turner46

Kemba Walker 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

I don't understand all the overreactions from opening day lol. 

Status quo around here.  Early season is a great time to make moves.  I sometimes like to fan the flames of the knee jerk overreactions in threads for players I don't own in the hopes some of my league mates panic and sell em to me 😈

Not sure if this has been mentioned but look at PG production in Boston over the past 3 years. The infamous Isaiah Thomas season, and two elite fantasy seasons from Kyrie Irving.

In terms of talent and most importantly opportunity Kemba falls right in between those two. Kemba wont be guarded by Thybull and Josh Richardson every game this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but look at PG production in Boston over the past 3 years. The infamous Isaiah Thomas season, and two elite fantasy seasons from Kyrie Irving.

In terms of talent and most importantly opportunity Kemba falls right in between those two. Kemba wont be guarded by Thybull and Josh Richardson every game this season.

You're right as it pertains to Kemba.  But if Thybull/Richardson can do this to whomever they guard then no one else in the east stands a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

I panicked and traded Kemba for Derrick Rose. Good luck to you guys. 

I almost made this same exact move until I realized I wanted to win this year.

Buy low.

New team + coach who thinks he's way smarter than everyone + first game of the year + are they really gonna be happy with Tatum chucking all year?

I just got him last night in a trade for Horford and Wiggins. The ultimate goal was to dump Wiggins ASAP, so Horford had to be sacrificed. :( 

Initially, I was offered Bojan and Mike Conely for Horford and Wiggins...I'm wondering how that will look towards the middle of season, since most of these players are experiencing a new setting. 

No need to panic on Kemba's game...yet.

I was gonna draft either Kemba or Trae. Decided on Kemba. I know I messed up but tell me it wasn't THAT big of a mess up  pls ...

19 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The difference between the IT2 monster season, Kyrie's seasons, and Kemba now is Kemba may or may not be the legit top dog every other possession.  It's only been one game but against the 76ers Tatum looked like he was the no.1 option way too often.  Tatum's shot selection was horrible and he was definitely taking too many shots when he should have reset with a pass to Hayward, Kemba or Smart.  The positive out of that game is that even with Tatum chucking Kemba still got his own.  If Stevens ever puts his foot down and stops Tatum from taking those horrible midrange shots or forced post shots and instead gets the ball moving quickly again I have no doubt Kemba will be a big beneficiary.

54 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

I was gonna draft either Kemba or Trae. Decided on Kemba. I know I messed up but tell me it wasn't THAT big of a mess up  pls ...

exactly the same way I thought, Trae got picked one spot behind me so now I’m a little pissed after the performance yesterday that he would have been probably the better pick. But the season is still young so let’s see how it rolls out in the end ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

exactly the same way I thought, Trae got picked one spot behind me so now I’m a little pissed after the performance yesterday that he would have been probably the better pick. But the season is still young so let’s see how it rolls out in the end ...

Let's spread the positivity, guys. - Kemba owner

22 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

I will join this group as well. Seeing Trae's line yesterday put a dark cloud above my fantasy season. Trae was always going to be "the guy" on his team, where as Kemba did not have that guarantee. Kemba's shooting was one thing, but the complete lack of of other counting stats was awful. Trae will undoubtedly shoot that bad some games, but you'll still get 10 dimes out of him.

Edited by bjav4282

Well I just traded for Kemba so I am on the train now. I am in a points league. Traded Vuc, Jimmy B, Obre and Lauri for Kemba, AD and Westbrook.

30 minutes ago, blaze4g said:

Well I just traded for Kemba so I am on the train now. I am in a points league. Traded Vuc, Jimmy B, Obre and Lauri for Kemba, AD and Westbrook.

lol who tf traded you that? that's vetoable level bad trade

Looking at 2018-19 numbers and 2020 potential from my points league perspective, I'm not sure which side you think is so lopsided?

44 minutes ago, blazeh said:

lol who tf traded you that? that's vetoable level bad trade

Lmao, I am in a league that seems to value player names rather than actual production and hot takes. Lauri had a 34 point 17 rebound game or something like that...so they see that and get excited lol.

1 hour ago, blaze4g said:

Lmao, I am in a league that seems to value player names rather than actual production and hot takes. Lauri had a 34 point 17 rebound game or something like that...so they see that and get excited lol.

That's backwards then. If your league values names instead of production, then whoever traded AD/Kemba/Westbrook to you is valuing production over the "names" that they just traded you. Regardless, you just trade raped that guy. 

9 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

The difference between the IT2 monster season, Kyrie's seasons, and Kemba now is Kemba may or may not be the legit top dog every other possession.  It's only been one game but against the 76ers Tatum looked like he was the no.1 option way too often.  Tatum's shot selection was horrible and he was definitely taking too many shots when he should have reset with a pass to Hayward, Kemba or Smart.  The positive out of that game is that even with Tatum chucking Kemba still got his own.  If Stevens ever puts his foot down and stops Tatum from taking those horrible midrange shots or forced post shots and instead gets the ball moving quickly again I have no doubt Kemba will be a big beneficiary.

Another big difference that people don't tend to realise is the absence of Al Horford. That dude made the Celtics offense sing man.

• Like 3

nightmare first quarter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

Picked Draymond and Kemba, whose the dumbass now. Me. I'm so dumb.

who's*

• Haha 1