Nyblazer11235

Who Will Be Next Week's Waiver Gems?

5 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Antonio Brown

seriously though, i'm with joe.

• Like 1

I'm sitting on newly acquired Darrell Henderson and Chase Edmonds. I don't buy that Henderson isn't going to contribute at some point, it's obvious that Gurley lacks burst now and only gets what is blocked. As for the Edmonds stash, David Johnson has looked pedestrian for AZ, so at some point, it's quite possible they give Edmonds more run because they are sick of losing/youth always gets run. 

Long shots? Sure. Logical long shots. My other backs are Kamara, Ekeler, Mostert, so that has some credence here too, rest of roster is heat 

21 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'm sitting on newly acquired Darrell Henderson and Chase Edmonds. I don't buy that Henderson isn't going to contribute at some point, it's obvious that Gurley lacks burst now and only gets what is blocked. As for the Edmonds stash, David Johnson has looked pedestrian for AZ, so at some point, it's quite possible they give Edmonds more run because they are sick of losing/youth always gets run. 

Long shots? Sure. Logical long shots. My other backs are Kamara, Ekeler, Mostert, so that has some credence here too, rest of roster is heat 

Gotta like Ty Johnson's potential opportunity better than Edmonds or Henderson, no?

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Gotta like Ty Johnson's potential opportunity better than Edmonds or Henderson, no?

He's rostered. 

I'd rank all three lotto tickets equally, I play with savages.

1 hour ago, pierceNKC said:

seriously though, i'm with joe.

Let's say he avoids the exempt list and teams are aware that this will be the case as early as next week, who signs him?

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Let's say he avoids the exempt list and teams are aware that this will be the case as early as next week, who signs him?

Steelers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I've learned not to rule anything out with this guy lol

As a Pittsburgher, I'm really hoping it happens just so I can hear all the Yinzers freak out on local radio 

I don't think Brown is going anywhere anytime soon, he's bad PR, and the Pats release is usually the kiss of death. 

Just now, dms80790 said:

As a Pittsburgher, I'm really hoping it happens just so I can hear all the Yinzers freak out on local radio 

Potentially the funniest scenario.  Prior to all the JuJu stuff his beef was with Ben, yeah?  I hadn't really been following the drama til the helmet.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Potentially the funniest scenario.  Prior to all the JuJu stuff his beef was with Ben, yeah?  I hadn't really been following the drama til the helmet.

Pretty much. It was a whole storm of him vs. Ben, Tomlin telling him to go home during practice before the Bengals game, the FB live video in the locker room, his sideline freakouts when he didn't get the ball, him hating the local media, etc. 

All that aside, I still love him lol. I'm in the very small minority in Pittsburgh

1 minute ago, dms80790 said:

Pretty much. It was a whole storm of him vs. Ben, Tomlin telling him to go home during practice before the Bengals game, the FB live video in the locker room, his sideline freakouts when he didn't get the ball, him hating the local media, etc. 

All that aside, I still love him lol. I'm in the very small minority in Pittsburgh

I would feel bad for JuJu, he seems like a nice guy.  But I also think it would be hilarious for the Yintzers.

I was also thinking he might be trying to leverage Kraft with this suit and drop it if they give him a new deal, seeing as BB and Brady didn't want him cut.

If the accusers suddenly dropped the suits, it would be a relatively easy PR move if Kraft could swallow his pride.  Probably a big if.

• Like 1

Agree with Preston Williams. A 14 target game, 9-110-1 and he’ll be going for a ton of FAAB. He’s the only talent they got down in Miami, they might stink, but somebody has to catch the ball.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, CooL said:

Agree with Preston Williams. A 14 target game, 9-110-1 and he’ll be going for a ton of FAAB. He’s the only talent they got down in Miami, they might stink, but somebody has to catch the ball.

Albert Wilson is back this week so he might be getting some of the dink and dunk passes.

posted this in the wrong thread, but:

Albert Wilson - Miami, if he plays.

He played 7 games last year before getting hurt and has on pace for 59/894/9 (with a couple huge games in there), which would be good for WR21 in half PPR over the full season.

This year he played two drives against Baltimore before getting hurt and he was getting fed on those drives (4 touches on 6 snaps):

Drive 1

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Preston Williams
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short right to Albert Wilson for 12 yards (tackle by Kenny Young)
Kalen Ballage up the middle for 4 yards (tackle by Pernell McPhee and Brandon Williams)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass deep right intended for Kenyan Drake is intercepted by Earl Thomas at BAL-39 and returned for 14 yards

Drive 2

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Albert Wilson
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Kalen Ballage for 13 yards (tackle by Earl Thomas)
Albert Wilson up the middle for 1 yard (tackle by Tony Jefferson)
Kalen Ballage right end for -8 yards (tackle by Matt Judon)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Albert Wilson for 1 yard (tackle by Patrick Onwuasor)

He's a slot receiver, short passing game option for a team that can't push the ball down the field and could have some value in PPR.

9 minutes ago, genya said:

posted this in the wrong thread, but:

Albert Wilson - Miami, if he plays.

He played 7 games last year before getting hurt and has on pace for 59/894/9 (with a couple huge games in there), which would be good for WR21 in half PPR over the full season.

This year he played two drives against Baltimore before getting hurt and he was getting fed on those drives (4 touches on 6 snaps):

Drive 1

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Preston Williams
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short right to Albert Wilson for 12 yards (tackle by Kenny Young)
Kalen Ballage up the middle for 4 yards (tackle by Pernell McPhee and Brandon Williams)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass deep right intended for Kenyan Drake is intercepted by Earl Thomas at BAL-39 and returned for 14 yards

Drive 2

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Albert Wilson
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Kalen Ballage for 13 yards (tackle by Earl Thomas)
Albert Wilson up the middle for 1 yard (tackle by Tony Jefferson)
Kalen Ballage right end for -8 yards (tackle by Matt Judon)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Albert Wilson for 1 yard (tackle by Patrick Onwuasor)

He's a slot receiver, short passing game option for a team that can't push the ball down the field and could have some value in PPR.

The problem with this logic is that the QB is now Josh Rosen.  Who has chemistry with Preston Williams, as demonstrated in the preseason.  You can't bank on this time of volume for Albert Wilson, never mind the fact that the guy can't stay on the field.  Preston Williams will be the #1 in Miami.  They're likely both on your wire now, so why not take the better guy?

I'm not gonna lie, this debate over who will be Miami's Lee Evans Garbage Time All Star is compelling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, CooL said:

The problem with this logic is that the QB is now Josh Rosen.  Who has chemistry with Preston Williams, as demonstrated in the preseason.  You can't bank on this time of volume for Albert Wilson, never mind the fact that the guy can't stay on the field.  Preston Williams will be the #1 in Miami.  They're likely both on your wire now, so why not take the better guy?

Well for one, Albert Wilson has already put up numbers in the league, and seems to be gameplanned for since he got the ball 4 times on 9 plays that the team ran to start the year (small sample, I know).

And secondly i would strongly argue that Preston Williams has chemistry with Rosen. He has 9 catches on 24 targets from Rosen in preseason and regular season games combined for a scoreless 158 yards and 37.5% catch rate. In week 3 he caught 3 passes for 37 yards from Rosen on 11! targets.

I'd rather see what Wilson can do.

5 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Preston Williams has 10 RZ targets, that's also been rostered .

Wait... Miami has made it to the RZ 10 times?