Bandito

Thoughts on possible Murray trade? (WHIR)

12 team PPR deep keeper. My roster:

Rodgers

Barkley, Kerryon, Mostert, Guice

ABrown, Woods, Gordon, JBrown, MrqBrown, McLaurin, Samuel, PrWilliams

Ertz

Wouldn't mind adding Murray as heir apparent to Rodgers, and have had some talks with his owner. Then he sent this today:

His Murray and Boyd for my Mostert and McLaurin.

He also asked if I had interest in Gurley. I've asked what his price is on Gurley, but haven't heard back yet. 

First: thoughts on this deal?

Second: thoughts on Gurley?  I'm definitely thin at RB but haven't had a chance to watch him this season to see how good/bad he's looked. And the odds of me getting Brown as a handcuff are slim. 

UPDATE--

Heard back from other owner with a second offer. So here they both are:

#1- HIS Murray and Boyd for MY Mostert and McLaurin. 

#2- HIS Gurley, Boyd, Gio and 2020 4th Rd pick for MY Mostert, McLaurin, MrqBrown and 2020 1st Rd pick.

Thoughts?

Edited by Bandito

D#mn -- 28 views and the only responses are mine?

I think the lack of responses is due to the length of the post.  I personally like them quick and easy to read.  

That being said, I like the 1st option for you.  You're getting 2 quality players for 2 guys you picked up off waivers.

• Thanks 1

I would be more inclined to go with the first option as well.  McLaurin is looking to be the real freaking deal though, which would be my one apprehension for your Keeper league moving forward.

Help with mine too please? Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Definitely the first option! I was geeking at the second option until I saw the 1st round pick next year...too powerful. Gurley can get hurt at any moments notice, Boyd I like, and Gio is just a filler. Definitely the first option.

Edited by Tierjerk
  • Thanks 1

I would take the Murray and Boyd deal just based on the value of the players. After that you have plenty of bargaining chips to ship out WRs for RBs, which you'll likely need to do

Edited by trashlife
  • Thanks 1

I like Murray/Boyd as well.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

I think the lack of responses is due to the length of the post.  I personally like them quick and easy to read.  

That being said, I like the 1st option for you.  You're getting 2 quality players for 2 guys you picked up off waivers.

I agree. The first option is the best for you.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Stay put also drop Guice for another RB. 

He's on IR, so he's not taking up a roster spot.  So no need to drop him.

Okay, so pretty overwhelming in favor of #1.  I like the idea of it.  Just REALLY scared of having ZERO RB depth.  I already am fubarred come bye time...

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

12 team PPR deep keeper. My roster:

Rodgers

Barkley, Kerryon, Mostert, Guice

ABrown, Woods, Gordon, JBrown, MrqBrown, McLaurin, Samuel, PrWilliams

Ertz

Wouldn't mind adding Murray as heir apparent to Rodgers, and have had some talks with his owner. Then he sent this today:

His Murray and Boyd for my Mostert and McLaurin.

He also asked if I had interest in Gurley. I've asked what his price is on Gurley, but haven't heard back yet. 

First: thoughts on this deal?

Second: thoughts on Gurley?  I'm definitely thin at RB but haven't had a chance to watch him this season to see how good/bad he's looked. And the odds of me getting Brown as a handcuff are slim. 

Ok so this is like a dynastyish keeper? You mean Kyler Murray correct? If so I'd do this 100% Boyd has a lot of time left and you have so many wr's right now. Thanks for help on mine!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, evobeatsti said:

Ok so this is like a dynastyish keeper?

There's a minimum of eight keepers.  You can keep more by giving back draft picks, starting with your first.  So, for example, this year I kept nine, costing me my first round pick.  Some teams keep all 16 and skip the draft.  We had close to 150 keepers this year.

First trade looks good to me. But if you are worried about RB depth, maybe try to trade for a RB instead of Murray?

• Thanks 1

McLaurin might be the best player in deal, he seems like he could be good for a long long time but I don't think the first one is a bad deal.

• Thanks 1