improvement. thats pretty weak when you think about his size, athletic ability, coaching, contract ect. 

im glad he isn't pulling from deep and killing his elite fg% fantasy wise. but doesn't score 20 pts, turns the ball over 4 times, kills ur ft%, no threes. 

I still love what he offers from a triple punt build as those steals and fg% are money

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

If you drafted Simmons for his jump shot,  you have a huge problem in fantasy basketball.

On the side note, he is right there where I expected him to be this season (top-60).

Currently at 59,  previous years  he finished  at 71 and 51.

One can argue that he actually improved compared to last year.  He even hit a 3 in preseason game 😝

Hey man, I was told by someone who shall remain nameless that Simmons would have a break out year. He'd start stretching the floor, draining threes and all that jazz even though he has yet to show any in game improvement on his jumpshots. 🤔 Are you calling this supposed person a liar? 

Edited by taenggg