Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Anyone thinking of buying low?

FWIW, in my 14-team 9-cat league, I'm not ready to sell low as of now.

I've invested my 4th round pick on him, I'm going to give him a long leash because I know how he can play and how high of a ceiling he has.

I'm probably going to start panicking in 2 or 3 weeks if this continues.

• Like 1

Very disappointed thus far.... he was killing it towards the second half of last season. Why are they using Otto like this..? He's only 26.

I think he's hurt.

He waves off the other wing, when they waive him to rotate from the corner on offense.

Maybe there's some frustration too because he dives to the paint when he thinks a shot is going up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Anyone thinking of buying low?

Maybe.  I'd be shocked if Coby White kept this up.  He's on fire offensively and his spacing is huge when the 2 blackholes in Lavine and Markkanen are on the floor and absorbing every basketball in sight.  However there's a lot of things other than a red hot White working against Otto for the foreseeable future.  Firstly is Otto injured or dealing with something already?  All the talk of load management and restricted mins this early in the season is a tad concerning.  Secondly the addition of Thad Young is bad.  He's giving them good mins defensively at the 4 and is more than serviceable on offense.  Coaches love him  as he does well as a low usage player, doing all the small things that fit when next to other high usage players.  And third is the most frustrating one.  The coach is horrible.  Extending Boylen was basically accepting that losing is their future and he's their tank commander for the next few seasons.  Other than Lavine and Markkanen nobody else on this roster is guaranteed anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rncnomics said:

I think he's hurt.

He waves off the other wing, when they waive him to rotate from the corner on offense.

Maybe there's some frustration too because he dives to the paint when he thinks a shot is going up.

yeah something is definitely off here.

Looks completely out of place on the court and why would Boylen announce a minute restriction early on if he's healthy? Really strange.

Without past injuries, how do you come back from the off season and be on a minute restriction? So confused. My 4th rounder and a vital part of my team, going to have to sit and wait. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ROTY said:

2 games in. 2 games guys. 2. 

Yes I keep telling myself this...it has to get better. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fat Damon said:

Yeah the Ayton owner panicked, dumb move.
Now I got Coby White and Otto and dont know which one to drop for the Waiver claim

Youre gonna drop a player you invested a 4/5th round pick after 2 games? Thats a dumb move too.

11 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

looks like a lost season for this guy

you know it's an 82 game season yeah?

there's around 96% of the Bulls season to go hey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2019 at 12:12 AM, ellejamil said:

He is being load managed and we dont even know why

its his hip, we know now. hrmmm but like he was balling last few games of chicago last year....

ffs. maybe a recent strain....but hes also playing so thats a good sign at least.

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 1

Otto Porter Jr. played through pain

After talk of load management last weekend, Porter played his second game in as many nights. Boylen had said Friday night in Memphis that the Bulls planned to manage his minutes appropriately with the expectation of playing both games.

Porter still isn’t making the same impact that he made when he first came over from the Wizards in last February’s trade. He doesn’t look like he’s moving as well. Though he hasn’t been listed on the injury report, sources said the Bulls are closely monitoring Porter’s hip.

As if that isn’t enough, Porter then needed six stitches to close a cut in his mouth after taking an inadvertent Stanley Johnson elbow while taking a charge early in the second quarter. Porter stayed down on the court for several minutes, leaving a puddle of blood before retreating to the locker room.

Porter was short with his postgame comments about the incident afterward.

"Most likely, yeah," he said when asked if he's sore.

Porter then started the second half but finished just 2-for-7 for nine points in just over 20 minutes.

"He said he's really sore," Boylen said. "But I'm glad he came back."

Asked about how he feels physically with the Bulls managing his minutes, Porter said: "I'm just out there doing my job.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/5-observations-offense-goes-missing-bulls-home-loss-raptors

• Thanks 1

Good luck to everyone and he might turn it around.  But damn am I glad I was able to trade him away in two leagues.  

8 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Good luck to everyone and he might turn it around.  But damn am I glad I was able to trade him away in two leagues.  

I actually traded FOR him not knowing about his struggles. but i got rid of DLO in the process, it was supposed to be a good trade

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

He looks hurt imo.  Watched every Bulls game so far, and most of preseason.  Other than maybe a couple stints in preseason he's looked like a guy moving in pain.  The blow to the mouth the other day isn't going to help in the short term.

You gotta hold imo if you drafted him 7-9th rounds and hope in a few weeks he feels and plays better.  You'll get nothing valuable for him right now and he's got more upside than probably anybody available on the waiver in 10 and 12 team leagues.  Maybe 10 teamers have someone better available.

2 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

He looks hurt imo.  Watched every Bulls game so far, and most of preseason.  Other than maybe a couple stints in preseason he's looked like a guy moving in pain.  The blow to the mouth the other day isn't going to help in the short term.

You gotta hold imo if you drafted him 7-9th rounds and hope in a few weeks he feels and plays better.  You'll get nothing valuable for him right now and he's got more upside than probably anybody available on the waiver in 10 and 12 team leagues.  Maybe 10 teamers have someone better available.

Idk what leagues you drafted in my man but i know myself and many others on this thread pulled for this guy in the 4th/5th. Him playing like dog poop would be a huge blow to a lot of our teams. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Idk what leagues you drafted in my man but i know myself and many others on this thread pulled for this guy in the 4th/5th. Him playing like dog poop would be a huge blow to a lot of our teams. 

Damn.  I had him on my "do not draft list" just based on his apparent ongoing hip issues.  4th round!  Wow,  He went for $15 in our auction league, that was 71st overall so about 7th round.  If you got him 4th or 5th as a Bulls fan prayers up to all of us fam.  He's literally the only NBA quality wing in Chicago at the moment.

Edited by laurilegend

15 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Hes being drafted 4/5th so it’s pretty crazy to drop Otto this early in the season. In my auctions he went for 19 and 24 so that’s still a considerable amount of money to throw away.