Sign in to follow this  
CamNewton

WHIR: Should I make this move even if it leaves me thin? (Full PPR)

So I've been offered Davante Adams for Sony Michel, Chris Godwin, and John Brown. In a vacuum, I'd accept this deal in a heartbeat. However, when taking my roster into consideration I'm not sure whether or not it makes much sense since it will leave me very thin at RB. Is it worth the risk to make this kind of move? My roster is below. I feel kind of uneasy having the two Tampa Bay receivers as my WR1 and WR2, and that's the primary reason behind even considering this type of move where it leaves me super thin at RB.

QB: Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen

RB: Barkley, Michel, McCoy, Tevin Coleman

WR: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, John Brown, Robby Anderson, Mecole Hardman

TE: Kittle, OJ Howard

I would LOVE to tell you to take it but I would look to restructure this.

You are too thin at RB

• Thanks 1

you can't get an rb thrown in? Even like a Jaylen Samuels could make this more palatable for you. What RB's on the waiver? Do it if you think you can get like a Mostert or some other possible RB find. You still have Barkley and then you'' have the best RB and WR. Go for it. Make a move. It's gambling.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t do the deal.  Godwin looks great this year and it’s good to have two WR from the same team because you will pretty much be guaranteed that one of them will get a TD at least.  

• Thanks 1

As much as I want to say go for it, I think it's too much. Makes RB group thin, plus Godwin is balling right now & think he will continue to do so. Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1

I would also have to pass, unless you can get another RB, you would have nothing after Barkley, which RBs are on your wire?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

you can't get an rb thrown in? Even like a Jaylen Samuels could make this more palatable for you. What RB's on the waiver? Do it if you think you can get like a Mostert or some other possible RB find. You still have Barkley and then you'' have the best RB and WR. Go for it. Make a move. It's gambling.

He's on FA. So are guys like Gore, Mostert, Royce Freeman, Justin Jackson.

2 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

I would also have to pass, unless you can get another RB, you would have nothing after Barkley, which RBs are on your wire?

Gore

Mostert

Royce Freeman

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Ballage

Darwin Thompson

Mattison

Burkhead

Jamaal Williams

Jalen Richard.

Edited by CamNewton

I would not make the trade. Godwin looks too good, and you are giving up too much. Maybe trade Brown in a package for something else. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Gore

Mostert

Royce Freeman

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Ballage

Darwin Thompson

Mattison

Burkhead

Jamaal Williams

Jalen Richard.

Make the deal, get Adams, drop Anderson, McCoy, and Coleman for Freeman, Jackson and Samuels. Start Freeman at RB2, he’s getting 50% of snaps in Denver. GL

• Thanks 1

Yeah, can’t do it, as everyone else says.   Yes, I really don’t love Evans/Godwin as your weekly WRs. If one of them gets hot, you might be able to trade him straight up, or packaged with a smaller guy, for another WR. Doesn’t have to go all the way to Davante to solve your covariance problem. 

The wire’s pretty thin too. If that’s what your wire looks like, I’ve gotta think your team is looking pretty darn solid (Barkley and Michel at RB seems solid in a league like that).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Gore

Mostert

Royce Freeman

Justin Jackson

Jaylen Samuels

Ballage

Darwin Thompson

Mattison

Burkhead

Jamaal Williams

Jalen Richard.

Do the deal and make some drops to get Mostert, Gore, Freeman, or Jackson. Even Darwin might be valuable. Take the risk now to roster the best WR. You have the best RB. And scour the wire for the next guy up.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for helping with mine. Don't over think this. You got the best player in Adams by far. Depth is the most overrated thing in fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't do it. I love Adams, but you can't give away Sony - you'd be hurting your team. Now, if he wants OJ Howard instead, then seems fair.

Agree with the others.  Michel is nothing amazing but you have squat after Barkley. Try another trade to dump one of the TB WRs.