Sign in to follow this  
Skip23

Start Hardman over Woods (WHIR)

Last week Hardman could have had 5 catches, 135 yards and 2 TDs if a holding penalty wasn't called on his 75 yard TD.  At flex, should I start Mecole Hardman (vs BAL) over Robert Woods (@CLE) this week?

12 Team, ESPN, half PPR

QB - Josh Allen

RB - Zeke Elliott / David Montgomery

WR - Mike Evans / Marquise Brown

TE - George Kittle

FLEX - Robert Woods

Bench - Mecole Hardman, DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Miles Sanders, Malcolm Brown, Kyler Murray, 

D - Tennessee ; K - Maher

Edited by Skip23

gotta go with woods man. He has an actual track record. Mecole could go off, but it's a gamble.

I would also start Woods, with one caveat:  If you're playing someone where you need a huge ceiling to win, go with Hardman.  I would also consider Hardman if I was facing Mahomes.  But in a vacuum Woods is the better play.

• Like 1

People would say the safe bet is Woods.  But is it really?  How has he, or any of the Rams receivers, proven that they will be Goffs flavor of the week?  He's a third option in that offense. Hardman and Mahomes seem to be building rapport.  Mahomes wants to get the ball to Hardman.  Fortune favors the bold.  If you want a guaranteed 6-7 point floor then play Woods.  If you want that money then lay it on the line with Hardman.

• Like 1

Another vote for Woods, it’s anyones guess which KC reciever will go off , or Kelce . Thanks for mine 

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

I would also start Woods, with one caveat:  If you're playing someone where you need a huge ceiling to win, go with Hardman.  I would also consider Hardman if I was facing Mahomes.  But in a vacuum Woods is the better play.

Agreed all the way around.  Thanks for mine!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, xcmercy said:

People would say the safe bet is Woods.  But is it really?  How has he, or any of the Rams receivers, proven that they will be Goffs flavor of the week?  He's a third option in that offense. Hardman and Mahomes seem to be building rapport.  Mahomes wants to get the ball to Hardman.  Fortune favors the bold.  If you want a guaranteed 6-7 point floor then play Woods.  If you want that money then lay it on the line with Hardman.

I just wanted to come back here and re-visit this.  I think it's pretty safe to say my comment was spot on.  Who did you go with?