MilesBridgesBetterThanZion

Joel Embiid 2019-2020 Outlook

On 9/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, apacheblues said:

Embiid went 6th in a $100 Yahoo PRO league draft last night (12-Team H2H 9-CAT). Those numbers look so good when building a team.

How were you able to get into a pro league? As of today, I still don't get the option. 

Such an elite punt FG% & TO center, grab him and load up on guards because he gives you such a strong foundation in REB and BLK. Love that build, love pairing him with George, Kyrie, Kemba, Booker, Trae

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So a report has come out Embiid is going to receive load management again, with 64 the played games expected mark. Does this bump him down the pecking order out of the top 10? 

Edited by Pendles

2 minutes ago, Pendles said:

So a report has come out Embiid is going to receive load management again, with 64 the played games expected mark. Does this bump him down the pecking order out of the top 10? 

I believe Embiid over a report, he openly stated at media day he wants DPOY, MVP 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

I believe Embiid over a report, he openly stated at media day he wants DPOY, MVP 

I would like to as well, but was he quoted saying that he wouldn’t miss any games to load management?

13 hours ago, Saucy said:

Such an elite punt FG% & TO center, grab him and load up on guards because he gives you such a strong foundation in REB and BLK. Love that build, love pairing him with George, Kyrie, Kemba, Booker, Trae

Pairing him with Lilliard at the top of your drafts

Image result for fire elmo.gif

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

At the top of your 8 team leagues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Image result for fire elmo.gif

I'm guessing you're referring to 10 team leagues?  Lillard is the consensus 7th pick, which means Embiid would have to fall to 18th to get him in 12 teamers.  I've never seen that.  7/14 in a 10 teamer, meh maybe.   But I don't play those.  Auction, I'm almost certain you could get that combo for under $100 in any league.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'm guessing you're referring to 10 team leagues?  Lillard is the consensus 7th pick, which means Embiid would have to fall to 18th to get him in 12 teamers.  I've never seen that.  7/14 in a 10 teamer, meh maybe.   But I don't play those.  Auction, I'm almost certain you could get that combo for under $100 in any league.

Yea I play auctions prob shoulda mentioned that, only way to play IMO haha gives you a shot at everyone, makes it waaaaay more fun, could still see that combo in 10 teamers tho for snakes in a perfect world

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Yea I play auctions prob shoulda mentioned that, only way to play IMO haha gives you a shot at everyone, makes it waaaaay more fun 

Not the worst, would leave plenty of money left over to build around.  Probably punt steals though.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Not the worst, would leave plenty of money left over to build around.  Probably punt steals though.  

No real need to punt steals, especially if ur punting FG% like it seems you would with Dame+Embiid. Plenty of high steals, low FG% guys later on.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:26 AM, Pendles said:

Embiid has openly said his goal is to play 70 games this year.  He lost a bunch of weight and looks much thinner so that should really help with his back and knee problems. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:24 AM, thezing1 said:

With Embiid, I say you put in 10 games missed. Do I think he misses more....yea, highly likely. Do I think he plays more...no. So 10 games. 12 games. 15 games. Does it really make a difference? Honestly, do you really adjust your ranking based on a projection to miss 15 games instead of 12 for a guy like Embiid who has a statline that no one else provides at that point in the draft? You are either taking him and building off of his crazy numbers and assuming risk or you are factoring games played as a highly valued variable. 

On 9/24/2019 at 4:50 AM, apacheblues said:

Embiid went 6th in a $100 Yahoo PRO league draft last night (12-Team H2H 9-CAT). Those numbers look so good when building a team.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:49 PM, Saucy said:

8 hours ago, izeroi said:

Any good Embiid builds considering he will miss games?

Ok so I have a draft soon with the 7th pick, (12 team h2h).  I'm going to assume for now that Jokic will be taken 6th, so I'll be left with Lillard.  Kinda Boring.  Like the games played, like the FT/3's/points...but I feel like Embiid's statistical impact in Reb / Blk plus the out of position assists, 3's, and elite points are simply more valuable.  Playoff schedule is a wash.  I'm still uncertain who I'll take...

3 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Ok so I have a draft soon with the 7th pick, (12 team h2h).  I'm going to assume for now that Jokic will be taken 6th, so I'll be left with Lillard.  Kinda Boring.  Like the games played, like the FT/3's/points...but I feel like Embiid's statistical impact in Reb / Blk plus the out of position assists, 3's, and elite points are simply more valuable.  Playoff schedule is a wash.  I'm still uncertain who I'll take...

How much better are you than your competitors?  If you think you have a huge edge then I'd take Lillard, make a layup, and try to win later.  If in your honest assessment that you're even with everyone, or even behind, you need to take more risks and gambol a little more.  Decrease your VPIP, but increase your 3BET%, 4BET more against players with too high of a 3BET%, be more willing to play for stacks with a range edge Pre.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Decrease your VPIP, but increase your 3BET%, 4BET more against players with too high of a 3BET%, be more willing to play for stacks with a range edge Pre.

Nah. Fold pre, obv.

• Haha 1

Just lost my matchup against one of the worst teams in our league because of this loser. One week into the season and my first round pick is already my least favorite player. Looks like this is gonna be a fun season 😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Just lost my matchup against one of the worst teams in our league because of this loser. One week into the season and my first round pick is already my least favorite player. Looks like this is gonna be a fun season 😕

Same here. Fukn weak man!