Sign in to follow this  
FlashGordon401

TNF: 9/19/19 Titans @ Jags Gameday Thread

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Sure, but how do you fix that? It's not like you can just stop calling holding penalties. The games would be an even bigger mess. You can train refs differently but it will always be a subjective call that people will bitch about

57 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Call it however you like, but it needs to be called consistently within a game. Whistles were absolutely swallowed in the third. On game winning drives, they're constantly swallowed again.

Make your officials full time, train their replacements in the NCAA. Pay them appropriately. Let the risk of a high performing official from D1 that wants your job drive you to grade out well.Grade out poorly, and run the risk of being demoted. Make the grades public. Get younger blood. Let high performing officials officiate the playoffs and reward them for making it there.

This isn't rocket science, IMO.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Those are reasonable suggestions Berko1se, but should we assume the NFL isn't happy with things how they are?  It seems an awful lot like a current HOF QB complained on twitter about how many penalties were called, the announcers mentioned it, a call came from the league office and the officials didn't bother calling penalties in the third quarter.

Maybe the league likes having that kind of control over the games...

EDIT:  On a side note, if I were in the league office, I'd try to rig the Dolphins to win a game or two as punishment for attempting to tank.

Edited by Iron-cock

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

I wonder if we will ever see being able to challenge roughing the passer soon.

Not as long as Brady is in the league.

7 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Those are reasonable suggestions Berko1se, but should we assume the NFL isn't happy with things how they are?  It seems an awful lot like a current HOF QB complained on twitter about how many penalties were called, the announcers mentioned it, a call came from the league office and the officials didn't bother calling penalties in the third quarter.

Maybe the league likes having that kind of control over the games...

EDIT:  On a side note, if I were in the league office, I'd try to rig the Dolphins to win a game or two as punishment for attempting to tank.

The crazy thing? The 3rd quarter, even with absolutely horrible football, was fun to watch

The Tom Brady Tweet is surely going to ruffle some feathers. A quick Twitter search shows people are unhappy with the product.

The question, is whether or not the masses will still watch without changes from the NFL (they will). But, over time, I think the product is gradually going to get worse unless the NFL steps in, and ultimately, ratings will suffer.

10 hours ago, Zaschrona said:

Can't believe I am actually playing Titans D. 🙉

Same here.   Not a good start.

So glad this guy isn't MY quarterback

Sincerely,

Denver Bronco Fan

Edit: dammit thought this was the Mariota thread. Too early...

Edited by lolcopter
  • Haha 1

I actually enjoyed the game.  Except for DJ Chark and Adam Humphries (and Jags D), it looks like every player underperformed their projections.  I didn't own anyone in that game so that was great!

It was horrible football but sometimes you gotta look at the bright side.